What did you have signed?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BonosCamerawoma said:
Those are the same glasses he drew on my face on my bag!

I just checked out your site and the famous bag... very nice!

I want to bring something unique to the next event :hmm: I've had an Elevation San Jose stub signed, a picture of Bono & I on stage, a charcoal drawing I did of Edge and a Bono painting. I cherish the Bono painting most as he drew a cigar in his mouth + a champagne glass. Pretty cool.

It's so interesting to see the variety of things people have had signed! :)

I had my book "Another Time Another Place" signed by Bono in two spots, Pompart tickets signed outside of Wembley in London by Edge and Larry, an Elevation ticket stub signed by Edge in Toronto, and an 8x10 of Bono and me on stage signed by Bono in DC. He wrote "Thanks for the Dance" but it's pretty illegible. :shrug:

Hi Mrs Edge!! Isn't great about U2 winning 5 Grammys?!? I just remembered when I read your post, that when I met Adam in Helsinki 1997 (How did you like the photos I sent you?) he autographed, just under, a picture of himself in my 'U2 Live a concert documentary' book by Pimm Jal de la Parra. For anyone who has the book it's the picture on page 165!:cute:

Hi Helen!

Yes, it's awesome about the Grammys. :up: I ADORED the pics you sent, hopefully you got my letter (I think I sent it with my Xmas card?) Anyway, they were great! :yes:

Yes! Thanks for the Christmas card and letter, although I seemed to have missed placed both of them, along with all the Christmas cards and letters that I received from my pen pals last Christmas, at the moment!?!:reject: But as I told you in one of my e-mails, I was ill right after the new year and in a feverish haze tidied all my Christmas stuff away!?! :wink: I'll write again soon!:D

BonosCamerawoma said:
The first time I met Bono in Dublin in May 2004 he signed both my Peter and the Wolf books, including his self-portrait (both Gavin and Maurice had already signed them) so I now have 2 copies with all 3 signatures!

On a previous visit to the studios when unfortunately the band weren't there my husband had taken a photo of myself and my 2 little girls sat on the bench outside and put at the bottom "We still haven't found what we are looking for" and Bono signed this with "I have now ... Bono!". He also signed the photo that was in the Irish Times of my 2 daughters at the opening of the Peter and the Wolf exhibition and wrote "I love Kirsty and Sophie, Bono".

But the best of all was last June when I met him in London, he signed my photo bag (which was a photo I had taken at the previous meeting) with "The Bag ... Bono" and then drew sunglasses on my face! When I shrieked "what are you doing to my bag?" he answered with a big grin "I am turning you into me!!".

This bag was then shown on Live 8 in London towards the end of Vertigo when I was at the front of the Gold Circle and I held it over my head! It is quite famous now! You can see it on my website u2chat.com.

OMG! I know it was ages ago but, WOW, you were the one with that bag! I was atLive 8 too! I look watch that DVD very often and I always notice that person and its you! Wow! Congratulations to you and everyone here who's met anyone from U2!

when I went to see them in Seattle I took my HTDAAB book with me for just this purpose, but then when we went to try to meet them I didn't think it would really happen so I left the book in the car. Doh!
I did have my ticket stub from the concert the night before in my purse, though, so Bono and Edge both signed it.

what did you have signed?

Bono was cool enough to sign my Glitter Gretsch guitar,my Peter and The Wolf Book,HTDAAB on Vinyl, my stub from a show in NJ and a program from the World Affairs Council in PA.The whole band signed my Gloria Single ,Larry signed my Pride single.Not too shabby,all amazing meetings...never a dull moment!

Excellent! :applaud:

Yes, they're brilliant at signing stuff aren't they? Especially Bono :bow: :combust:

Stuff signed...

They are some classy guys! They really make you feel special.No matter what event they are running late for,it seems the fans come first.Bono is fun to watch greeting the fans.Sometimes he gets so involved,he doesnt watch for cars when he crosses the street!He is a real trip!I Love NY!

hcbiggs2002 said:
Hi Mrs Edge!! Isn't great about U2 winning 5 Grammys?!? I just remembered when I read your post, that when I met Adam in Helsinki 1997 (How did you like the photos I sent you?) he autographed, just under, a picture of himself in my 'U2 Live a concert documentary' book by Pimm Jal de la Parra. For anyone who has the book it's the picture on page 165!:cute:

I've finally been able to scan the page of the above that has Adams autograph...

adamsautograph19971dc.jpg

:wink:

one4u2 said:
I've had Bono sign a picture of him & he drew a picture on the back, He signed my Details magazine when he was on the cover, and he wrote "Happy Birthday Heather" on the back of my ticket stub from his NY Times interview :love: and Bono and Adam both signed my Propaganda book :)

heatherU22.jpg
Wow! That looks a lot like what's on the back of my picture
dancinggirl.jpg

This is the front. I got it signed outside of MSG in the freeeeezing cold. I spelled my fricking name wrong to him because my brains were so scrambled. So if you can decipher my name on the back it says "Tera" in reality it's "Tara" :rolleyes: Who can think when the man kisses you? :crazy:
dancinggirl2.jpg

I'm in a reminiscing mood tonight...

This is from Bono, on the back of a Zooropa postcard (only thing I felt secure about bringing with me, was afraid my records/CD would get messed up in my luggage so I didn't bring those), from the first time I ever met him (also met him on two subsequent days that trip!)- this was from 10/1/96 outside of the studio in Dublin:

BonoAutograph96.jpg

This one is from Edge - a small group of us were waiting outside their New York hotel in the wee hours of June 1, 1997 after their Giants Stadium show, waiting for them to return (this was like at 4AM) - I obviously wasn't prepared as you can see from the notepad paper :wink: :

EdgeAutograph.jpg

This last one is when I met and got all four bandmembers in one night! This was the night *before* the Irving Plaza gig in December 2000, I went down on the off chance that they'd be rehearsing...I was right. :D And prepared this time...:

ATYCLBAutographed.jpg

Back
Top Bottom