We're off to Dooblin!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OK, details... this is exactly what I posted in the Zoo:

"No, it wasn't a dream! And I have pics to prove it. ;)

http://www.boomspeed.com/flaming_june/katty_and_bono.jpg

http://www.boomspeed.com/flaming_june/katty_and_bono2.jpg

Erised, Dsmith and myself went to the studio and sat there for a few hours. We saw a car arrive but we weren't able to see who was inside because a truck was blocking the view... About an hour later (more or less, I'm really not sure) the B man came out! He stayed by the door of the studio chatting with a couple of girls that apparently work with them. We stayed sitting on the bench waiting for him to signal us to go over there or something... but he crossed the street and went over to where we were. He shook hands with us and I asked him if I could shake his hand again because I had my gloves on when I first did it, LOL! He smiled and shook my hand again, and after that he held on to my hand and pulled me up from the bench. He put his arm over my shoulder and stared at my face while Erised and dsmith took pictures...

I really can't remember much else of what happened, I was in a daze! I forgot to take pictures of the girls with him, and I almost forgot to ask him to sign something for me! I took out a poster from the Zooropa tour and he wrote the words "The world is not enough" on it and signed it. I also asked him if they were coming to Puerto Rico for the next tour and he said that he would love to come to Puerto Rico, then he asked me if that's where I was from. I said yes and he wrote "but for Puerto Rico" right below "the world is not enough". He signed for the girls and took pictures with them and also with another U2 fan from England that was there as well.

Then he left... Ahh, it was such a great experience. Bono is so nice and special.

That's all I can remember right now, I'll add more details if I remember anything.

f.j."

That's awesome that he came over to you - someone might think that's pretentious for him to assume you were waiting for him, but I've always been super nervous to approach a celebrity when there wasn't already a huge crowd around them. GAH! He is the best!!!!!!! :heart:

:hyper: That is SO exciting! I mean, I feel excited just reading about your experience, but if it were to happen to me...man, I think I'd just pass out!

moon_is_playing_tricks said:
Oh, the things I've missed. You see, I got lost and uh, couldn't find my way, and uh, yeah.

Anywho. HOLY SHITE! Sensory overload. Yay for you flamin' june bug! This all just made my day.

Bono fuzzies.

Moonie :D

Moonie! I'm SO happy that you're still around! I was wondering what was going on with you! :hug: :dance:

I couldn't stand next to our man, like you did... but I'll be back! :evil:

Silly little Larry-related incident

ireland0025.jpg

This is Gogarty's in Temple Bar. We ate there one night for dinner (yummy!) and then had a pint and listened to a traditional irish music band live...it was cool! Oh, and they had awesome homemade brown bread ice cream. :yes:

But the reason I'm posting this pic is because we had a weird U2-related thing happen there. During dinner, the song The Boys Are Back in Town came on. Fj and I looked at each other and giggled cuz I have this U2 radio interview where Larry sings that song. But the weird thing was that as we ate, we noticed that the song didn't seem to end... it kept playing and playing...the CD was skipping, but in such a way that you really didn't notice unless you were paying close attention to the song, like fj and I were. :wink: I swear the song played for at least 20 minutes before the skip finally fixed itself. It was hiLARRYous though... I guess you kinda had to be there, but we thought it was some kinda of sign that we'd run into Larry somewhere, but no such luck :shrug:

thank you so much for sharing your story... god I can;t wait to go back to dublin..and hopefully with interference people!

the pictures are :drool: !!!

:wave: Jessica

erised said:

Actually, Dsmith was there with us too (the three of us spent a week in Dublin together, and then fj and I moved on to see other parts of Ireland the second week), and I think she's gonna tell the story...

I'm here, I'm a slacker and haven't written out the whole story yet. Anyway, meeting Bono was so amazing and he looked WAY good! And FJ says she was nervous meeting him but she was really cool, intelligent and everything. Did she mention that he walked to her first thing?

