weird bono beard question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marik

Refugee
i have noticed from current pics (vertigo era) that bono is a fan of having some beard stubble around his chin area, but i have noticed that the hair stubble/wiskers only are aroung the goatee area (chin, and above mouth) and sometimes right along the jaw bone right across his face horizontally, and then cuts up vertically to his sideburn area. it however NEVER fills his cheeks (the higher up area on either side of his cheeks where a full beard grows in). I thought that perhaps he just shaved it that way, but looking back at past pics (amnesty era 85-86, and also pop era pics) the same growth area has no sign of stubble. am i crazy, or on to something here? any pleba girls notice this, or have proof otherwise?

Hmmm. Not sure what you're suggesting....that Bono has no beard growth on his cheek area, or that he scrupulously shaves it? I can't imagine Bono scrupulously shaving anything (well, maybe something:drool: ), but having looked at pictures in "U2 and I", especially those taken just after the trip to Ethiopia, I suspect that the growth on his cheeks is very light. :shrug:
On the other hand, he has been known to maintain a very clean beard area. Check out the beard picture in the Pop album booklet.
I know, I'm vascillating.

I have noticed this too...

Looks like it does not grow in those areas which is odd considering how thick it is in the goatee area.

redhill said:
I have noticed this too...

Looks like it does not grow in those areas which is odd considering how thick it is in the goatee area.

Yes, the beard is very coarse when it's allowed to flourish.
I know someone who has a very dense beard, but very carefully shaves the cheek and neck areas every day. You would think he had no beard growth on his cheeks. I'm still vascillating, re: Bono.

Can someone post those two pics of a very heavily-bearded Bono that were in the Corbijn book, the ones of him in the white bathrobe, and just returned from Africa?

biff said:
Can someone post those two pics of a very heavily-bearded Bono that were in the Corbijn book, the ones of him in the white bathrobe, and just returned from Africa?

28698086.jpg

f0cd1815.jpg

Thanks Kelly.:wave:

That sure is one hairy guy! Check out the first pic. There's clearly some whisker creepage onto his cheek.

(I can't believe we're actually discussing this.:reject: )

Back
Top Bottom