What did you want to be when you grew up?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, I am only 15...

but I really have no idea what I want to do with my life. It scares me sometimes, because so many people know already. Or think they know.
I have always and still would love to be famous :reject: I'm so shy, but I always think about marrying someone talented, famous, and gorgeous like Ali and Bono *sigh* but those dreams probably won't come true! I would also love to be a model but I'm too short (5'4")

It may sound shallow, but I honestly would love to just be a "housewife". I hate that term. But I would love to stay home and take care of my kids, or whatever. Of course, I am going to go to college (and I can't wait-I'm going into 11th grade..hopefully Boston U or NYU) but I have no clue what I will major in. I have always been very interested in photography though-I love taking pictures. I would love to be a photographer like Annie Leibovitz or Anton Corbijn. Who knows...

I've wanted to be several things, mostly a writer and a librarian.

I've been a writer off and on since my early 20s. I now work as an editorial assistant/administrative assistant for a business magazine.

Next month, after four long years of going to school part-time and working full-time, I will have finally finished my masters degree in library science. So now, in my early 40s, I am about to become a librarian, as I imagined myself doing as a child. (And as my recently deceased father always saw me doing.)

I still dream of doing other things: Writing novels, keeping a popular blog, and becoming an activist for a cause I believe in. And finally finding someone to love.

Janis Joplin (it was either her or Robert Plant). :reject: Blame it on my parents for raising me with r&r!!
But without alcohol and drugs of course.:wink:

At a time I also wanted to be an archeologist but found out there weren't many jobs in here..:|

I confess the R&R dream is still alive somewhere inside here, still hoping to start learning the bass one day (bassists are cool!). I wouldn't mind singing as well lol.
I studied opera singing and alto sax for years, but never professionally.

And now I'm a student in English, history and literature basically, and I'm still figuring out what to do in September.:|

I always wanted to be a photographer for National Geographic. The thought of traveling and adventure always appealed to me even as a small child. When I was a teen, I had my own darkroom and had plans to go to university for a degree in art. But then love came knocking and I got married. And as luck would have it, got pregnant on my honeymoon! ( i promise...wasn't a shotgun wedding! :giggle: ) I still have a lot of photo equip. but I rarely get out to shoot these days.

Growing up I always wanted to a be a pediatrics nurse or a baby nurse. Went to a vocational high school though and ended up graduating with a technical diploma in criminal justice. Dreamed of being an special agent for the FBI in the behavioral science unit as a criminal profiler. To put it simply what Clarice was in "Silence of the Lambs",lol. Had the dream too of being a criminal prosecutor and not to brag but Im a brain when it comes to the law. Now though Im working as a freelance writer and to be truthful writing has always been my first love even when I was younger. That dream of someday writing that big novel or publishing a book of my poetry is still burning brightly in my mind. Always keep a hold of your dreams even if they do seem unrealistic as you get older. What you love is never really that far out of reach you just have to stretch for it a bit more :). Good luck to all of you!

Wow Plebans are really interesting people! It's great to see what we all had or still have in mind.
I'd often dreamt of being a writer as well, I hope it'll work for you BonosBaby12! :)

Back
Top Bottom