WHAT IS HE SAYING!?!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hippy

ONE<br>love, blood, life
Lookin' for the face I had before the world was ma
Okay...so this is driving me crazy...

ani_bono.gif

Okay...so what is he saying? Opinions...comments...can someone even just figure out what video it's from?

------------------
And love is not the easy thing...the only baggage you can bring is all that you can't leave behind.

BONO: FOAD, Lawrence. Just FOAD. (LOL, Mona)

Create Light, Create Unity, Create Joy, CREATE PEACE!

HUEVO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
~*Mona*~
cone-1.JPG

LOVE me, give me SOUL

"I think I just said I was smart there - I'm sorry about that." ~Bono

"I...I had a one night stand with the Discoteque video" ~Mona

The Man Corral

Originally posted by WildHonee:
HUEVO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LMAO!!! indeed!!

is he supposed to be saying "the goal is soul"? that's what i got.

*lip-reader julie*

------------------
~Julie*
ScottPhisto's Shampoo Girl

"Let me introduce you to the scientist in the family. The man who gets sexual pleasure out of the collection of data. The Edge!" ~Bono (Boston)

The Fly: *looking at Edge* Did you have a dictionary for breakfast or something?
(MPS)

"EEEEEDGE, BEDAZZLE MEEEEEE!"

Originally posted by MissVelvetDress_75:
I believe this is from the Stuck video that is on the Boston DVD. However, I cannot read his lips, so I cannot tell you what he is saying.

I can't read lips either. But I am FECKIN' willing to sit here and watch.

------------------
~*Mona*~
cone-1.JPG

LOVE me, give me SOUL

The Man Corral

[This message has been edited by WildHonee (edited 02-13-2002).]

I believe this is from the Stuck video that is on the Boston DVD. However, I cannot read his lips, so I cannot tell you what he is saying.

Damn, I don't have that
frown.gif
Anyone want to check it out?

------------------
And love is not the easy thing...the only baggage you can bring is all that you can't leave behind.

Originally posted by FallDownJulie:
LMAO!!! indeed!!

is he supposed to be saying "the goal is soul"? that's what i got.

*lip-reader julie*

Well, that's what I was thinking too. But then there's that big breath, or something right after that...

WTF????

Mona, constantly puzzling PLEBA
smile.gif

------------------

Originally posted by hippyactress:
Well, that's what I was thinking too. But then there's that big breath, or something right after that...

WTF????

Mona, constantly puzzling PLEBA
smile.gif

This takes too much thinkin.' I'm goin' back to that Larry thread.

YEAH TAKE IT, LAWRENCE!

------------------
~*Mona*~
ani_bono.gif

LOVE me, give me SOUL

The Man Corral

[This message has been edited by WildHonee (edited 02-13-2002).]

Dude, i just sat here for about ten minutes straight, completely mesmerized by the undulating Bono and his mouth. whoa

and i can't spell.
smile.gif
lol

------------------
~Julie*
ScottPhisto's Shampoo Girl

"Let me introduce you to the scientist in the family. The man who gets sexual pleasure out of the collection of data. The Edge!" ~Bono (Boston)

The Fly: *looking at Edge* Did you have a dictionary for breakfast or something?
(MPS)

"EEEEEDGE, BEDAZZLE MEEEEEE!"

okay, fine. i guess I will break my lenten fast and watch this video.
wink.gif
I will post my report in a few min.
*is horrified that I was actually going to give U2 up for Lent*

GIVE UP U2 FOR LENT!

I'm glad I'm making you break that!
biggrin.gif

*waits patiently for report after sifting through all her U2 videos and not finding a damn thing
frown.gif

------------------

I always saw it as "the goal is soul," too. But then it's like he says something in the middle. I have no idea. And yeah, I can't think of where this clip would be from where Bono says *that.* I mean, he usually said that in concert, right?

------------------
"I still can't play guitar
How the hell did I get this far?"

~Bono, Detroit

There is no way we could possibly do infinity push-ups.

I know it is pretty scarey thought. I decided to give up sodas and fast food. that i can live without.
wink.gif

GIVE UP U2 FOR LENT!

I'm glad I'm making you break that!
biggrin.gif

*waits patiently for report after sifting through all her U2 videos and not finding a damn thing
frown.gif

okay, so i watched the video.
biggrin.gif
(btw, I love that video, they all look so good in it and happy) and well this is what I can come up with. that little image up there is either saying the following:

"You've Got To Get Yourself Together"

"I was unconscious, half asleep"

"it's a long way down to nothing to all"

"Light you brought to me"

"But darling, look at you"
or
"A Song that I can sing "

Does he somewhere say

The goal is soul, yeah

That's what I can't get out of my head that he's saying! Argh...this is really frustrating!