Howth looks beautiful, it's such a bummer that we couldn't make it there but I have to admit I am so in love with Dalkey and Kiliney. Maybe I could go back there, find our lovely Dalkey Castle tour guide and live happily ever after on the Irish Coast!

Here is my pic with Bono. He's drawing a picture of me and all my hair!

Attachments

• bono_dev.jpg
    bono_dev.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 92
hippy said:
awwww fj... that vid of you... I was all smiley lol

and what a cool story! thank you for sharing! it's always nice to hear that Bono is as cool in person as he is on stage :)

:yes: fj, that vid was so adorable!

dsmith2904 said:

I'm here, I'm a slacker and haven't written out the whole story yet. Anyway, meeting Bono was so amazing and he looked WAY good! And FJ says she was nervous meeting him but she was really cool, intelligent and everything. Did she mention that he walked to her first thing?

Howth looks beautiful, it's such a bummer that we couldn't make it there but I have to admit I am so in love with Dalkey and Kiliney. Maybe I could go back there, find our lovely Dalkey Castle tour guide and live happily ever after on the Irish Coast!

What did you have him sign?

AngelofLarrydom said:
katty_and_bono.jpg

It's awesome you got to meet him.

Why is he looking at you that way?
He looks mad or something (he's making
a fist).
Maybe he was thinking: so she comes
from the land of J-Lo--- Dam I can't see
her but.
Anyhoo....it's cute that you are totally blushing!
:eek:

:hmm: I don't think he looks angry...I think he looks sort of the OPPOSITE of angry! :drool:

dsmith2904 said:

Hey Dev! :wave:

I think Bono must have sensed that I was the only U2 virgin there... :shifty:

Oh, our guide at Dalkey Castle was dreamy... lovely eyes and an almost Larry-like accent and voice... but he had nails that reminded me of that guy from Nightmare on Elm Street... :no:

That little picture of you that Bono drew is the cutest thing!

dsmith2904 said:

Oh Hon your pic is awesome!! And I think this so perfectly sums up the whole experience, Bono's coffee cup, the cement truck in the background, the mad traffic on the street.

It's funny coz I NEVER noticed that he was holding that mug the whole time...

Let me tell you guys, the location of the studio is not glamorous at all! :lol:

AngelofLarrydom said:
katty_and_bono.jpg

It's awesome you got to meet him.

Why is he looking at you that way?
He looks mad or something (he's making
a fist).
Maybe he was thinking: so she comes
from the land of J-Lo--- Dam I can't see
her but.
Anyhoo....it's cute that you are totally blushing!
:eek:

:lmao: Maybe he was mad at me coz I made him struggle so much to get me up from that bench!

And if he would have been able to see my butt, he would have been very disappointed... Let's just say, I'm no J.Lo!

I think Bono looks intrigued..

I think he's probably looking at you like that because you're very pretty, and he can tell you're sweet.

:)

Or maybe he's mad that you like Larry :sexywink:

Re: I think Bono looks intrigued..

MrsSpringsteen said:
I think he's probably looking at you like that because you're very pretty, and he can tell you're sweet.

Or maybe he's mad that you like Larry :sexywink:

:eek: Dawww! Thanks!

Re: I think Bono looks intrigued..

MrsSpringsteen said:

:yes: See, that's more along the lines of what I was thinking!

that's soooo amazing guys. you are really lucky. i would absolutely die if bono put his arm around me. :combust:

i want to meet them so bad but i'll have to wait til they tour again cause i can't afford to go to them. :sad:

but i'll have my day...i hope. :der:

oh you girls!!!!!! how absolutely wonderful!! :love:

bono looks sooooo lovely :sick:

i love reading your stories! thanks for sharing! :D :wave:

:drool:

There are more trip photos coming... I just haven't been able to *prep* them for the web as quickly as I had hoped, but they'll be up by the weekend for sure :yes:

We've still got some Dublin pics coming, as well as ones from Dalkey (aka Edgeland :wink: )

that is an amazing story girls.....:heart:
will i ever get to ireland !!??? can't wait to see the rest of your pics.....

Back
Top Bottom