What comes to mind?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
*Snort*..."aware of my fertility as a woman"...I love that! :D.

Dismantled said:
he he he.....Other men! you mean there are other MEN than bono in this world!!!:drool:

LOL, hard to believe, isn't it (oh, but what a happy girl I would be if I were surrounded by every single guy I like, Bono included :drool: :combust: :shifty:...yeah, now that's the stuff dreams are made of)?

Angela

Moonlit_Angel said:

:giggle: Thank you!

Here's another description - and I do not want to be too fresh - it is something that was said to me, so I am not responsible for it! (Though I admit I agree totally with it :cute: )

I was in high school in 1988 with a girl named Kathy, she was a huge U2 fan too, and quite fond of the lovely Bono.

So we had to take this "health class" (read "Catholic school version of Sex-Ed") and it was all about how to NOT have babies and how to NOT be fertile - but ya know it was sex-ed so there was talk of biology and eggs and all that.

So we were sitting in class one day, and Sr Nora (yes, a nun taught our sex-ed class!!!!! She was also like 4'11" and kind of looked like a smurf, but I digress) was teaching...

...and Kathy turned to me and said - and she was referencing the Wide Awake in America version of A Sort of Homecoming -
"when Bono whispers 'sing it, oh sing it' at the end of that song, I definitely release eggs!"

Oh my God! I had such a major coughing fit trying to to bust out laughing! I mean I TOTALLY agree with her...oh my Lord in heaven , that whisper of his is lethal! :combust:

But it was so funny how she said it so matter of factly, and being there in class with the nun teaching and all. I could not pull myself together afterward!!:lmao:

She was so right! Truer words may never have been spoken!!!!!

Was that too fresh to say? Do I need to hide in the little box now? :reject:

Last edited:
HowthGirl said:

You're welcome :).

Originally posted by HowthGirl
Here's another description - and I do not want to be too fresh - it is something that was said to me, so I am not responsible for it! (Though I admit I agree totally with it :cute: )

I was in high school in 1988 with a girl named Kathy, she was a huge U2 fan too, and quite fond of the lovely Bono.

So we had to take this "health class" (read "Catholic school version of Sex-Ed") and it was all about how to NOT have babies and how to NOT be fertile - but ya know it was sex-ed so there was talk of biology and eggs and all that.

So we were sitting in class one day, and Sr Nora (yes, a nun taught our sex-ed class!!!!! She was also like 4'11" and kind of looked like a smurf, but I digress) was teaching...

...and Kathy turned to me and said - and she was referencing the Wide Awake in America version of A Sort of Homecoming -
"when Bono whispers 'sing it, oh sing it' at the end of that song, I definitely release eggs!"

Oh my God! I had such a major coughing fit trying to to bust out laughing! I mean I TOTALLY agree with her...oh my Lord in heaven , that whisper of his is lethal! :combust:

But it was so funny how she said it so matter of factly, and being there in class with the nun teaching and all. I could not pull myself together afterward!!:lmao:

:lmao:...that's a great story! Of all places to say that...I'd have had a hard time keeping from cracking up, too (gee, sounds like a real fun sex ed class you had going there, too...basically they were saying, "Be a nun like me!". Yeah, that's gonna go over well with a bunch of hormonal teens...anywho...).

Oh, my...that's funny.

Hehehe...

LOL, well, seeing as I'm not a moderator, I personally don't care...I don't see that as "too fresh", especially considering some of the other things I've heard girls say before. I don't know how the mods would take it-I don't think they'd mind too much, but who knows-but yeah, it personally doesn't bother me. I find it pretty amusing, as you can tell.

