What Did Edge Say About Owls?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't know very well, but he said something about owl post I think, during ZooTv or similar, because he had read something and was apparently fascinated by it. :lol: I'm not sure that's the precise story but something similar at least :D

It went like this:

Edge: I love B.B.C., I mean where else would you - I mean on the World Service there last week I was listening to an hour long programme on owl droppings. I mean where else would you hear that! (laughter)

MG: You and Terry Waite both love the World Service. Last time you were here Bono, you said you'd like to do a session -

Bono: Owl droppings? Hold on a second, I'd just like to get in to this. Owl droppings?

Edge: It was an on the spot report on the tawny owl. (laughter) I kid you not, it was brilliant. I was riveted.

Bono: What is the story on the owl?

Edge: Um.....the furry vole, that seemed to be his major diet. They were going through the whole thing, it was brilliant. Now you'd never ever get that on a commercial station, let's be honest. Would you?

Full interview here. :wink:

I will have to get my ZOO TV out & watch--I do remember that. We have owls in our woods--they say seeing an owl in the day time is some kind of omen--not sure what though?

I love the bit that comes just after, as Edge is sitting outside.

Owl/someone else(I wonder who) - WHOO HOO HOOOOOOOOOO

Edge - That'll be the BARD owl.

Ellay said:
I love the bit that comes just after, as Edge is sitting outside.

Owl/someone else(I wonder who) - WHOO HOO HOOOOOOOOOO

Edge - That'll be the BARD owl.

:yes: love that moment :cute:

344%3B594723232%7Ffp3%3B%3Dot%3E2327%3D783%3D89%3C%3Dxroqdf%3E2323435%3A73%3B%3A6ot1lsi

Owls kickass! :wink:
BonosDoll> Seeing an owl during the daytime is a bad omen..it means someone is going to die. (according to Native Americans)
That interview was great, thanks for the link!

Badgrrl77 said:
BonosDoll> Seeing an owl during the daytime is a bad omen..it means someone is going to die. (according to Native Americans)
:yikes: One swooped me in my backyard the other day...... It was kinda creepy, but still so very cool.

Badgrrl77 said:
Owls kickass! :wink:
That interview was great, thanks for the link!
That's been a while so hopefully the omen has passed. They are very neat creatures---the one I saw stood about 2 ft tall perched up in a pine tree & he had those big tufts on his head like furry ears. He was quite beautiful. Our neighbor had a cat snatched by an owl. :ohmy:

There is this crow also in our woods that makes a sound like the creature in the movie Predator. Creeps me out when I'm walking in the evening. My little doggie doesn't like him either.

Back
Top Bottom