what is the story behind your sig?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sparkys girl

Refugee
lookin at bonochick's sig got me thinking...what does it mean?! so here's your chance to tell us about your sig guys!

i love the one i am currently using, i think it sez it all!
biggrin.gif
adam = hottie!
adam_lights.jpg

------------------
Is it getting hot in here or is it just ADAM??
*+*MaRiA*+*

[This message has been edited by sparkys girl (edited 05-14-2002).]

the first bit is adam on the passengers album. i'm a sparkyholic, so...

second bit: my friend Meesh said that about Larry one night, when we were really buckled and it cracked us up!

last bit: that's what Bono said about Cardboard Adam when I asked him about it!

------------------
Zooming in
Zooming out
Nothing I can't do without
A lens to see it all up close
Magnifying what no one knows
Never in company
Never alone
No car alarm
No cellular phone
- Adam Clayton / Passengers

"If Larry's gay, I'll be a man!" -Michelle-

Me: '-Bono! Do u have Cardboard Adam in the studio?
Bono: 'Yeah! Actually, he does more work than the real one!

well

Lemon= the tune I was playing on the stereo when I signed up and was thinking of a screen name+that I have a mad Obsession with the Popmart Lemon wich is supercool.

Boy=The first album of U2 and by big coincidence a hint to my gender....

biggrin.gif

------------------
"PLEBA Mansion Bootler"

"Lemons, the chicks- they love the lemon"
-Bono in Rotterdam-

"Proud member of the U2 gender"

Sooorrry!

I was watching TV as I was writing and totally misunderstood the topic!!

anyway...

part 1 is the title of occupation the wonderful girls of PLEBA gave me

part 2 is a qute from Bono from a Rotterdam Popmart concert just before EBTTRT

part 3 is an expression that was floating around PLEBA wich I picked up and stole!
biggrin.gif

btw I took me a long time to actually find something cool to put in my sig!

------------------
"PLEBA Mansion Bootler"

"Lemons, the chicks- they love the lemon"
-Bono in Rotterdam-

"Proud member of the U2 gender"

[This message has been edited by Lemonboy (edited 05-14-2002).]

I don?t even remember what is in mine since I never check the ?show sig? box. Lol. Err, I think it?s a quote by Bono that makes me laugh, links to my pics of the U2 sites in Dublin, my U2 concert pix and European travel photos, and a phrase in Dutch which should (if DrTeeth translated right for me) say ?I am woman, hear me roar.?
biggrin.gif

-sula

------------------
~I want to play the guitar very badly, and I do play the guitar very badly - Bono~

Take a virtual tour of U2's Dublin... Crzy4Bono's U2 page with some of Sula's Dublin pic's

Sula's Europe and U2 Concert Pics

Ik ben een vrouw, hoor mij eens brullen!!

Got me name......got me Bono mouth....got me Wild Honey quote....got me Bono quote....got me boos link....got me a Smiths quote bc I loveth them and that song, "Panic," and got me a Pete Yorn quote bc I loveth him.

P.S. Bono's hot.

------------------
~*Mona*~
ani_bono.gif

LOVE me, give me SOUL

"Rock n Roll never tasted so good" ~Bono
Get on the Boos

Burn down the disco* Hang the blessed D.J.*
Because the music that they constantly play
IT SAYS NOTHING TO ME ABOUT MY LIFE ~Smiths

I am just for you, as you are not for me ~Pete Yorn

1. There is a guy named Dave Evans at my school. No joke. He doesn't look like Edge though.....
frown.gif

2. I just thought of it one day..............

3. HAHAHAHHA, I love Bono!! SO WITTY.

------------------

DAVE EVANS ATTENDS MY SCHOOL, I have proof!

