What Are You Looking For 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

starsgoblue

Blue Crack Addict
(The boys are coming soon...I promise :wink: )

Kay sat on the edge of her chair, her arms crossed and her mouth drawn in a hard line. There was no use in trying to hide her irritation and she wasn't going to.

"Jamie I have been looking forward to this for months. It's my birthday too...do you really expect me to go alone to the show?"

Jamie returned into the room, stopping to lean into the vanity mirror behind Kay and adjust his tie.

"Come on, Kay. Don't do this to me. "

"Do what? You're always doing this stuff to me and always at the last minute. I thought this was going to be OUR night."

Jamie dropped his head and made a loud groan. He swung Kay's chair to face him and knelt down, reaching for her hands.

"Kay. I'm sorry. I'll make it up to you. This business can't wait...I'm the only person that can go straighten this out with corporate in the western division. I have to do this. And I have to fly out there tonight. You'll be fine....you love the band more than I do anyways, you know U2's not really my thing."

As Jamie stood up and began to finish his packing, Kay turned around in her chair and faced herself in her vanity mirror. Any excitment and eagerness she had had for this evening seemed to have dissapaited from her face. Happy birthday , she mouthed to her reflection.

Kay sighed and propped her head into her hand. She looked at the vase of flowers on her vanity in front of her. They were a few days old but their beauty hadn't diminished at all. Kay had brought them home from the hospital, much to Jamie's consternation. She had been certain they had to have been from him...Jamie's last name was Ballard and the card was signed simply "B". Jamie's obvious annoyance had squelched that idea.

Kay reached with her free hand to touch the petals of a bright red gerber...the only red one in the entire bouquet of yellows, oranges, and pinks. The petals were supple and velveteen between Kay's fingers. Glancing in the mirror, Kay realized the bright vermillion hue of the red gerber matched her camisole exactly. Kay quickly swept up her dark brunette hair off of her neck and plucked the flower from the bunch, placing it in her hair. Kay smiled at her reflection. She was going to the concert....alone or not.

"Come on over here, little lady! Yous got anything to confess?"

A burly stadium worker winked at Kay as she entered the stadium lobby. Kay looked and saw the man standing next to a black booth shaped familiarly like a Catholic confessional.

Kay shook her head vigourously, embarassed at the attention. "No no no. That's quite all right. Nothing to confess!"

The man leaned and whispered conspiratorily to Kay. "Everybody's got something they's don't want to be admitting to."

Kay realized trying to disagree would be an attempt at futility. The man had a point...

"Ok, I'll do it." Kay said.

"'Atta girl!"

As Kay sat in the booth waiting for the green blinking light to turn red, her signal for her to begin, she couldn't help but begin to feel a sense of excitement building up for the night and all it's surprises. Last thing she expected to be doing was confessing anything and here she was, about to spill a secret before the beginning of a U2 concert...She had no idea what to say...she hoped something would come to her when the moment came.

The light turned red and Kay cleared her throat, looking down at her hands.

"Um...today's my birthday. And I'm here alone tonight because I'm engaged to a man I am fairly certain really isn't in love with me."

Kay stopped. She knew what she was about to say...she just had never had the courage to admit it to herself, let alone say it out loud....

Kay slowly lifted her head up and looked directly toward the blinking red light.

"And the thing is...I know I don't love him."

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom