What a daddy!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Niamh_Saoirse said:
337868%3A%3B23232%7Ffp3%3B%3Dot%3E2325%3D%3C69%3D6%3A3%3Dxroqdf%3E23233%3A6928665ot1lsi

Wow! Are those the girls? They're so big...well I guess people grow up. And come to think of it, I hate when old people say to me "You're growing up so fast; you're as tall as your mom." I'm like "What am I supposed to do?"
Nevertheless, the kids are grown up some. Which is which? LOL

Eve is on the left (will be 12 next month) and Jordan is with Daddy (14) Who has those adorable pics of Bono with Eli on his shoulders at the Grand Prix? I'd go steal them off the other thread but my computer is too slow right now.

Okay, so someone asked for great Dad stories. Here's mine, for Father's Day.

When I first went away to camp when I was 10, obviously I was homesick and scared. My dad showed me Orion and told me whenever I got scared or lonely, just look up in the sky and find Orion and I'd know he was there and thinking about me.

Fast forward 10 years later. I'm going into the Peace Corps, in Zimbabwe. If I were any further away, I'd have started coming back. ;) I remembered this still story and, girls, I don't mind telling you every single night, I looked up at Orion before I went to sleep.

Love ya Dad! :heart: :)

Here's a cute one....

familyholiday.jpg

SD

Niamh_Saoirse said:

The girl in the photo is one of his daughters. Anybody know which one? In Rex features it says something about Edge, Morleigh, and children at a store in Malibu. At first I thought it was just some girl in the picture who just happened to be walking behind him, but there are a few other pictures of him and she seems to be in a few.

There are no words to express how happy this tread makes me! I love seeing Bono with his kids, especially with Eli... he always looks so proud.

Must be a first born son thing...

I'd say he looks happy with his girls too! Both he and Edge look so happy in the pictures of their kids at shows. :love:

*warm fuzzies*
I sat and grinned while reading the whole thread...now I want to go downstairs and hug my dad.

Awww, what a great thread!!

Bono is going to be in BIG trouble...his daughters are beautiful (did we expect any less...look at the gene pool!) and I'm sure he'll have boys knocking on the door day and night looking for Jordan and Eve!

I'd love to hear the kids talk about their fathers..
I am sure often they are really annoyed by them :D just as most kids are with their parents once they reach *that* age ;)

Originally posted by bonocrazy88
And come to think of it, I hate when old people say to me "You're growing up so fast; you're as tall as your mom." I'm like "What am I supposed to do?"

LOL! Exactly!

Originally posted by Jenn121
Bono is going to be in BIG trouble...his daughters are beautiful (did we expect any less...look at the gene pool!) and I'm sure he'll have boys knocking on the door day and night looking for Jordan and Eve!

Yep. Definitely.

*Can just see Bono doing the whole overprotective dad thing when his girls start dating*

This whole thread is just too freakin' adorable! I love that Fly shades story! That is sooooooooooo sweet! :cute: :hug: :bono:.
And the bit during a concert that Bono threw in about his daughter Eve and her birthday is cute, too.

And I love these pictures, too. Some excellent ones in here-family fuzzies galore. These guys' kids are all growing up so beautifully.

That one picture of Bono's entire family on one of these pages...now I know where Bono gets his looks from, he looks a lot like his dad in it (and I also still love the picture of him from the late 80s where he's sitting next to his dad).

Angela

Awwwwww I just remembered that cute story (I think it was in a magazine) about Eve being in the other room listening to Bono talk w/ Beyonce (sp) and how Bono said he knows Eve thinks he's too uncool for her LOL.

here's a sweet love-for-mommy quote
"My wife Ali has an aversion to violent films, so she thought
if she put on Chopper, which is made by a friend of ours, it might do the trick.
And indeed it did! We got to the hospital 20 minutes
before the baby was born. Twenty minutes!
She's an extraordinary girl."
-Bono talks about the birth of John Abraham, 2001

oliveu2cm said:
Awwwwww I just remembered that cute story (I think it was in a magazine) about Eve being in the other room listening to Bono talk w/ Beyonce (sp) and how Bono said he knows Eve thinks he's too uncool for her LOL.

here's a sweet love-for-mommy quote
"My wife Ali has an aversion to violent films, so she thought
if she put on Chopper, which is made by a friend of ours, it might do the trick.
And indeed it did! We got to the hospital 20 minutes
before the baby was born. Twenty minutes!
She's an extraordinary girl."
-Bono talks about the birth of John Abraham, 2001

Girl???? John ???? :confused:

bono Q said:

Girl???? John ???? :confused:

Ali. :) he was talking about her giving birth. (it confused me at first too.)

And there was a line too where he said "she roared like a lion" I wish I could remember where I hear all this stuff.

oliveu2cm said:
Yeah it was that Beyonce was visiting Bono and the girls where in a room close to the kitchen and bono went and fetched beyonce something to drink and he heard his girls whisper how much he annoyed them because he was talking 'his arse off about Africa' (i think that was what they said origianlly) while there was BEYONC next door. :laugh:

FallingStar said:

Yeah it was that Beyonce was visiting Bono and the girls where in a room close to the kitchen and bono went and fetched beyonce something to drink and he heard his girls whisper how much he annoyed them because he was talking 'his arse off about Africa' (i think that was what they said origianlly) while there was BEYONC next door. :laugh:

LOL, yep.

To that other story: 20 minutes, eh?

Wow.

Angela

I remember reading somewhere an interview with Edge and he talked about his little girl Sian.

He said that she loved the Backstreet Boys and they used to dance in the kitchen to their music. Poor man!The things he has to put up with! :rolleyes: :D

Back
Top Bottom