We need to take a minute here......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

browneyedgirl

War Child
and we all need to say a prayer....
frown.gif

I'm sure you are all as shocked and stunned as I......
We need to pray for our country and these innocent people that have lost their life today....
Those of you that are not Americans...pray for us.... we need it!!!!

I'm here, girls, I'm here in Italy and I'm praying for you. Let's hope, let's believe in God, it's the only thing that we can do now...
frown.gif

I just wish people would quit pointing fingers, trying to blame whoever did this. Now people are trying to blame President Bush!! It's ridiculous... Please turn to God and pray for those who lost their lives, their families and that our country would remain safe...
smile.gif

------------------
"From an artist's point of view, failure is where you get your best material." -Bono

My feeble attempt at a website:
Rattle And Hum

My bf's sister is in NYC, we can't contact her 'cause all lines are busy. she works near WTC and we're worried as hell about her!!!

We can and we will pray but we're not gonna stop it ... Let's hope it won't lead to smth like WW3...

Originally posted by Bonavoix:
I just wish people would quit pointing fingers, trying to blame whoever did this. Now people are trying to blame President Bush!! It's ridiculous... Please turn to God and pray for those who lost their lives, their families and that our country would remain safe...
smile.gif

Amen, Bonavoix! It is just simply galling that people are pointing fingers like that and blaming the President. You may hate him, but he did not do this. For those who did, they are cowards and they will be judged for their actions one day, I firmly believe that. It is also sickening that in some countries, they are shouting and clapping and Thanking God that this happened!
eek.gif
It turns my stomach.

Innocent lives were lost and that is a terrible thing. And I don't say that as some naive American who is unfeeling towards terrorism that occur daily in other countries. It always saddens me when innocents are lost, but obviously this hits close to home for me.

tania

Peace on Earth

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heaven on Earth
We need it now
I'm sick of all of this
Hanging around

Sick of sorrow
I'm sick of the pain
I'm sick of hearing
Again and again
That there's gonna be
Peace on Earth

Where I grew up
There weren't many trees
Where there was we'd tear them down
And use them on our enemies

They say that what you mock
Will surely overtake you
And you become a monster
So the monster will not break you

And it's already gone too far
Who said that if you go in hard
You won't get hurt

Jesus can you take the time
To throw a drowning man a line
Peace on Earth

Tell the ones who hear no sound
Whose sons are living in the ground
Peace on Earth

No whos or whys
No one cries like a mother cries
For peace on Earth

She never got to say goodbye
To see the color in his eyes
Now he's in the dirt
Peace on Earth

They're reading names out
Over the radio
All the folks the rest of us
Won't get to know

Sean and Julia
Gareth, Ann, and Breda
Their lives are bigger than
Any big idea

Jesus can you take the time
To throw a drowning man a line
Peace on Earth

To tell the ones who hear no sound
Whose sons are living in the ground
Peace on Earth

Jesus in this song you wrote
The words are sticking in my throat
Peace on Earth

Hear it every Christmas time
But hope and history won't rhyme
So what's it worth

This peace on Earth
Peace on Earth
Peace on Earth
Peace on Earth

Amen

tania

I'm in shock...

I live in Seattle, a long way from New York, but I have an uncle there. I am praying for everyone in the WTC, everyone in the streets of Manhattan, everyone on each one of those planes.

Imagine the horror...

On every radio station here in Seattle they have been encouraging people to give blood. I think I might go do that. Its all we can do right now.
frown.gif

Here in the DC area (not a good place to be) they're letting schools out. I was gonna post Peace on Earth lyrics but someone already did. (I wrote them down and hung them up in a hallway at school though)

We were notified during first period. Then the rest of the day in every class we were watching the news and listening to the radio. This is the most disgusting things I have ever experienced.

Everyday we complain about stupid little things -- and here we have a reminder that some things are more important than what we wear or other things. This is human life we're talking about. Innocent lives. It's just really disgusting. That's the only word I can think of.

Things are going crazy here. They're basically shutting everything down and moving gov. ppl around. Dozens of ppl at my school have relatives who work on the hill or down in D.C. I really just can't put into coherent words what it is everyone's feeling except disgust.

I've been nauseous all day and I haven't eaten since breakfast. I might faint
smile.gif
I'm praying for the victims and the rescue crews and even the ppl who started this so they'll get some sense and stop it before we have another war.

Ppl on the news were calling this the worst attack on the US since Pearl Harbor

9-11-01

------------------
~*Mona*~
"I'd like to thank you for letting me rub up against you!" ~Bono~

"What you don't have you don't need it now. What you don't know you can feel it somehow."

Originally posted by WildHonee:

Everyday we complain about stupid little things -- and here we have a reminder that some things are more important than what we wear or other things. This is human life we're talking about. Innocent lives. It's just really disgusting. That's the only word I can think of.

Amen to that.
frown.gif

Hi girls,
I feel so sick. People are doing work but I cant see straight. I just feel naseous and so sad. What a tragic day! There really are no words.....

I was hoping I would never really have to taste the tears in this song:

I can't believe the news today
Oh, I can't close my eyes
And make it go away
How long...
How long must we sing this song?
How long? How long...
'cause tonight...we can be as one
Tonight...
Broken bottles under children's feet
Bodies strewn across the dead end street
But I won't heed the battle call
It puts my back up
Puts my back up against the wall

Sunday, Bloody Sunday
Sunday, Bloody Sunday
Sunday, Bloody Sunday

And the battle's just begun
There's many lost, but tell me who has won
The trench is dug within our hearts
And mothers, children, brothers, sisters
Torn apart

Sunday, Bloody Sunday
Sunday, Bloody Sunday

How long...
How long must we sing this song?
How long? How long...
'cause tonight...we can be as one
Tonight...tonight...

Sunday, Bloody Sunday
Sunday, Bloody Sunday

Wipe the tears from your eyes
Wipe your tears away
Oh, wipe your tears away
Oh, wipe your tears away
(Sunday, Bloody Sunday)
Oh, wipe your blood shot eyes
(Sunday, Bloody Sunday)

Sunday, Bloody Sunday (Sunday, Bloody Sunday)
Sunday, Bloody Sunday (Sunday, Bloody Sunday)

And it's true we are immune
When fact is fiction and TV reality
And today the millions cry
We eat and drink while tomorrow they die

(Sunday, Bloody Sunday)

The real battle just begun
To claim the victory Jesus won
On...

Sunday Bloody Sunday
Sunday Bloody Sunday...

------------------
Move me a mountain

My fanatical U2 webpage: Take Me Higher

God
my whole family is coming home all of a sudden and everyone's crying and yelling and whatnot cause nobody could contact anyone else.
frown.gif
I hate this.

HEAVEN ON EARTH WE NEED IT NOW

P.S. On a lighter note, TRL has added 'stuck' to their list of videos so voting is easier. I don't know if that matters.

------------------
~*Mona*~

"What you don't have you don't need it now. What you don't know you can feel it somehow."

Anyone else notice today's date? 9-11.

------------------
~*Mona*~

This is sad and disgusting -- but also kinda funny. Not funny haha just...well I think I can tell the future!

The day Bono's daddy died -- that morning I had a weird urge to listen to ATYCLB and I listened to Kite first

Today -- I listened to Peace on earth. I was thinking about it for my social justice porject and thought I'd start off the day with it.

I'm psychic.

------------------
~*Mona*~

Originally posted by tiny dancer:
This day has been a nightmare. I live about 50 miles from where they plane went down in PA. And I have a brother and cousin who work in New York City. We have not knew from them yet. Please keep them in your prayers.

I'm still praying...

My prayers go out to all of you who live/work in the NYC or DC areas and those of you who have relatives who do. Thankfully, I'm in Michigan now, but my dad was planning to fly somewhere for business today. I'm so glad he wasn't on any of those flights...

Also, there is a major need for blood, and the Red Cross is accepting donations. Please donate, if possible, especially if you have O+ blood. The Red Cross is very busy now, so I'm donating on Thursday. (The blood is being shipped to NYC).

Thank you to all the non-Americans who have been wishing us well.

This is just horrific. Here in Montreal (and I suspect everywhere in the world) everyone is in complete shock.

My thoughts go out to all of you American girls, and tiny dancer, I hope that your relatives are alright.

In this terrible time, all we can do is pray. So I'm praying for everyone, victims, their families, those who have loved ones in those areas. Peace on Earth- We need it now...

[This message has been edited by mocool12 (edited 09-11-2001).]

Wow even ebay has a little message about this.

------------------
~*Mona*~
"Heaven on earth -- we need it now" -U2-

"Peace does not mean getting your way.
Your ugliness could be my beauty,
your ugliness could be me."

This day has been a nightmare. I live about 50 miles from where they plane went down in PA. And I have a brother and cousin who work in New York City. We have not knew from them yet. Please keep them in your prayers.

Well... what can I say that hasn't already been said?? I am shocked, saddened and sickened by what has happened. Even though we are a long way away from the tragedy (australia) it has affected us deeply. We are still watching the coverage on tv and still unable to believe it has happened.
My thoughts and prayers are with you all tonight.
They played 'walk on' on the radio this afternoon... 'stay safe tonight...'
take care
xxx

------------------
'well...2 years and finally we make it down the end of the yellow brick road to sydney australia...' Bono Zoo TV

Back
Top Bottom