Angela

HowthGirl said:
Moonlit_Angel said:

Ohhhhh That brings back so many memories!!! i went to an all girl covent school and me and my friens each had a fantasy diary. needless to say Bono was my man and we wrote about what we got up to:ohmy:

Well one day in English i was updating my :censored: diary when my teacher came and took it away. It was the most frightening experience of my life. I prayed that she didn't open and read it or even worse read it to the class. I wrote things using a very fertile imagination and had visions of being expelled:huh:

WildHoney said:

Ohhhhh That brings back so many memories!!! i went to an all girl covent school and me and my friens each had a fantasy diary. needless to say Bono was my man and we wrote about what we got up to:ohmy:

Well one day in English i was updating my :censored: diary when my teacher came and took it away. It was the most frightening experience of my life. I prayed that she didn't open and read it or even worse read it to the class. I wrote things using a very fertile imagination and had visions of being expelled:huh:

Now, I am shocked! Catholic school girls :angel: having naughty lustful Bono fantasies???? I can't believe it!

No good Catholic high school girl would ever think such things...

:macdevil: HeeHeeHee!

By the way, I may speak for all of us PLEBA gals when I say - if you want to share that diary, feel free! :yes:

HowthGirl said:

Now, I am shocked! Catholic school girls :angel: having naughty lustful Bono fantasies???? I can't believe it!

No good Catholic high school girl would ever think such things...

:macdevil: HeeHeeHee!

By the way, I may speak for all of us PLEBA gals when I say - if you want to share that diary, feel free! :yes:

God knows where it is now but i'm sure i can start a new one :hmm:

A few years later i found how how corrct my imagination was. Scary thought.... I'll have to watch out if i have a daughter

Moonlit_Angel said:

You're welcome :).

:lmao:...that's a great story! Of all places to say that...I'd have had a hard time keeping from cracking up, too (gee, sounds like a real fun sex ed class you had going there, too...basically they were saying, "Be a nun like me!". Yeah, that's gonna go over well with a bunch of hormonal teens...anywho...).

Oh, my...that's funny.

Hehehe...

LOL, well, seeing as I'm not a moderator, I personally don't care...I don't see that as "too fresh", especially considering some of the other things I've heard girls say before. I don't know how the mods would take it-I don't think they'd mind too much, but who knows-but yeah, it personally doesn't bother me. I find it pretty amusing, as you can tell.

Angela

Thanks Angela!

Yes, a nun teaching sex-ed struck us all as pretty funny, too. Worse - she was from CORA and she was Sr. Nora...so she was Sr Nora from CORA and she was 4'11" and wore all blue so she looked like a smurf! :lmao:

But back to the lovely Bono...ah! Bono! :drool: :drool: :drool:

WildHoney...yeesh, getting a journal taken away is not a good experience...I remember back when I was in 9th grade, I had finished my work in my social studies class early, so I was just sitting there, writing in my journal...nothing major, just talking about how bored I was and other various things happening that day.

Well, my teacher happened by and saw me writing in my journal-he didn't know I'd finished my work for the day and thought I was goofing off instead of working on whatever it was we were supposed to be working on. He asked me to bring my journal with me into the hallway, and he read it out in the hall. I was actually pretty pissed off about that...I'd never caused him any trouble in that class, I got good grades, and turned in my homework and everything, so why he suddenly felt so suspicious of me, I don't understand...but once he found out nothing bad was in it, he just let me off with a warning. At least I didn't have anything in my journal like what you had in yours-man, imagine a guy teacher reading that kind of stuff...that would've probably mortified me. But I take it since you didn't mention actually getting in trouble that you didn't get punished for having that there?

HowthGirl said:
Thanks Angela!

No problem :).

Yes, a nun teaching sex-ed struck us all as pretty funny, too. Worse - she was from CORA and she was Sr. Nora...so she was Sr Nora from CORA and she was 4'11" and wore all blue so she looked like a smurf! :lmao:

Hahahaha, nice...

Ah, school memories...

But back to the lovely Bono...ah! Bono! :drool: :drool: :drool:

Yes, back to lovely, "wholesome" :angel: talk about Bono...;) :p.

Angela

HA HA HA.....the health class thing was sooo funny!!!

