What do U2 fans listen to?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
erised said:

Same one! :D

He's done several independent albums, and just got done touring with Marc Anthony.

You should check him out the next time he does a hometown gig... my sis and I always go. :yes:

His music is sooooooo much better than his MMC counterparts (ie. Britney, NSync, etc.)

Is he still going out with Keri Russell? I saw her on Letterman or something like that I don't remember when and she said they'd been dating since MMC...

wertsie said:

Is he still going out with Keri Russell? I saw her on Letterman or something like that I don't remember when and she said they'd been dating since MMC...

No, not anymore. I think she really broke his heart... you only have to listen to his songs to know it. :(

Other bands I listen to - in no particular order

Red Hot Chili Peppers
Green Day
A
Ozzy
INXS
Counting Crows
Doves
The Hives
Idlewild
Coldplay
James
David Bowie
Foo Fighters
JJ72
Ryan Adams

Plus a few others....

wertsie said:

:sad: Aw...Poor Tony...:sad:

yeah, he's really a nice guy. my sis has followed him since the MMC days, and he greets her by name when he sees her at the gigs and treats her more like a friend than a fan. I've met him many times as well and have even gotten several hugs. :cute: So I really hope he gets the musical recognition he deserves someday... he's a real nice guy, no big ego at all.

erised said:

yeah, he's really a nice guy. my sis has followed him since the MMC days, and he greets her by name when he sees her at the gigs and treats her more like a friend than a fan. I've met him many times as well and have even gotten several hugs. :cute: So I really hope he gets the musical recognition he deserves someday... he's a real nice guy, no big ego at all.

I read that he's from Pontiac. That's so cool. I never knew that before!

wertsie said:

I read that he's from Pontiac. That's so cool. I never knew that before!

Yeah, Waterford, actually. Back when I was in college, I was taking this journalism class and me and a friend who was also in the same class practiced our *investigative* skills by driving out to Waterford and looking him up (this was while he was still on MMC, my friend was absolutely in love with him)... we went to his grade/high school (I can't remember which) and talked to some of his teachers, and looked in the library at the yearbooks, etc. We ended up finding out from someone, can't remember who, where he lived... and we drove by the house and ended up talking to his mom for about 10 minutes or so. He wasn't there cuz he was in FL doing MMC but we later laughed at the whole thing...we couldn't believe we were actually able to find his home! *no, I don't have stalking tendencies :shifty:*

Anyway, it's scary now to think back about that and how easy it was to find his house. :yes:

He plays small gigs in Michigan quite a bit... I'll let you know when the next one is. :D

I'll bite...

Bad Religion
Hole
Bob Dylan
Rev. Horton Heat
Babes In Toyland
Pixies
Juliana Hatfield
Ramones
Iggy Pop/Stooges
Rage Against the Machine

and any rock from the 50's-60's ; typical stuff - Beatles, Stones, Jerry Lee, etc. etc.

erised said:

Yeah, Waterford, actually. Back when I was in college, I was taking this journalism class and me and a friend who was also in the same class practiced our *investigative* skills by driving out to Waterford and looking him up (this was while he was still on MMC, my friend was absolutely in love with him)... we went to his grade/high school (I can't remember which) and talked to some of his teachers, and looked in the library at the yearbooks, etc. We ended up finding out from someone, can't remember who, where he lived... and we drove by the house and ended up talking to his mom for about 10 minutes or so. He wasn't there cuz he was in FL doing MMC but we later laughed at the whole thing...we couldn't believe we were actually able to find his home! *no, I don't have stalking tendencies :shifty:*

Anyway, it's scary now to think back about that and how easy it was to find his house. :yes:

He plays small gigs in Michigan quite a bit... I'll let you know when the next one is. :D

Wow! I can't believe you did all that stuff! Impressive! :happy: :lol:

So...What kind of music does he do anyway?

wertsie said:

Wow! I can't believe you did all that stuff! Impressive! :happy: :lol:

So...What kind of music does he do anyway?

:scratch: Um, I'm not sure how to describe it.

I think you can d/l some of his songs here:

http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/37/tony_lucca.html

Some of his lyrics just make me melt... like on "Honestly For You." I wish I had a guy wrote songs like that about ME!!!! :yes:

meh...that was a weird list. ok, some of the things lurking about in my cd player are:

Seven Nations
Young Dubliners
Gaelic Storm
Bob Dylan
Indigo Girls
Poi Dog Pondering
The Alarm
The White Stripes
The Strokes
Nina Simone
Beethoven
Ray Charles
Johnny Cash
Rosemary Clooney
Etta James
John Lee Hooker
Massive Attack
Metallica
Jeff Buckley
Portishead
Marvin Gaye
Enya
R. Carlos Nakai
Violent Femmes

OK these are mine in no particular order
My favoritees:
Police
Bowie
REm
Aerosmith
Led Zepplin
Earth Wind Fire - yes I love R&B fromthe 70's
Bob Segar
Maybe Tracy Chaplin
Madonna - allright I'm a dancin Ho
I love teh remixes also - :rolleyes:

then the new:
POD
Trying to like the Vines

ok flame me: Nickelback, Lifehouse cause of my son.

P.S. if you have a son it's hard not to like Arms Wide Open cause it made me cry. Please don't beat me too hard. lol

I wonder how they came up with that list. Some of the bands made sense and some really didn't. ????

Here are a few of the bands I like besides U2:

Doves
Elbow
Radiohead
Better Than Ezra
INXS
Neil Young
Steely Dan
Dire Straits
Police
Supertramp
Garbage