Wasn't anyone in Chicago last night? Stories and pics please!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Kitten

Blue Crack Addict
I haven't seen much of anything on last night's Chicago show, and nothing on PLEBA! If you're back, and you're awake and sober, please tell your stories and post your pics!

SheIsRaging and LarryMullen'sPopAngel (kathleen and april) were both there!!!! I just got an email from Kathleen and I'm bouncing out of my chair- apparently April and Kristina (LadyLemon) got Larry's drumsticks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kathleen got press passes for tonight's show!! Awesome!! can't wait to hear a full detailed report from the girls!!!
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

------------------
Love is a temple
Love the higher law

Go baby! -->* www.u2takemehigher.com *<--Updated w/ new song!

AHH I'm so happy for April! Thanks for the report Carrie! I hope they will post their adventures soon!

I was there too... my seats were behind the stage. But me and a friend of mine got to the United Center around 2 and waited by the loading dock for almost 2 and a half hours for the band. They showed up at about 4:15 and didn't stop. They did wave though. Bono's bodyguard came out and told us that Bono wanted to apologize for not stopping, that they were running very late (over an hour and 20 mins) and that they got held up at the canadian border. So we waited after the show but found out that they had left RIGHT away, as soon as the lights went down on stage. So I was very disappointed that I did not get to meet my boys, but maybe next time. I would have gone back today, except I REALLY had to get back to Champaign seeing as how i've got midterms this week. *sigh* So I am a bit depressed. But my seats ended up being very close to the stage. Larry was maybe 20 feet away from me at best. I just hope that the pics I took turn out okay. I'll let you know when they get developed.
smile.gif
At least I got to see them pull in... in the flesh! Well, that's my story. I did run into two other PLEBA girls, one was a lurker and hasn't registered yet (HEY, IF YOU"RE READING THIS, GET YER ARSE MOVIN AND REGISTER!!
biggrin.gif
) and I hate to do this, but I do not remember what the other girls screenname was... *sigh* I apologize profusely!!
frown.gif
I'm awful with names.

------------------
"From an artist's point of view, failure is where you get your best material." -Bono

"Sunrises are God's hit singles. Do the big number first and then just get on with the rest of the show." -Bono.

My feeble attempt at a website:
U2's Heartland

Everything seems surreal!!!! Amazing show!!

------------------
Proud owner of Larry's Drumstick!

Still Elevated...

I never post here, but i was at the show last night and it was unreal!!!! I was so emotionally and physically drained last night after the show. I also got a chance to meet Bono before the show as they were entering the United Center

I heard about all your grand adventures and I congratulate you!! Sounds like everyone is having such good luck, maybe it'll rub off on the rest of us!! Thanks for telling us!

U2One, tell us how you met Bono!! Any pics?

I was there last night (Tuesday)! It was definitely an emotionally charged show. I was outside the heart, a little right of the tip. They did a full band version of Desire at the tip, and it was great! I was so close to all of them, and Adam was *right* in front of me. I should have pictures on Friday, so if there are any good ones I'll post them.

LOL, Bonavoix! It was Hallelujah Here She Comes and I who talked to you coming in on Monday. Hallelujah is registered, she just doesn't post here all that much. Anyway, it was cool to meet fellow Interference people!
Both concerts were so amazing. We had 3rd tier seats Monday, but they were more next to the stage than behind it. (The people across the aisle from us had $85 tickets.) We saw April and Kristina get the drumsticks from Larry from up in our perch, and we couldn't BELIEVE it!!! It was so awesome. Hallelujah and I were screaming with glee and we were about a mile away from them.

We got in line immediately after the show for Tuesday's GA. We froooooze, but it was completely worth it as we wound up against the rail directly in front of Adam (also prime Larry view
biggrin.gif
) for the concert. As I said in a previous thread, we made a Larry drumstick sign which he read and smiled at, but the stick went, alas, to the girl next to us.
smile.gif
She did have a nicer sign. It was funny, though, because Larry came over and kind of smiled at us all after the concert. Obviously he wanted to give the stick to the other girl, but he sort of tossed it over -- couldn't bring himself to just hand it to her and directly disappoint us I guess.
wink.gif
It was all good.

U2One, which side of the fence were you on? My friends and I were also there when Bono arrived Tuesday. We were on the side he got out on -- I was the one who asked him whether he would mind if I took a picture of him, and he said "No.." in an amused sort of voice and added "We're going to a photo shoot!" So if my picture turns out I'll try to post it somewhere. My other concert pics too.

