What if the tour is postponed???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sparkys girl

Refugee
I have been thinking about this very possibility. They have a TON of gear, equipment and personnel to move around the country. Not to mention stricter checks at airports, right now they could not even enter the country if they wanted to. My brother was going to a show in 2 wks, they told him to hold on to his tkt b/c the tour was postponed until January b/c the band could not enter the country with their gear. I guess we will have to wait and see, this makes me even more sad...
frown.gif

------------------
"She is the dreamer, she's imagination..."

*+*MaRiA*+*

No, don't say this, darling sparky lover!
smile.gif

Happy thoughts!!

Must think happy thoughts!!

------------------
Make Love!
Not War

humbug! *curls into ball* Well then they can just invite us into their plane and we'll go to the desert and have a party.

------------------
~*Mona*~
"We're one, but we're not the same. We get to carry each other"

Does anyone know the new tickets sale dates, or they haven't been announced yet?
As long as they come here I don't care when, as long as they come!!! But I really hope it's still in October...

------------------
"The goal is elevation"

Oh crap, oh no.......no we have to think positive. Everything's going to work out, you'll get your U2 ticket for Chicago, I'll get mine for Vegas....and we'll live happily ever after. Yes, that's what's going to happen.
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Stafana:
yes I am registered at u2.com, but the last time it was simply impossible to even access the site, no one I know who is registered could buy his tickets with the net... anyway I'll try again this time, hopefully it'll work!

yeah, i guess that is the risky thing about using the web to get tkts, i guess we just need to use every available source to assure we get good tkts. good luck everyone!!
smile.gif

------------------

*+*MaRiA*+*

eek.gif
OMG!
eek.gif

Just heard on the radio that Bush IS planning on war against countries not just a single attack on Bin Laden's people.

So third leg beginning to look doubtfull!
frown.gif

yeah, I know, that is the scariest thing....this conflict may cause alot of changes! Let's keep the Faith and focus on the positive, it is alot to ask of us, but we can't do much more...
frown.gif

------------------

*+*MaRiA*+*

i wouldnt mind it being postponed.. gives me a chance to go.
btw, are u ALL going to chicago????? *hopes they play OOC that night*

and the major problem of getting to the US now is having a ticket!!! (and i can know
mad.gif
!!) but since they have their own plane anyway..

Originally posted by sparkys girl:
yeah, I know, that is the scariest thing....this conflict may cause alot of changes! Let's keep the Faith and focus on the positive, it is alot to ask of us, but we can't do much more...
frown.gif

Yeah... hope there doesn't come a time when the tour is the least of our worries.
frown.gif

We'll have to try and hope for the best - and think happier thoughts (Bono elevated... or whatever works for you
biggrin.gif
)

Originally posted by Bonoforever:
eek.gif
OMG!
eek.gif

Just heard on the radio that Bush IS planning on war against countries not just a single attack on Bin Laden's people.

So third leg beginning to look doubtfull!
frown.gif

Shoot! WHAT? Geez now I'm sick to my stomach again
frown.gif

``We will smoke them out of their holes,'' Bush said. ``We'll get them running and
we'll bring them to justice.''

``We're at war,'' the commander in chief said.

``Everybody who wears the uniform: Get ready,'' Bush instructed.

The White House would not rule out the use of ground troops; Bush himself said ``the conflict will not be easy.''

The president urged Americans to go about their lives but cautioned the threat might not be over. He said there should be ``a heightened sense of awareness that a group of barbarians have declared war on the American people.''

Bush intended to challenge Americans on Sunday to defy terrorists by returning to the normal course of their lives as soon as possible, aides said. He also hoped to reassure jittery financial markets by espousing the fundamentals of the economy.

shoot. I want to move to...anywhere else now.

------------------
~*Mona*~

Originally posted by WildHonee:

You are still safer here Mona, than in most other countries. The moon is probably the only place we could go and be safe! This is such a sad statement...
frown.gif

------------------

*+*MaRiA*+*

You are still safer here Mona, than in most other countries. The moon is probably the only place we could go and be safe! This is such a sad statement...
frown.gif

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Read my hoo-ah thread. I'm happier now. Whatta difference a minute can make. (o that sounds creepy but it can be good!)

*Bono and I colonize on the moon and eat cheeeeeese* oooo

------------------
~*Mona*~

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Read my hoo-ah thread. I'm happier now. Whatta difference a minute can make. (o that sounds creepy but it can be good!)