But whenever he starts to whisper or breath heavy.....look out!! I love when he whispers "Here she comes" in EBTTRT......that totally totally sends my hottest meter into orbit!! I can feel my face flush red and my temp goes up.

he he he...in the new album there is a certain song where there is alot of breathing..I cannot remember which one. Anyway when I first got the album my bf and I were in a friends car listening to it. Our friend is a totally straight guy...loves u2 and everything. So that song came on and after the breathing part I was like:ohmy: in the back of the car and he was up front and said "holy shit! I think I have to go take a cold shower" ......he is so straight but was so turned on by bono......:lmao:

Dismantled said:
HA HA HA.....the health class thing was sooo funny!!!

But whenever he starts to whisper or breath heavy.....look out!! I love when he whispers "Here she comes" in EBTTRT......that totally totally sends my hottest meter into orbit!! I can feel my face flush red and my temp goes up.

he he he...in the new album there is a certain song where there is alot of breathing..I cannot remember which one. Anyway when I first got the album my bf and I were in a friends car listening to it. Our friend is a totally straight guy...loves u2 and everything. So that song came on and after the breathing part I was like:ohmy: in the back of the car and he was up front and said "holy shit! I think I have to go take a cold shower" ......he is so straight but was so turned on by bono......:lmao:

OOOOOH! I am right there with you (and your straight guy friend!) - Bono breathing heavy and whispering - HELLO!

The thing that was so awesome about what that girl in my health class said to me is that she was saying EXACTLY what I thought...she just was brave enough to say it first!!!!!

My memories of first realizing I HAD hormones at age 13 was listening to Bono whisper 'Sing it, oh sing it" at the end of Bad on Wide Awake in America...Oh, just thinking about it now my hormones are working overtime!!!!!!!!!!

And yes, I hear ya about the "here she comes" in EBTTRT!!!!!

I am now trying to think of the breathing heavy one from HTDAAB...(runs to listen to CD!)

(BTW - I wrongly said it was "A Sort of Homecoming" in my earlier post. Whoops! Sorry - It is actually "Bad)

elevation_bono4.jpg

:evil:

HowthGirl said:
The thing that was so awesome about what that girl in my health class said to me is that she was saying EXACTLY what I thought...she just was brave enough to say it first!!!!!

See, I think that's one reason I like this place so much-everybody else here says what I'm thinking, but don't say. I'm not really one to say things like that out loud...I'll think them, sure, but I won't actually say them-that's just not my way of doing things. I might hint that I like this or that, but I don't come right out and express every last thought I have regarding this stuff. But I don't care a bit if others say what's on their mind in regards to this stuff...chances are, depending on what it is they say, I might agree, so...

My memories of first realizing I HAD hormones at age 13 was listening to Bono whisper 'Sing it, oh sing it" at the end of Bad on Wide Awake in America...Oh, just thinking about it now my hormones are working overtime!!!!!!!!!!

If we're talking musically speaking, one of my biggest memories in regards to hearing a song that gave me that kind of a reaction was hearing "Do You Feel Loved?" for the first time. I was reading the lyrics, and that whole verse that goes, "With my fingers as you want them, with my nails under your hide, with my teeth at your back, and my tongue to tell you the sweetest lies"...just the way he was singing it, and the image that was being projected there...yeah... That one still gets at me.

As far as heavy breathing moments...what about the end of "Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me"? Every time I hear that, I'm like, "Having fun there, Bono?" It's even more interesting to hear that in headphones.

Also, LOL to the story that was shared about the guy who got all turned on by hearing Bono sing...how many straight guys will be willing to admit to that kind of a reaction? :p. That's pretty cool.

Angela

Last edited:
That picture is the wallpaper on my computer at work. :wink: Almost makes me happy to turn on the old office equipment.

U2kitten, where is the picture that you use for your signature? It almost looks like an area in Virginia near where my mother's people live.

One of these days, I hope to have to time to learn how to post pictures!

Back
Top Bottom