WEBSHOTS: another warning

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can't seem to figure out how to upload more than 10 pics at one time!! Errrrrr... When I click on the upload link, it brings me to a page where there are ten slots on the left for JPG Images and ten slots on the right for MP3/wav files. This is very annoying. I have well over 1000 pics to upload and it will take me years to do it the way I've been doing it. I followed Hippy's instructions, but they didn't seen to work for me. If anyone knows how to help, please post.. thanks.

------------------
Oh great ocean
Oh great sea
Run to the ocean
Run to the sea

I finally got the email. It said someone had notified them I had uploaded 'copyrighted' pics. WHO NOW? They were always private! I don't understand how they are doing this, but it is awful for us all. I know it's an old subject now. I guess I will have to go to Dotphoto and run that gravy train until it runs dry too, though it doesn't look to be as cool as a webshots page. All we want to do is post our pics, give us girls a break.

Hi U2Kitten...

It's interesting that you should mention being reported to Webshots. All my albums were private and I never posted pictures except for on this here forum - I was reported, too.
mad.gif
Makes me sad, though. I would never try to pawn a picture off as my own that's not really mine. I never thought sharing pictures was a big deal, but to someone here, I guess it is.
frown.gif

Moonie

Originally posted by moon_is_playing_tricks:
Hi U2Kitten...

It's interesting that you should mention being reported to Webshots. All my albums were private and I never posted pictures except for on this here forum - I was reported, too.
mad.gif
Makes me sad, though. I would never try to pawn a picture off as my own that's not really mine. I never thought sharing pictures was a big deal, but to someone here, I guess it is.
frown.gif

Moonie

Moonie and all-

I just lost another album from the one I started after I lost my first one. I now have only 1
frown.gif
I used a different user name, email addy and made them all private from the start and they still got me. I know lots of you have been hit but no one as hard as me- I did lose EVERYTHING after all. Now after only a few days my new stash is hit. I cannot help but believe I am being targeted personally. I have figured out how this can be done, even if your albums are private. I read on their page how we are turned in- someone has to turn in the URL addy. Now all a filthy snitch would need to do that would be that, and it's easy to get that- they can see what we posted by clicking one of the icons at the top of our post. They could save that and use it to turn us in, even though our albums have not ever been public. How else could we have been 'reported' now?
It would be traced to us whether we posted the pic or someone else posted from our album. The only other explaination would be that webshots has 'copyright police' sitting around staring at all the thousands of pics. I might as well give up on webshits, looks like I am damned. I have some on Snapfish and will try Dot too but I am very negative right now that anything will ever work out for me
frown.gif

DotPhoto is working fine for me, knock on wood. I don't know how to upload more than 10 at once either, those who have done it please tell us how.

------------------
U2- The Unforgettable Fire still burns!

35 pics of mine just got deleted because of Copyright Infrigement.

Of course they don't tell you in which album you can find them. I can't even go and look because they're upgrading their servers.

F**K U webshots.

I think I'll start a dotphoto album.

I'm having hit and miss luck with dotphoto...I uploaded 3 more pics and then got the error message...tried again again and got 4 more added...now the upload tool is down again. It's great when it works! By the way U2kitten, I think whoever is snitching on you and the other webshots users is lower than low, I mean, who are you hurting by sharing with other U2 fans? I can't even imagine losing the amount of photos you have...I'm sorry

That really sucks, U2K. I hope that you will continue to have faith that your fellow PLEBA sisters would never do this to another sister! It's a shame...and I sincerely hope that you are not being targeted. That would be a shame. ((((U2k)))))

And to those of you trying to upload...I'm having problems too...it seems that there are too many people using it, or maybe dotPhoto is doing something with their site...I didn't have any trouble at all last night...I uploaded another 200 pics with no problem...so it must just be something about today! Keep the faith ladies!

We shall overcome!

------------------
And your earth moves beneath
Your own dream landscape

You can dream, so dream out loud!

"The way to be optimistic is not to shut your eyes and close your ears." -Bono

Create Light, Create Unity, Create Joy, CREATE PEACE!

Originally posted by Veranda:
DotPhoto is working fine for me, knock on wood. I don't know how to upload more than 10 at once either, those who have done it please tell us how.

Well, sh*t. I've been struggling with dotphoto for a couple of days now.... even going so far as numbering my pictures so that I can see which ones have been left out in the upload. *All* my pictures are jpeg files - not one of them is a bitmap or whatever. I just don't get it. Then, when I try to go back to the old way (which was sooooo much better - I uploaded ten a time, but at least I knew which ten I was getting!) and can't figure it out. Once I clicked on that upload option that lets me upload as much as I want, it won't let me go back to the old way. ::sigh::

It's a nice system though... I just can't figure out why some of my pictures aren't uploading.

Oh, and I had another 30 pictures taken out of my webshots albums today. Not sure which ones and I don't care. I seriously doubt it's anyone with Webshots sitting there looking through picture after picture. I honestly don't see the harm in swapping pictures on a forum - lots of other people here do it. I'm not claiming the pictures are mine and I'm not trying to sell them to make a profit or anything. *ALL* my webshots albums were private. I hear you, U2K... is there a way that you can save all your picture files onto CD? I'm lucky to be able to cram them all onto my harddrive...

Moonie
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by moon_is_playing_tricks (edited 01-11-2002).]

Back
Top Bottom