*Bono and I colonize on the moon and eat cheeeeeese* oooo

I did see your other thread....best of luck at the show, there is nothing like a U2 show!! It is Unforgettable!!!

------------------

*+*MaRiA*+*

Does anyone know the new tickets sale dates, or they haven't been announced yet?
As long as they come here I don't care when, as long as they come!!! But I really hope it's still in October...

The tkt sales were supposed to have started today for some cities and next Saturday for the remaining shows. Since Tuesday's attack, everything has been put on hold...until when...I am not sure. Prop is rumored to be sending out tkt forms next week, but we have to wait and see what happens next.

------------------

*+*MaRiA*+*

mad.gif
I don't get Prop!!! *ashamed* I'm not a real fan... they were suppose to be on sale today here, I was all ready!!
Maybe it'll be next Saturday??

------------------
"The goal is elevation"

mad.gif
I don't get Prop!!! *ashamed* I'm not a real fan... they were suppose to be on sale today here, I was all ready!!
Maybe it'll be next Saturday??

are you already registered with U2.com???They were supposed to have a tkt pre-sale for members registered before Sept 10th, I believe. Of course, that was also put on hold. My sis is pissed b/c they are providing 2 tkts per member, her roommate is also coming to the show and so we have to get her tkt separately, I assume as long as she gets a GA tkt, she is not out of luck. She was hoping we could all get our tkts at the same time.

------------------

*+*MaRiA*+*

OK, call me nuts here, but I'd actually be HAPPY if they postponed the tour...

I have a conflict between the chicago show and a concert that I have to perform here at school, so if they did postpone it, my life would be a LOT easier and happier.
biggrin.gif
I would be overjoyed, actually... not that I don't want to see them desperately, I do, but you all understand my dillemma... when it comes between U2 and my concert, I have no choice but to choose my concert and I wouldn't be able to go.
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

------------------
"From an artist's point of view, failure is where you get your best material." -Bono

My feeble attempt at a website:
Rattle And Hum

yes I am registered at u2.com, but the last time it was simply impossible to even access the site, no one I know who is registered could buy his tickets with the net... anyway I'll try again this time, hopefully it'll work!

------------------
"The goal is elevation"

Originally posted by Naya:
I wouldn't mind if the tour was canceled. I don't think that its the time to travel around the US right now. It seems to dangerous...

Know what you mean. Was going to travel over from the UK as I want to see them again more than anything.... but this is just one of the things holding me back.

Hope all of you in the US are OK - if it's any consolation I don't think Bin Laden's too keen on London either...
eek.gif

Originally posted by Bonoforever:
Hope all of you in the US are OK - if it's any consolation I don't think Bin Laden's too keen on London either...
eek.gif

that man does not seem to be keen on ANYONE, i just don't understand that...how can one be so full of hate!
frown.gif

------------------
J33 - 3->

*+*MaRiA*+*

My two cents about U2 cancelling this leg, rather a love-hate situation:

• I would be crushed.
  • I would be miserable.
  • I would be very very sad indeed.
  • I would wonder if they will ever tour again and would I get to see them???

But in light of this past week's events:

• It might be somewhat appropriate.
  • IT WOULD TAKE A LOAD OFF MY MIND!!!
  • My pocketbook would stop its infernal screaming as I ckeep trying to squeeze out every last dime for this damn tour! It would save me a LOT of money.
  • I could actually go back to getting a decent night's sleep again
  • I might actually be able to buy Christimas prezzies for my family. Right now, they're not getting anything if I'm going to U2!!!
    frown.gif

I want to see them, but right now, I could seriously go either way. <shrug>

Disco

I did see your other thread....best of luck at the show, there is nothing like a U2 show!! It is Unforgettable!!!

*siiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh* Bono knows the balance of my LIFE depends on this. He won't let me down!

------------------
~*Mona*~

that man does not seem to be keen on ANYONE, i just don't understand that...how can one be so full of hate!
frown.gif

I know. Just don't want to think what he's going to do next - when they raided his stuff they found plans for blowing up the London Underground, not to mention assasinating the Pope!
mad.gif

From a totally objective perspective, I believe it is extremely difficult to cancel a tour of this magnitude.

First of all, when one books an arena of such a size, there are immense costs. Secondly, the crew has probably signed new contracts. Thirdly, the band itself may be contractually obligated to the promoter to deliver the shows they are scheduled to perform.

For all those reasons, I don't think this tour will be cancelled, or postponed. Now, if things radically change within the next week or so (say a full-blown military affair), then we'll be playing a whole new ball game.

Back
Top Bottom