we hugged bono in miami !!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

angelofdublin

The Fly
hi fellow pleba-girls (and boys?),

we (bonolady and i) finally found the time to write down our story of miami.

It all started the 29th of november 2004. there was a contest on dutch radio, in which you could win a trip to the opening night in march in miami.
bonolady and i thougth: this has got be ours (just give us what we want and no one gets hurt, you know:wink: ).
she would send text messages the first day, and then i would do the same the next day and so on.
but then, on the first day, the radiostation called us to say we won a prize. at first we thougth it would be a cd, but it was the trip to miami!!!!:yes:
i'd never been to america before, so you can imagine how happy i was :happy: :happy:
but then, january arrived and there was bad news, the tour was postponed. they kept us waiting for weeks and weeks, but then finally, we got a letter that said we were still going to miami, but in november. so, after nine shows in europe this summer, it was kind of like a dessert....

bonolady, go ahead to tell some more....

Last edited:
We counted days...and nights and days...... But on Nov 12th we left for Miami and 10 hrs later we touched the ground at.... yummie Miami. We stayed in the Dorchester hotel, and after we did check in, we went out on the streets to discover Miami....The hotel where the band stayed was just a 50 meter walk...holy...:silent: :crazy:.... Next day soundcheck at the AA Arena...but no band, Dallas Schoo came out to tell this, he was very very nice !! (Hi Dallas....) :wink:
But....there is only ONE real thing!!!!!!!

34565%3B2%3B23232%7Ffp336%3Enu%3D323%3B%3E%3B79%3E884%3EWSNRCG%3D323335%3C54%3B327nu0mrj

Last edited:
Because Dallas told us there wouldn't be a soundcheck, we went back to miami beach and returned later for the show.

The show was a lot different from the shows in europe, where the stadiums were very huge. this was more intimate. bono gave welcome to the dutch fans, he knew in what section we were, and we had to wave:wave:

after the show we went to an afterparty in south beach, where we met a bono-wannabe....
60-Finnegans-Pub-13-11-05.jpg

we sang a song together, and it was very nice, but no one beats the real thing.....:bono:

Next day we were still on cloud nine. We decided to go to the beach and dream it all up again what happened in Miami..... Angel her feet hurt and we decided to stay and walk on the beach instead of the pavement. After this walk we put on our shoes and at that moment we finished doing that, we saw a group of camera people move and...we saw a straw hat......oh my God it was HIM !!! :combust: He had no time to stop because he was very busy. But then we said: "hi Bono you know us.... we're from Holland". He stopped immediately and said: "Hey..you!!!....girls from Holland!!"He took some time for us and said to John (bodyguard) "it's okay" and John made some space for us to get to Bono... He hugged and kissed......!!!!! :combust: :censored: :love:

34565%3B2%3B23232%7Ffp336%3Enu%3D323%3B%3E%3B79%3E884%3EWSNRCG%3D323335%3C543479nu0mrj

Last edited:
as you can see in our avatars, it wasn't the first time we met him, but OMG, i was shaking all over when i looked up and the first thing i saw was that hat. that thing looks so familiar:lol:

here's my pic (sorry for the size, i don't want to boast but i don't know how to get it smaller)

Afbeelding069.jpg

we were so happy he stopped for us, we wanted to say a lot of things, but there was no time....
altogether, this trip was a complete dream, what more can you ask for?

Bono (and of course the rest of U2): thanks for giving a great summer. We love u..

:love: :love: :love: :love:

That is so cool. :up:

With three shows to go for me, I'm almost positive that Miami will go down the best two days of the tour for me.

angelofdublin said:
as you can see in our avatars, it wasn't the first time we met him, but OMG, i was shaking all over when i looked up and the first thing i saw was that hat. that thing looks so familiar:lol:

here's my pic (sorry for the size, i don't want to boast but i don't know how to get it smaller)

Afbeelding069.jpg

we were so happy he stopped for us, we wanted to say a lot of things, but there was no time....
altogether, this trip was a complete dream, what more can you ask for?

Bono (and of course the rest of U2): thanks for giving a great summer. We love u..

:love: :love: :love: :love:

:combust: :drool:

bonolady said:
Wow Kelly !!! He looks good on the pic.......look at the wind playing with his hair.....:wink:
hey dallas is cute!
lol the last time I saw him was from far away ;)
And Bono pointing him out saying, "look at him go!" He was out on the Ellipse doing something with Edgie's guitar...switching possibly...

Anywho, B is smokin! You girls are lucky!!! :combust:

OMG girls! awesome story!:wink: Beautiful pics of B:drool: and you both! What a surreal time huh! And Dallas is a great guy too. I got a chance to talk with him after the Vegas 2 show.
My dream is get a hug and pic with B... I have one more chance next year...<crosses fingers...:ohmy:

Congratulations ladies! :love:

And yes Erin, that'd be Gabe! :D You need to get over to the Cleveland thread girlie! :sexywink:

great pictures!!!!!! thanks for sharing the story...i'm so glad you had an amazing trip to Miami :)

Excellent story, ladies!! :D :love:

And Dallas... too cute! :drool: (Kelly, how tall are you? He's towering over you!!)

Thanks for the inspiration, and pics, ladies! :D

GracelandHarley said:
Excellent story, ladies!! :D :love:

And Dallas... too cute! :drool: (Kelly, how tall are you? He's towering over you!!)

Thanks for the inspiration, and pics, ladies! :D

Maybe we were standing on a hill, I didn't realize I was that short :lol:.

Sorry ruff, I don't know what's in the bag. I didn't notice it until I saw the picture :reject:.

That is so awesome!!! I am so happy for you guys.. I was there waiting for the sound check and saw you guys! I am so happy that you got to meet him! That is amazing! He looks so nice in those pictures!!! :drool:

Oh That's great!! Excellent story :)

You saw him at the beach and he looked so good :drool:

I was in South Beach that same afternoon and missed him :sad: (I'm still kicking myself for that) but I got to see him later when he was filming outside the arena. :love:

I saw you girls with your pleba shirts waiting on sunday for them to arrive.

Congrats and I'm so happy you had such a nice trip! :D

bonolady said:
Oh yeah, we also saw the Edge, the genious, very very nice man :hug: !!!! ....but we had to make a choice there was no time.......:wink:

34565%3B6723232%7Ffp336%3Enu%3D323%3B%3E%3B79%3E884%3EWSNRCG%3D323335%3C54347%3Bnu0mrj

You see that hand that Edge is using to hold his phone....that's the same hand shook my hand later that day:edge: :heart: :edge: :love:

Great story ladies. What a wonderful memory to take back to Holland with you.

Back
Top Bottom