what is the story behind your sig?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by Sicy:
I made up my own lyrics to MOFO.

that's okay sicy! i think bono does that too from time to time!
biggrin.gif

------------------
Is it getting hot in here or is it just ADAM??
*+*MaRiA*+*

The first one is a funny quote about Bono, There others are random bits of wisdom that cometh from the mouth of Bono.

------------------
Jessica

"I turn slightly and catch Bono with half a Perrier bottle in his mouth. He's sucking the thing in such a manner it would put Madonna to shame!"

"I'm very secure with the fact that I'm not black. I'm white, pink and rosy. But I've got soul."
--Bono

?We make music you can have sex to.?
--Bono

"Girls boys listen me kiss love fun drink sick kiss cuddle sex swim sea rock and rub." (from the gates of Bono's house)

[This message has been edited by JessicaAnn (edited 05-14-2002).]

lol at bono....saying he is white pink & rosy!
biggrin.gif

------------------
*+*MaRiA*+*

Two things helped me pick my sig...

First, I have a tendency to reveal a little too much about myself and it has come back to haunt me a few times but I feel like if I've done something or experienced something, I'm willing to talk about it even if I look bad or it's really personal. I don't try to hide any of the bad or embarrasing things I've done in my life. My family has told me that maybe I should be less open and keep some things to myself but I can't be that way.

Second, I give a lot in my friendships and to the people I love, sometimes to the point of neglecting myself or promising more than I can actually give because I love to make others happy.

Thats my story
wink.gif

------------------
Just as you find me
Always I will be
A little bit too free
With myself

I think I've had many a sig that should be brought back NOW!

1. Proud maker, baker, and owner of THE U2 cookies.

This came from the Grammy party I went to for which I supplied confectionary goodness.

2. Just tell 'em what they wanna hear and no one'll complain.

This was advice given to me by my very best friend about a job interview I had.

3. "Why do you have to be such a smart ass?" ~my mom.

Yeah, self explainatory...though I don't know where she got that smart ass bit from....

4. Come on wisdom tooth, don't fail me now!

I had that revelation as my mouth was swollen and sore cos my wisdom tooth was growing in and I was preparing for AP tests. It did not fail me one bit.

5. The current one

I really like this a lot, and while it may be "dark" I think it expresses a lot of truth.

------------------
I did my best, it wasn't much
I couldn't feel so I learned to touch
I've told the truth, I didn't come to fool you

First time I eard BD, te (my letter between g and i is broken) te lyrics seemed written just for me. My sig is a variation of it.

------------------
"I've been all over,
and it's been all over me!"

Originally posted by LivLuvAndBootlegMusic:
EXCUSE ME?!?!?!? tell me you DID NOT just say my David's lyrics are nothing special!!!!!! aaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!

Oh, David's lyrics are very special. I loveth him. What I mean is, my sig doesn't have a "title" or whatever.

------------------
Sunday all the lights of London / Shining, sky is fading red to blue / I'm kicking through the Autumn leaves / And wondering where it is you might be going to

Love,
Emily

<A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html" TARGET=_blank>
Emily's Wallpapers
</A>

"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

I?m a sparkoholic!

I mean, what more do I need to say
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

elev_020801_adam1.jpg

------------------
"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

Originally posted by madonna's child:
I wish you'd get rid of that quote! I really want to use it my sig!
biggrin.gif

But I loveth that quote ... It's so ... so ... Bono.

------------------
Jessica

"I turn slightly and catch Bono with half a Perrier bottle in his mouth. He's sucking the thing in such a manner it would put Madonna to shame!"

"I'm very secure with the fact that I'm not black. I'm white, pink and rosy. But I've got soul."
--Bono

?We make music you can have sex to.?
--Bono

"Girls boys listen me kiss love fun drink sick kiss cuddle sex swim sea rock and rub." (from the gates of Bono's house)

My current sig is fairly boring. Funny Bono quote, a link. Simple. I had a similar one, same style, before it, with lyrics from Garbage's Won't Cry These Tears. I wanted to change it because I had the one before it for SO long -- it had a *really* good Bono quote: "You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988. I LOVE that quote, and I'd be a liar if I said I wouldn't drag it out again someday
tongue.gif

------------------
"I dance much better horizontally than vertically." - Bono

Popheart.org

my sig quote is from Walk to the Water....i absolutely love that song. mmmmmm Bono talking....*drool*

------------------
xoxo,
chelsea

i'm looking through your window
i'm walking through your doorway
i'm on the outside, let me in....let me love you.

Originally posted by AM:

I?m a sparkoholic!

I mean, what more do I need to say
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

elev_020801_adam1.jpg

very true!

------------------
*+*MaRiA*+*

Okay my sig is not special a Bono quote: that was the first page I downloaded about U2, a quote page and this was the first quote on the top. And it's quite good, isn't it.
The other quote is from Emily, when I read it I started wondering 'yeah that's actually true', and I wrote it down and I keep the sheet in my purse lol...maybe it will bring fortune for me!

The third->well you're free to mail me!

------------------
Everyone argues then we do what I say-Bono

Adam is the most hugable member of the band. He just look like he was made for hugging.-madonna's child

Email me at: christina@u2email.com

Originally posted by JessicaAnn:
But I loveth that quote ... It's so ... so ... Bono.

But it has a reference to Maddy in it.

<---------I'm her child, you know.
wink.gif

------------------
Sunday all the lights of London / Shining, sky is fading red to blue / I'm kicking through the Autumn leaves / And wondering where it is you might be going to

Love,
Emily

<A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html" TARGET=_blank>
Emily's Wallpapers
</A>

I just added another quote to my sig, so I thought I should explain it. Last night my brother was in his room, and I was in my room and my music was loud. I can't remember which song was on, but he IMed me and said, 'That bassline sucks'. And of course that got a rise out of me and I started yellin at him.

------------------
Dana

Ma: The car was rattle and humming...
Dana: COOL!

Dumb Brother: That bassline sucks.
Dana: *goes off on wild tangent*

i cant remember who started it, i think it was hippy, but now kristie and i both use ALOTWU for "adam lovers of the world unite!"

and i think the other thing in my sig is a link to my webpage...

------------------
***ALOTWU***

The Palace of My Shame

Originally posted by wertsie:
My sig is rather dull. I want to spice it up a bit, but with what?

Well Wertsie, why dont u try:

*as you have quoted*

"We're one, but we're not the same..."

ok? I say try:

"We're one, but we're not the same...we get to..carry each other but we end up in pain"

(ya know, from sore shoulders and all that.....
biggrin.gif
)

I'm rather partial to my new sig. I think it's pretty self-explanatory.
wink.gif

---------------
33447%3A4323232%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E2325%3D623%3D587%3Dxroqdf%3E23232%3A983%3B847ot1lsi

This thread has been Viggofied
biggrin.gif

Back
Top Bottom