I want Bono, I want Larry, Edgie Edgie I love you hairy!
(meow mix tune)

"Where's my public? My God, they've deserted me! This is a crisis. We'd better do something. Stir up some publicity or something. 'Bono in under-age sex orgy.' That should do it. I want my public Back" - Bono 87'

The_fly2002

One of my fav U2 songs is "The Fly" from Achtung Baby, so that's one of the reasons, *I* wanted Mrs. Clayton, but someone already had it LOL j/k. I just wanted my sig to be a U2 song or somehow U2 related, since I'm a HUGE fan of U2. Even when I'm on hotmail or some other BB totally unrelated to U2, I want my sig to be U2 related. And of course, it gets me closer to Bono LOL. 2002 is pretty self explantory LOL. Can't help it, I'm U2 obsessed!!!!!

Mine is in Irish, it says:
I am short
I am tall
I am thin
I am fat
I am a woman

I change mine alot though

------------------
T? m? ?seal.
T? m? ard.
T? m? tana?.
T? m? ramhar.
T? m? bean.

Mine have been coming from me mum lately. The latest one is from when our car had something stuck in the tire and when we got home she told my father 'the car was rattle and humming' and I think we were either listening to Rattle and Hum that morning or it right before the car started 'rattle and humming'

Another one I think I had was about Adam. She was in my room using my computer and I was sitting next to her to make sure she didn't blow the thing up and it was quiet and a pic of Adam was in front of me, and out of no where I said, "Ma, Bono says Adam's instrument holds mysterious powers of womenfolk." and she said, "yea let me see..." I was shocked and showed her the naked adam pic. My mother...she has come up with some pretty random things.

------------------
Dana

Ma: The car was rattle and humming...
Dana: COOL!

Originally posted by GypsyHeartgirl:
First time I eard BD, te (my letter between g and i is broken) te lyrics seemed written just for me. My sig is a variation of it.

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

You can borrow these.

Originally posted by sparkys girl:
lookin at bonochick's sig got me thinking...what does it mean?!

My sig is a Bono quote from B.P. Fallon's book.
smile.gif

------------------
"Frisbetarians believe that when they die their soul goes up on the roof, and they can't get it down."

Bonochick's Place

Originally posted by Bonochick:
smile.gif

doh! a la homer simpson!
that bono comes up with some weird stuff!
biggrin.gif

------------------
*+*MaRiA*+*

Originally posted by JessicaAnn:
The first one is a funny quote about Bono

I wish you'd get rid of that quote! I really want to use it my sig!
biggrin.gif

------------------
Sunday all the lights of London / Shining, sky is fading red to blue / I'm kicking through the Autumn leaves / And wondering where it is you might be going to

Love,
Emily

<A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html" TARGET=_blank>
Emily's Wallpapers
</A>

well, let's see...

1. my office in willyville...although i'm told not to quit my day job

2. my dad = horrible pun machine...the words "shut up dad" come out of my mouth often

3. lies and i were driving and my drivers side window almost fell out of the car while we were traveling at quite a speed. i, being spawned of the bad pun machine, burst out into song, and lies joined right in. this was the fruits of our labor.

4. *evil grin* heh heh heh

------------------
Official Town Crier of Willyville

Laura: Dad, don't forget that you'll have to take mom home.
Dad: Well, Laura...y'know your mother...she's all that you can't leave behind...

*sings loudly*
"AND I KNOW IT ACHES, AND YOUR CAR IT BREAKS, YOU CAN ONLY TAKE SO MUCH...DRIVE ON"

"Here we are in our 40 ft. lemon. F*@k off!" - Bono

My interpretation of Walk On lyric line (kind of my philosophy: since who is to judge lest ye be judged, we all make mistakes and no one should be cold to another, since we're all a reflection of one another)...with the special addition POE made since 9/11.

I wanted to keep it simple.

------------------
If your glass house should crack....POE

I change mine a lot too... this current one is just a lyric from the Alice in Chains song Dont Follow - after Layne Staley died, I'm a big fan of his.

------------------

Say Goodbye, Don't Follow.

Rest in Peace Layne.

I'm another semi-frequent sig changer... but currently:

1 - one of my favorite lyrics from REM's Reveal

2 - A line from Il Postino

------------------
I used to think
As birds take wing
They sing through life so why can't we?

?Poetry doesn?t belong to those who write it; it belongs to those who need it.?

