We need a new MacPhisto and Mirrorball Man fix

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SamanthaPuff

War Child
I think what we all need is our fix of MacPhisto and Mirrorball Man! I just found some new pics of them. Please everyone, post your sexy MacPhisto or Mirrorball Man pics, even if we have already seen them! GRRRR!!

I just discovered this one, isn't the dream of so many of us??!!
macphi8.jpg

Calling MacPhisto
macphi7.jpg

I couldn't believe these hidden treasures of the Mirrorball Man I found, his fans should be happy!
bo-ab51.jpg

bo-ab59.jpg

bo-ab60.jpg

bo-ab57.jpg

------------------
Just as you find me
always I will be
a little bit too free
with myself
-Bono and Edge

eh! I don't see em
frown.gif

PS Can someone tell me where the MacPhisto character came from? PLEEEEEASE?!

I swear there's a place called McPhisto shoes around here. Near the Tower Records.

------------------
~*Mona*~
"We're one, but we're not the same. We get to carry each other"

XOOM DISEASE must be cured! If you click on properties and then copy and paste it onto your address bar, you can see them. If you don't want to mess with it, I will. I'm going to upload every one of those to my webshots account so I can trick XOOM and take their pictures
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

The first one is MacPhisto hugging a girl! I have seen the shoe store and made jokes about it too. It's something like Macphesto.

The MacPhisto character was invented by Bono and his friend Gavin Friday. Gavin thought the Mirrorball Man, who was a combination of a TV evangelist and a used car salesman, would not be understood in Europe. Bono admitted MacPHisto was the devil, and Gavin said he should buy horns. He didn't want to, and Ali was not happy! Bono and Gavin invented all the details of the character, the devil in the form of a tired old pop star, the fly old and fat and playing Las Vegas. Bono bought the shoes and painted them gold. "I bought these!" It was funny. There is a chapter in the U2@TEOW book.

------------------
"Walk On, stay safe tonight"

Originally posted by U2Kitten:
I have seen the shoe store and made jokes about it too. It's something like Macphesto.

The MacPhisto character was invented by Bono and his friend Gavin Friday. Gavin thought the Mirrorball Man, who was a combination of a TV evangelist and a used car salesman, would not be understood in Europe. Bono admitted MacPHisto was the devil, and Gavin said he should buy horns. He didn't want to, and Ali was not happy! Bono and Gavin invented all the details of the character, the devil in the form of a tired old pop star, the fly old and fat and playing Las Vegas. Bono bought the shoes and painted them gold. "I bought these!" It was funny. There is a chapter in the U2@TEOW book.

aaaaahhhhh ok *educated* Lol that's so weird!! I had it part right. Cause I use McPhisto as a derrogatory term (Making up my own language!) heheh so he's ...the devil. ok
smile.gif

Is the Mephisto Shoe thing a nat'l chain?
(I remembered the name) The one I know is in MD

------------------
~*Mona*~
"We're one, but we're not the same. We get to carry each other"

It must be a national chain. The ones I know are in Greensboro and Winston-Salem NC.

I'm still trying to upload those pics, I will be back. Up yours, XOOM! I want MacPhisto!

------------------

Here goes the MacPhisto dancing with the girl picture, wish it was me!
u791337.jpg

------------------

I thought I read somewhere that it was Fintan who gave Bono the MacPhisto boots.

------------------
Trust In God...But Lock Your Doors

here are some
smile.gif

bomac_004.jpg

bomac_005.jpg

------------------
'listen as hope and peace try to rhyme' -*POP*

"Irish people are like Texans" -Bono, 4-3-01

What would Jesus Not do?

I can't believe this thread has been so unpopular. I'm going to keep it alive until Bluey, Miss MacPhisto and Macphisto-esq discover it
biggrin.gif

NP67634.jpg

TP18893.jpg

KZ60817.jpg

------------------

Wow!! Lots of good pics I've never seen before!!!! Cool!!!

------------------
Trust In God...But Lock Your Doors

MacPhisto was named after this guy Dr. Faust, who was a German neuromancer a longgg time ago. The story goes that he apparenlty sold his soul to the devil in exchange for knowledge.

bonomac1.jpg

macsmoke.jpg

------------------
Because Love is big
And Love is tough
But Love is not what you're thinking of

My fanatical U2 webpage: Take Me Higher

does anybody know what the rest of the band thought of macphito and CO?

------------------
"I can't believe the news today,
Oh, I can't close my eyes
And make it go away.
How long...
How long must we sing this song?
How long? How long...
'cause tonight...we can be as one."

Love to all of you,
Emily

There are all these MacPhisto origin stories...but I have an interview of the band
from when they were on Much Music this summer
(U2 Does Much). In the interview, Bono claims that he and Edge discovered MacPhisto
in Madrid, and he was some guy that worked in the theater. Supposedly he and Edge followed this guy around all night, and that gave Bono the inspiration to become MacPhisto.

------------------
Make Love!
Not War

Originally posted by U2Kitten:
I can't believe this thread has been so unpopular. I'm going to keep it alive until Bluey, Miss MacPhisto and Macphisto-esq discover it
biggrin.gif

Aw! I am honestly touched! You remembered me!

And I cannot believe I have missed this thread- it has been going for days!

%3B%3C8875232323%7Ego55%3Enu%3D3234%3E9%3A3%3E4%3A8%3EWSNRCG%3D3232357%3A46366nu0mrj

(I love this pic- I want that room, and that sofa so I can sit around in my poncy jackets and boots and look moody too!)

b137.jpg

Lets try and keep this thread going!
(just a little incentive...)

[This message has been edited by Macphisto_esq (edited 09-17-2001).]

I found it!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yay, macphisto pics!
*Bluey prints all the mr mac photos she can find and attaches them to her teddy bears* ...There, now I can take mr. macphisto with me whereever I go!
BTW...Who else is going as mr.mac for halloween this year??? Lets make a pact to get friends to take pics of us on the town macphisto style and we'll have a macphisto-on-the-town contest!!!!!!!!
Winner gets, umm .... well we'll work on that. What should the winner get?
-Bluey of Doom.

------------------
"EEEEEDGE, BEDAZZLE MEEEEEEEEE!" :)

I'm sorry, I didn't know that site was XOOM! I messed up three threads with the dreaded XOOM disease! Thanks U2Kitten for posting them. Oh Disco, I knew XOOM was bad but I didn't realize that site AM posted about was XOOM, I feel so lame! I will now post some more pics to attone for my error.
bono109.jpg

bono197.jpg

bono122.jpg

bono139.jpg

------------------
Just as you find me
always I will be
a little bit too free
with myself
-Bono and Edge

[This message has been edited by SamanthaPuff (edited 09-17-2001).]

"Off with the horns, on with the show."