Oh god, I'm SO JEALOUS!!! You girls got to meet them and they just drove past us when I was there Monday!! You have no idea how upset I was tuesday... you have NO IDEA how tempted I was to say "fuck midterms" and stay tuesday just to meet them... I know it shouldn't be such a big deal and i'm kinda pissed at myself for making it this big, but i seriously did not crack a smile at all tuesday... that's how upset i was... it was pure torture, like everything I'd wanted was right in front of me and I couldn't reach it. Argh...

Anyway, I'm done venting now... don't feel guilty anybody, I'm sorry if I made anyone feel bad, but it was disappointing that the one day they didn't stop was the only day I could be there. *sigh* Ah, well next tour. Next tour I'll have GA's, next tour I'll meet them... I just hope my pics came out...

My god am I under a lot of stress this week.... sorry if I seem bitchy, but i've got 5 midterms, 4 rehersals and 2 concerts this week, in addition to the U2 concert this past Monday... I skipped a rehersal and a midterm for it. Seriously, Friday's gonna get here and I'm gonna be shouting for joy. On top of all this, my dad just lost his job and may not be able to come see me this weekend. That would crack me totally... first U2 then not seeing my dad... *sigh*

Ok, I'm really done now... sorry for making you all read this... *Bonavoix crawls away ashamed*

And Mirrorball Girl and Hallelujah Here She Comes, it was GREAT talking to you Monday.. it was a blast. My seats ended up being pretty close to the stage... like Larry was about 20 feet away from me at best... granted I was staring at his backside (is that a BAD thing?), but still... it was very close.

------------------
"From an artist's point of view, failure is where you get your best material." -Bono

"Sunrises are God's hit singles. Do the big number first and then just get on with the rest of the show." -Bono.

U2's Heartland

Here is a pic a guy sent me of him meeting Bono in Chicago! So far it's the ONLY pic of any band member in Chicago! With a city that size, I couldn't believe it, not even the newspaper had one!
Yp99492.jpg

That's one lucky and happy fan!
Check out the peace sign button on Bono's hat.

Now, this next one, he called 'Bono's saggy ass.' All I can say is, "BONO, PLEASE bring back the FLY pants!!"
eek.gif

Yu33938.jpg

------------------
"Walk On, stay safe tonight"

[This message has been edited by U2Kitten (edited 10-17-2001).]

Ohhhh, I'm sorry Bonavoix.
frown.gif
I really wish they would have come out Monday for you. If it makes you feel any better, Bono didn't, like, hang around on Tuesday or anything. Edge didn't even get out (although we could see him giggling in the back of the car.) I don't know where that guy in the photo met Bono, but it wasn't where we all were. Don't worry about sounding "bitchy," because I completely understand where you're coming from. School work is rapidly closing in on me, as well, and I can't believe I've been to my last Elevation concert. When emotions are running high and you've been under a lot of stress for awhile (although in the case of concerts, mostly good stress) even the smallest things can seem huge. I'm so sorry about your dad, too. But try to cheer up, think about the awesome concert you witnessed on Monday, think about Larry's arse
biggrin.gif
and just hold on until Friday. It was wonderful meeting you while we were all jammed into the entrance on Monday! Hey, at least it was warm in there. And what was up with that security guard at the door? He made Hallelujah check her Joshua Tree album, yet didn't seem to feel the need to search anything of mine. Okaaaay...

I'm sorry to hear that Bonavoix. You're not alone. I've tried 4 times this tour to meet them, and I've never had any luck.
frown.gif
In Albany I left 5 minutes before Adam came out and sign autographs. I guess some people are just lucky and they'Re at the right place at the right time. My friend met Bono three times and met also met Larry, Adam and Edge. She has got all of their autographs.
smile.gif

Oh well. One day...

Hey U2Kitten, if I e-mailed you a photo could you post it? I got my pictures back today but I have no way to post them. I have a rather entertaining one of Bono arriving Tuesday. His eyes are closed, but it's still pretty good.
biggrin.gif

------------------
"don't let go, you've got the music in you..."

Originally posted by Bonavoix:
I did run into two other PLEBA girls, one was a lurker and hasn't registered yet (HEY, IF YOU"RE READING THIS, GET YER ARSE MOVIN AND REGISTER!!
biggrin.gif
) and I hate to do this, but I do not remember what the other girls screenname was... *sigh* I apologize profusely!!
frown.gif
I'm awful with names.

