What chance does u2 have for winning a Golden Globe/Oscar?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It really depends on whether or not Madonna and/or Eminem are too controversial to get Golden Globes or Oscars. There are probably voters who wouldn't vote for either one. The question is, how many? We'll see.........ah, competitions, competitions......:hyper: :hyper: :hmm:

I was going to post something that had to do with this thread but I got distracted....................

the Mr. Peepers guy just did Bono on SNL!!!
AHHAHAHAHAH!!!!!
BWAHAHAHAHH!!!
It was Donatella Versace Oscar Party!
hahahahahahahahahahha :laugh:
:bono: :hug: :heart:

Last edited:
I think they have a great chance - I know Em's song has been popular but I have faith that they will make the right choice and give the awards to the best band in the world :yes:

Just ran across this at u2.com --> :hyper:

'The Hands That Built America' was nominated for a Golden Globe today.

The song, written at the invitation of Martin Scorsese as the theme song to 'Gangs Of New York' was nominated in the Best Song category. Director Scorsese also received a nomination for Best Director.

'The surprise was to be able to move from 1846 to 2001 in one song,' explained Bono. 'Thanks to Marty's spectacular time-lapse in the ending of Gangs, we could do that and stay true to the faces of the past and the present... faces familiar to our own, the Irish in America.'

'This is a great honour,' added Paul McGuinness, 'It's great to be associated with such a wonderful film.'

Edge and Bono attended the premiere of the film in New York last week and performed the song at the reception. See our earlier story.

Also nominated in the Best Song category are:
Die Another Day (Madonna)
Wild Thornberries
Spirit, Stallion of the Cimarron
Lose Yourself (Eminem), 8 Mile

Gangs of New York, which is now on general release in the US, opens in Europe in January.

I'm clueless........are they having that show tonight? I was at a chat.........the show biz news is a bit slow today. Just heard about Maurice Gibb's death. I was not a big fan, but how unfortunate anyway, he was only 53.:sad: :sad:

Back
Top Bottom