What did you have signed?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OceanGirl

The Fly
Hi,

I hope this is the right forum to put this in.

For those of you who have met U2 members and asked for autographs, what (item) did you get them to sign for you??

Just something I am always curious to know when I see pics of U2 giving autographs!

I had Bono, Edge and Adam sign the final Propaganda (the only one I ever received). I also have a flower Bono drew on an index card and Bono drew me on an index card as well. Gavin Friday signed my "Peter and The Wolf" exhibit program and I'd love to get Bono's signature in it as well.

I had....

Bono, Edge and Adam sign the postcards that came with the Best Of vhs - Bono signed two without me even asking!

Edge sign an Ace playing card I had once.

Bono, Edge, Larry and Adam all sign my Party Girl sign. :D

OK, My sister and I have the following signed by band members...

Bono - a 10/8 picture of him from the ABOY video shoot and the cover of the ATYCLB album - he crossed out the "All" and wrote "Bono" so it now says "Bono that you can't leave behind"

Adam - a 10/8 picture of the band and the cover of Autung Baby!

Lisa

I got Bono and the Edge to sign this 8x10 Print of a photo shot by our beloved "Otto"...Still need to get it framed... :|

Here it is!:drool:

Autograph2002.jpg

lisa2004 said:
OK, My sister and I have the following signed by band members...

Bono - a 10/8 picture of him from the ABOY video shoot and the cover of the ATYCLB album - he crossed out the "All" and wrote "Bono" so it now says "Bono that you can't leave behind"Lisa
:cute: Love, love, love that man :heart:
Amy that is an awesome pic with autographs too! :applaud:

I have nothing signed :sad: Was never much into autographs, but I was considering making an 8 X 10 of my pics with Bono. It's been 3 months, still haven't gotten around to doing so though. :sigh:

I didn't ask but he wrote on both of my arms, okay I started it. He wrote a list of books to read and he signed my pants. Oh, and he signed a picture that I gave to my sister. It says "First Poland and then the world."

I've had Bono sign a picture of him & he drew a picture on the back, He signed my Details magazine when he was on the cover, and he wrote "Happy Birthday Heather" on the back of my ticket stub from his NY Times interview :love: and Bono and Adam both signed my Propaganda book :)

heatherU22.jpg

I got a setlist from Toronto September 17th signed by Edge, sadly i never managed to get Bono, Adam or Larry to sign it, but Edge signed it on my 22nd birthdya in Chicago on 21 September :wink: :drool: :drool:

when i get some batterys in my digital camera i will post a pic
:wink:

Bono signed my U2 ipod and included his self portrait, Peter & The Wolf Book (Gavin also signed), Best of CD, Psalm 40, Red Panties with Bono's Picture on the front (he wrote Hot Stuff), Program from Bono's speaking engagement at University of Pennsylvania. I have a straw cowboy hat signed by all the band members, Q magazine signed by Larry, U2 ipod Insert Poster signed by Larry and Adam. Very Happy to live near New York! Also have U2 & I signed by Anton.

Nothing yet. I've met Larry once and Bono 3 times and each time, I couldn't think of anything unique to get signed. I'm glad I didn't bring anything, b/c I'm more content w/ the pictures, handshakes, eye contact, and the chance to say "thanks" w/o fumbling w/ pens and papers. If I had something signed, I probably would've lost or destroyed it anyway!

Back in March of 2005 a few days before the tour started, the boys were in La for a dress rehearsal show. Well I went to the La Sports Arena around 7pm and waited until about 2:30 am. Adam came out and signed the cd cover of October and he was sooooooo sweet. Then Edge came out and signed the same cover. Bono comes out in the SUV and says that he has had a tough day and that he was exhausted, then he said he would come out the next night. So the night of the rehearsal I cam eback no tknowing that they let everyone who was outside in to see the show. I was so upset and sad. So I decided to wait until 1:30am and Bono kept his promise and came ou to about 20 of us. They had us line against the side walk in a line. He started on the right side of me and came down the line. I stated to freak inside and told mysel fto keep my cool. thank God it was cold out so no one could notice my knees shaking. He came up and signed an old program from the JT tour and wrote One , two , tree Bono. It was so cute. And then I had a pic of him and Sting together from back during Amnesty in 86. He drew glasses on Sting and a smile and then wrote Bono on it. I also had a postcard of back during Boy and all three guy signed, which a gave to friend. And we took a pic together and he put his arm around my shoulders and a guy took a pic of us together. I don't remember feeling his arm around me at all. I didnt smell any cologne but there wasn't anything bad. It happened so fast... I am taking my Bono in conversation to Hawaii with me. I hope and pray..... :)

I had t-shirts signed by Bono from 2 organizations in Africa that my students worked for as interns--they were sooo happy to get them. I've never really been interested in getting anything else signed; I'm not much of a collecter, I guess :shrug:

love reading all your stories!

HPIM1501.jpg

HPIM0720.jpg

on a side note- I went to NAMM in Anaheim this weekend...tons of rockers were there doing autograph signings and appearances- got to meet and get stuff signed from John Taylor, Nikki Sixx, Velvet Revolver, and tons more...some uninformed person kept insisting Bono was there- completely untrue...

I have the 12" vinyl of Even better than the real thing signed by Bono&Larry, the poster which came with it signed by Bono&Edge, Zoo Tv programme signed by all of the band and Zoo Tv ticket signed by Bono TWICE!!!!

The first time I met Bono in Dublin in May 2004 he signed both my Peter and the Wolf books, including his self-portrait (both Gavin and Maurice had already signed them) so I now have 2 copies with all 3 signatures!

On a previous visit to the studios when unfortunately the band weren't there my husband had taken a photo of myself and my 2 little girls sat on the bench outside and put at the bottom "We still haven't found what we are looking for" and Bono signed this with "I have now ... Bono!". He also signed the photo that was in the Irish Times of my 2 daughters at the opening of the Peter and the Wolf exhibition and wrote "I love Kirsty and Sophie, Bono".

But the best of all was last June when I met him in London, he signed my photo bag (which was a photo I had taken at the previous meeting) with "The Bag ... Bono" and then drew sunglasses on my face! When I shrieked "what are you doing to my bag?" he answered with a big grin "I am turning you into me!!".

This bag was then shown on Live 8 in London towards the end of Vertigo when I was at the front of the Gold Circle and I held it over my head! It is quite famous now! You can see it on my website u2chat.com.

Back
Top Bottom