Originally posted by madonna's child:
I was listening to "Babylon" by David Gray and just typed up some of the lyrics. Nothing special, I change it often.

EXCUSE ME?!?!?!? tell me you DID NOT just say my David's lyrics are nothing special!!!!!! aaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!

------------------
"I retain the right to act like a hormonal teenager because i am one!!!" ~~~ Laura

AIM: Rattle n Hum 02

peace out \\//

I don't post my sig much because it's a bit on the long side... I need to re-vamp it.

However... it kinda speaks for itself, I guess.

I'm of the Larry persuasion, so most of it's from Larry moments.
biggrin.gif
There a couple of Larry quotes and the sign I held up in Las Vegas and LA3 is also quoted. The "Hit Gurl" came crom Larry's shirt during Popmart - Hit Man... I'm a fledgling drummer and hey, it kinda stuck.
biggrin.gif

Moonie
biggrin.gif

------------------
If you ask me, I think it's all about drums.
"Do you have a final message for the crowd today, something they can take home with them, as if this wasn't enough?"

"Something they can take home with them? I'm not taking off my clothes!"
~Larry, Much Music Interview
"If a student with an accordion had come along, I would've played with them ya know...that was where I was at, I was that desperate to play with somebody."
(Larry, about his Mount Temple days, before forming U2)

*Larry, I played accordion. Can I have a drumstick?*
From the heart, on a blue sign, 11-18-01, Vegas
Hit Gurl

Originally posted by Bonochick:
smile.gif

Mwahaha I thought it was just completely random. It gives me a big smile every time.
biggrin.gif

Me... I need a new sig.... The what's a Bono quote is from Mona's Abuela. It's seems like a perfectly reasonable question to me. Sometimes I just pause and think "Bono???".

------------------
Laura
~~~
Something to do with politics, kids, freshness, and breakthrough.
And love.

(Joan Baez)
~~~

...what's a Bono?

Part I: When Lilly made the wonderful batch of U2 cookies for the MPLS Grammy party, complete with all four boys faces, and I quickly claimed the Mesh-wearing Larry. I was gonna keep it forever, but in the morning he was in the fridge staring right back at me lookin yummy(like always) I just had to eat it...

Part 2: Sula, Lilly and I were at Sulas planning PLEBA convention 2002 and watching PopMart Mexico city. Just as WOWOY was climaxing (you know, the part where you're sitting at the edge of yer seat with drool coming down your chin and your fingernails digging into the chair whilst he does his LUUUUVLY falsetto Oooohing) Lilly and Sula strike up a convo about "spongy parichimic tissure" or some biochemist crap. And I screamed out the quote you see below you.

------------------
Proud owner & lover *munch munch*(of the now late) Larry cookie

"SHHHH!!! Bono is HOO-ing!"
-Me, as Sula and Lilly talk through the end of WOWOY on Popmart Vid

My sig comes from one of my all time favorite rock album :The Rolling Stones'"Exile on Main Street". It's from the opening track "Rock's Off", and I'm a night owl so it represents me well.

The link under it is shameless promotion.
biggrin.gif

------------------
The sunshine bores the daylights out of me
Chasing shadows moonlight mystery

My Photo Albums

I was listening to "Babylon" by David Gray and just typed up some of the lyrics. Nothing special, I change it often.

------------------
Sunday all the lights of London / Shining, sky is fading red to blue / I'm kicking through the Autumn leaves / And wondering where it is you might be going to

Love,
Emily

<A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html" TARGET=_blank>
Emily's Wallpapers
</A>

I made up my own lyrics to MOFO.

------------------
Sexy poshin' sugar snarlin' rock and roll ...
sicy@interference.com
My Lair

i think i used 'she is the dreamer, she's imagination' (lemon is my fave zooropa song)forever but then i decided to change it (i think someone else is using it).

i also used 'bassplayers have the weirdest fans' which is an edgie quote from the flanagan book. i think that one is pretty funny!

still waiting on bonochick!
biggrin.gif

------------------
*+*MaRiA*+*

Back
Top Bottom