Thanks for the research MVD
wink.gif

------------------

Does he somewhere say

The goal is soul, yeah

no...i think that little image is looped because during the video those are lyrics he is saying during the shot that looks similar to the one in question, however it does look like he is saying the goal is soul. oh well, i am always happy to do U2 video research.
wink.gif

Originally posted by elizabeth:
this is such a hilarious thread.

HAHA!

did it ever get resolved???

NO! I still have no feckin idea what that man is saying! And I still just stared at it again for about 3 minutes to try and figure it out! ARGH!

------------------

He is saying "I love you Jessica, will you marry me?"

Sorry .. it's late on a Friday and I am feeling a bit snarky.

------------------
Jessica

"I turn slightly and catch Bono with half a Perrier bottle in his mouth. He's sucking the thing in such a manner it would put Madonna to shame!"

"I'm very secure with the fact that I'm not black. I'm white, pink and rosy. But I've got soul."
--Bono

?We make music you can have sex to.?
--Bono

"Girls boys listen me kiss love fun drink sick kiss cuddle sex swim sea rock and rub." (from the gates of Bono's house)

Ummmm, I think it's from the Walk On video. When they're in the room that at the end Bono just walks out of.

------------------
It's the puppets that pull the strings.

*You're very kind. Most people laugh when they see my googly eye.*

flibbertigibbet

The Edge, it's a direct object.

Originally posted by Lilly:
Ummmm, I think it's from the Walk On video. When they're in the room that at the end Bono just walks out of.

Okay, I just sat and watched it twice to see.. and I don't it, but the background does look like that room
Unless you mean the brazil version

I SOLVED THE MYSTERY!!!! This is from and alternative version of Beautiful Day shot in Nice, France and he's saying "what you don't have you don't need it now." This is from the CD that was in the London Sunday Times newspaper a while back. The gif with Larry is from this video too. The CD has 5 songs and 2 videos and I just played it and paused the screen at that part to make sure and yep, thats it. We can all sleep now!

Originally posted by Bono's American Wife:
I SOLVED THE MYSTERY!!!! This is from and alternative version of Beautiful Day shot in Nice, France and he's saying "what you don't have you don't need it now." This is from the CD that was in the London Sunday Times newspaper a while back. The gif with Larry is from this video too. The CD has 5 songs and 2 videos and I just played it and paused the screen at that part to make sure and yep, thats it. We can all sleep now!

hippy bows to BAM!

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

That's it! You really have solved the mystery...that little thing has been playing itself in my head all day long and I couldn't figure it out!

Woohoo!

*hippy goes to watch the gif over and over again and sing along with Bono
smile.gif

------------------

I thought he was having an orgasm.
redface.gif

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

Well tonight thank God it's them, instead of you...

FINALLY!!
I feel so much better, I'll find another animated thing...
ani_row.gif

[This message has been edited by Kristie (edited 02-15-2002).]

*sherlock holmes theme*

tune in next time for more pleba girl's mysteries...

wink.gif

------------------

id love adam to perform for me..wearing only cologne and a smile

*sigh of relief*

Thank you BAM! Now I can sleep at night again....

------------------
~*~?~*~ Katie ~*~?~*~
"Now America looks smart and, dare I say it, sexy again." ~ Bono, 2000

She is the dreamer
She's imagination

Yep, you are right. I forgot about the BD version in France. I believe the stuck video from the DVD was also filmed in France in the same studio, that is why I thought it was the Stuck video. Cool, thanks for solving the mystery of the Bono gif.
wink.gif

[This message has been edited by MissVelvetDress_75 (edited 02-15-2002).]

This video is just hot beyond belief and I'm trying to find out how I can copy and download it somehow. It's not a DVD so I can't do a screen capture but I'm trying to see if I can use Windows Moviemaker. If I can at least figure out how to do some captures, oh baby, get the drool buckets out!!

This video is just hot beyond belief and I'm trying to find out how I can copy and download it somehow. It's not a DVD so I can't do a screen capture but I'm trying to see if I can use Windows Moviemaker. If I can at least figure out how to do some captures, oh baby, get the drool buckets out!!

*Drool bucket in hand, hippy waits patiently*
biggrin.gif

------------------

NO! I still have no feckin idea what that man is saying! And I still just stared at it again for about 3 minutes to try and figure it out! ARGH!

I keep seeing it as "slow down.." something, maybe 'your'
this is on a basis of not looking for a specific song or lyric, it's just what it looks like to me

Back
Top Bottom