We met Bono in Dublin yesterday!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Re: Re: We met Bono in Dublin yesterday!!

dream chaser said:
Woohoo Julie! You did it again! :D:applaud:

Cheers!
-Mel :bono:

Mel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!How are you??

Sheer fluke this time though bit like my birthday but I still have a long way to go to catch up to you???

Absolutely breathtaking, Ladies. The video clip is great, I love that cheeky grin of Bono's. I met him on the 3rd along with Adam and I met Adam again on the 13th...personal business!! I'll let you all know soon enough. Congratulations all, no doubt you're all thrilled and thanks for posting such super snaps. Viva Bono, Viva Dublin!!

Last edited:
Pop Artist said:
I can confirm firsthand that Bono is in NYC today...and Gavin...and Ali... :bono: :wink: :love:

mmmm...Well,They should stop swapping cars all the time then! :D

When I saw Bono's car in the garage, that made me think he was there!

Thanks for the info Pop Artist!

Re: Re: Re: We met Bono in Dublin yesterday!!

Bono's Tart said:

Mel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!How are you??

Sheer fluke this time though bit like my birthday but I still have a long way to go to catch up to you???

LOL! But I've got 10+ years experience under my belt! :macdevil: If only I could be so successful in my career, lol, I'd be a millionaire! :crazy: :D

I'm doing well, btw, thanks fer askin'! Started a new script... slow going, but I like it so far. :)

How've you been?

Cheers! :)

PS: pics, girl, pics! :p

Re: Re: Re: Re: We met Bono in Dublin yesterday!!

dream chaser said:

LOL! But I've got 10+ years experience under my belt! :macdevil: If only I could be so successful in my career, lol, I'd be a millionaire! :crazy: :D

I'm doing well, btw, thanks fer askin'! Started a new script... slow going, but I like it so far. :)

How've you been?

Cheers! :)

PS: pics, girl, pics! :p

HEHE!!!
Well you know that I never even thought it was possible to get near him until 2001 even though I had beena fan for 20 years by then!!! But since then 3 times so its not that bad really, Monday seems to be lucky for me especially in Dublin!!
When we get the piccie will let you know.

Glad to hear you are well Mel kep us posted about your script.

psst my offer still stands about researching Bono!!!!!!!!!!!!lol!!;

Niamh_Saoirse said:

mmmm...Well,They should stop swapping cars all the time then! :D

When I saw Bono's car in the garage, that made me think he was there!

Thanks for the info Pop Artist!

Yeah thanks!

I thought it was odd as it was Robert the GM of the Clarence who called him and my friend is on firts name terms with him so he wouldnt have lied to her.
Havent 2 of the mercs got nearly identical regs?

DigitalLove said:
BT!! Will you get them bloody pics sorted out woman!! I wanna see!!! lolol

Hey Digi!

You do know we only got ONE photo dont you with Bman??
There is a bit of a story there!!

I hope the damn thing comes out!!!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: We met Bono in Dublin yesterday!!

Bono's Tart said:
psst my offer still stands about researching Bono!!!!!!!!!!!!lol!!;

LOL! I still seriously want to do a book on all our "Bono Chasing." :D Or should I say, "bono chaser" lol... But, y'know, I'd hate to end up with a book like that one with that gorgeous pic of him on the front, but then that's like the best part of the whole book, lol. :rolleyes: But I do have a friend who has been on me to actually write the book, so I just might... :hmm: But maybe I'll wait until I have a little bit more experience! :wink:

Hi

Hi, I'm the other Julie that met BT in Dublin who shot the mini video. And what better person to go Bono hunting with!!!
I really don't know how I managed to shoot that video. All I can remember after he signed my photos was thinking that I didn't really want to start snapping photos as we were inside the studio and thought the flash going off would be a bit off putting (stupid I know, I think he'll be used to that by now!) Anyway, I remembered that the camera had 20 secs of video on it, so off I went. Honestly, my hands were shaking so it was a miracle it came out at all. When he left us and we went outside, I was laughing and crying all at the same time! It was a fab weekend before that happended, that was just the icing on the cake!
btw thanks again to fellow zootop cameraman for posting the video and piccies on his website!

Julie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You made it in here then???
I am going to march Michelle into the photo shop with that film!!! I must get a digital camera for our next trip!!!!

We had a great time what a weekend!!

You mean she hasn't had it developed yet, blimey I would have been outside the door last Tuesday morning asking for a 1 hour developing service!! Come on Michelle, get your finger out. I need proof that I actually met him (lol) I'm not on my piccy :(
Yes it was a fab weekend, I got rather depressed for a while last week and all day yesterday, I was thinking "this time last week we were......" Can't wait to go back! btw, did you say you met Gavin Friday after I left?

Yes about 10 minutes after you had to go he pulled up in a taxi!! It was so funny we shouted Hi to him and he turned,smiled waved and looked at us so we told him P&W City hall and he said"oh the girls from Hull!" Looked like he had some artwork under his arm but couldnt see what it was. Then Edge pulled up into the garage and surprise surprise Larry drove straight past us never even looked!! Again!!
Mind you I can still see Bono's face and hear him laugh when I told him about Larry on the Friday!!

Our group pic with Bono is up on the website now if anyone wants to take a look!!
Very nice pic of Bono!!

Mullen-Girl said:
Wow that's pretty kewl!!! I wish we had a video camera when we were in the studio! Great thinking!!! Looks like everyone had a blast!!! :D

Errr... Well... Uhm... We HAD actually... but I forgot to take ot from my bag :-/ I know I know... Iama :censored: :mad: :angry: :rant: :censored: :huh:

Back
Top Bottom