Weird post about Larry...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wertsie

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
On the forum on my website (whoa! People have actually been posting there a bit!) we had a discussion going about whether or not Larry and Ann are married. Here's a response I received today...

"I just had to but in and tell you that Larry and Ann ARE married...I am a VERY reliable source of this information..and, although Larry is very private, he ISNT on this subject....have a nice day.... "

Anybody have any thoughts on this? I'm not sure what to think...

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I've never heard any different. :shrug:

Besides, someone on an internet forum isn't always the best place to look for the best source. Sometimes, not always.

Yeah...Don't know about the credibility of the source. Could be credible, but who knows for sure?

Anyway, it doesn't really matter...as long as Larry is happy!

:hug: :larry: :hug:

Just because it wasn't widely publicized doesn't mean they're not married.
He DID seem to almost say "my wife" in that one interview recently... they could have easily gotten married and we'd never know it. I wouldn't doubt it.
I also wouldn't totally trust that person, but I'se just saying it's not out of the question.

Kristie said:
Just because it wasn't widely publicized doesn't mean they're not married.
He DID seem to almost say "my wife" in that one interview recently... they could have easily gotten married and we'd never know it. I wouldn't doubt it.
I also wouldn't totally trust that person, but I'se just saying it's not out of the question.

:yes: Right. I know what interview you're talking about and it DID sound like he was going to say that.

He definitely doesn't seem like the kind of guy to just say, "Yeah, I'm married now." So I wouldn't be at all surprised either...

wertsie said:
On the forum on my website (whoa! People have actually been posting there a bit!) we had a discussion going about whether or not Larry and Ann are married. Here's a response I received today...

"I just had to but in and tell you that Larry and Ann ARE married...I am a VERY reliable source of this information..and, although Larry is very private, he ISNT on this subject....have a nice day.... "

Anybody have any thoughts on this? I'm not sure what to think...

I'm not the definitive source of Larry's life and neither is the person who posted that. the "have a nice day" comment at the end seemed like a thumb-nosed comment anyway.

The thing is, Larry has come right out and said how much he hates it when people try to get involved with his life and act like they *know* him. I think it's safe to say that the only people who *know* him are the people close to him. I'm not close to him (although I wish I was. heh.) so I can't say I know him. We only know *about* him from what we've read in official documents. Frankly, I wouldn't believe anything that is said regarding his private life unless he came right out and said it in an interview made available to the public. But, he probably won't because he values his privacy very much.

Personally, if he wants to have a domestic partner for 20 years, that's his business. He's happy living his life and that's fine with me. People who say they have the inside scoop on something that's obviously a very private matter usually don't.

Like I said, I wouldn't believe anything that person said unless it was announced and it came out of Larry's mouth in public. :D

Moonie :D

Y'know, I was seriously thinking about this the other day! It would not shock me at all for him to come out someday soon and admit that they actually have been married for quite some time. But like Moonie says, I wouldn't believe it unless he said it or somebody had a copy of the wedding license. :shrug:

I recall a couple of references to the marriage of these two. I admit that I can't name my sources and therefore maybe I'm wrong, but I think they are married. I agree, it doesn't matter as long as they are happy.:hug: :hug: :heart: :heart:

I don;t know much about Ann and Larry but I think Larry would just say he was married if he was, why hide it?? Plus he does not wear a wedding ring, I think Larry is the kinda bloke who would do so and not muck around with facts.

Now on the other hand I would not be at all suprised if Adam was married now or in the future got married without saying.

Why does Adam wear a gold band on the wedding finger, why??

Adam wears this big honking ring on that finger, not a band

17-12-adamfingernails.jpg

I have more if you doubt me

Kristie said:
Adam wears this big honking ring on that finger, not a band

17-12-adamfingernails.jpg

I have more if you doubt me

:ohmy: That IS a big honkin' thing! Dude, I never notice stuff like this!

I also remember somebody (I think it was a PLEBAn) saying recently that Bono and Ali don't wear their wedding rings...Something else I never noticed. :shrug:

wertsie said:

:ohmy: That IS a big honkin' thing! Dude, I never notice stuff like this!

I also remember somebody (I think it was a PLEBAn) saying recently that Bono and Ali don't wear their wedding rings...Something else I never noticed. :shrug:

I don't know about Ali but although Bono doesn't wear it very often sometimes he does... if I remember well, he's wearing is wedding ring at the last pic of the joshua tree booklet.

Just one little inconsistency with that post...

If Larry's not private about his married life (or lack thereof), and if he IS married, wouldn't he have said something by now? Wouldn't it have gone public by now?

I just find that a bit odd...

Anyway, as has been said, whatever floats Larry's boat!! :)

~Bona

Well as far as I know he isn't married...but it's like he was anyway lol...I mean they have been together so long and have 3 kids...although who knows they might have had a private ceremony...We still love him the same either way don't we girls? :D

oliveu2cm said:
If Larry & Ann really are married I'm sure Bono will let the news slip sooner or later...

:wink:

LOL! :eeklaugh: Like when he let it 'slip' about the new baby at the Feb. 7, 2001 concert in London! ;) Larry is so private, they might have been married for years and he just doesn't think it's anyone's beezwax or something. The media calls Ann "longtime partner" or whateve because they aren't sure. Also, after 7 years you are considered common law anyway, right?

U2Kitten said:

LOL! :eeklaugh: Like when he let it 'slip' about the new baby at the Feb. 7, 2001 concert in London! ;) Larry is so private, they might have been married for years and he just doesn't think it's anyone's beezwax or something. The media calls Ann "longtime partner" or whateve because they aren't sure. Also, after 7 years you are considered common law anyway, right?

:yes: Well, I'm not an expert on this or anything, but I would THINK so!

AngelofLarrydom said:
Probably is married but someone has to go to Ireland and find the marriage certificate. :p
What ever happen to his nanny or claimed to be Larry's & Ann's nanny. Did she ever post here again...I bet she knows!!!!

:hmm: I must not have been around for that...Interesting!

Kristie said:

He DID seem to almost say "my wife" in that one interview recently...

Exactly. That's what I noticed too! I don't really get why he's secretive about it :shrug:, but then again, it's his life.

I'd be very happy to know they're married though. :)

Back
Top Bottom