See, I am registered!
smile.gif
I really do exist! I'm so glad we got to talk, Bonavoix. Glad you got a prime view of Larry's rear (they should charge extra for those seats
wink.gif
) I think Mirrorball girl has covered pretty much everything about our fabulous concert experience, but she forgot to mention our oh so amusing sign for Adam that we never actually held up. It said "Adam = *Stud*" which is, as the woman standing next to me pointed out "amusing, yet true." Unfortunately, we forgot about the sign until late in the concert, and after that there wasn't really an appropriate time to hold it up. Somehow, watching the names of the victims on the hijacked planes during "one" didn't seem to jive well with "Adam = *Stud*" Ah, well, at least I got to gaze upon him for a full two hours. Sparky rules!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
"I buy socks."
-Adam, when asked what he does with the money he would have spent on drink.

"The babes, the feast, and the toga conspire to give Adam the bearing of a Caesar (one of the late, inbred, lunatic Caesars, perhaps, but a Caesar nonetheless.)"
-Bill Flanagan, at an after-concert soiree with the band and Co.

"We're thinking of playing a show in Chicago every Monday night. What do you think? We could get a place here. Edge could open up a corner grocery. Ok, a hardware store. Larry could open a securities business. Adam could be Larry's body guard."
-Bono, Chicago: 10-16-01

I did run into two other PLEBA girls, one was a lurker and hasn't registered yet (HEY, IF YOU"RE READING THIS, GET YER ARSE MOVIN AND REGISTER!!
biggrin.gif
frown.gif
I'm awful with names.

See, I am registered!
smile.gif
I really do exist! I'm so glad we got to talk, Bonavoix. Glad you got a prime view of Larry's rear (they should charge extra for those seats
wink.gif
) I think Mirrorball girl has covered pretty much everything about our fabulous concert experience, but she forgot to mention our oh so amusing sign for Adam that we never actually held up. It said "Adam = *Stud*" which is, as the woman standing next to me pointed out "amusing, yet true." Unfortunately, we forgot about the sign until late in the concert, and after that there wasn't really an appropriate time to hold it up. Somehow, watching the names of the victims on the hijacked planes during "one" didn't seem to jive well with "Adam = *Stud*" Ah, well, at least I got to gaze upon him for a full two hours. Sparky rules!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
"I buy socks."
-Adam, when asked what he does with the money he would have spent on drink.

"The babes, the feast, and the toga conspire to give Adam the bearing of a Caesar (one of the late, inbred, lunatic Caesars, perhaps, but a Caesar nonetheless.)"
-Bill Flanagan, at an after-concert soiree with the band and Co.

"We're thinking of playing a show in Chicago every Monday night. What do you think? We could get a place here. Edge could open up a corner grocery. Ok, a hardware store. Larry could open a securities business. Adam could be Larry's body guard."
-Bono, Chicago: 10-16-01

Originally posted by U2Kitten:
Yp99492.jpg

Yu33938.jpg

Bono looks really devious. And let me get this straight, the GUY took the picture of his ass?

------------------
Tha Prickly Comedian

Originally posted by Mirrorball Girl:
Ohhhh, I'm sorry Bonavoix.
frown.gif
I really wish they would have come out Monday for you. If it makes you feel any better, Bono didn't, like, hang around on Tuesday or anything. Edge didn't even get out (although we could see him giggling in the back of the car.) I don't know where that guy in the photo met Bono, but it wasn't where we all were. Don't worry about sounding "bitchy," because I completely understand where you're coming from. School work is rapidly closing in on me, as well, and I can't believe I've been to my last Elevation concert. When emotions are running high and you've been under a lot of stress for awhile (although in the case of concerts, mostly good stress) even the smallest things can seem huge. I'm so sorry about your dad, too. But try to cheer up, think about the awesome concert you witnessed on Monday, think about Larry's arse
biggrin.gif
and just hold on until Friday. It was wonderful meeting you while we were all jammed into the entrance on Monday! Hey, at least it was warm in there. And what was up with that security guard at the door? He made Hallelujah check her Joshua Tree album, yet didn't seem to feel the need to search anything of mine. Okaaaay...

Yeah, he was a real jackass. Then the girl at the check-in place was such a BITCH. Christine and I were so tempted to write in and complain. It just added to my bad mood. It's good to know I'm not alone with how I've been feeling lately... but my whole viewpoint now is that there'll be other tours, and other opportunities for me to meet them... I guess the lesson here is not to go into anything with real high expectations, because when it doesn't happen...
frown.gif
Anyway, Hallelujah Here She Comes, come to think of it I do remember some of your posts... but i could have sworn you said you weren't registered. Ah well...

Hey I gotta go, yeah I'm runnin outta change...

In other words I gotta go eat dinner.
smile.gif
Later.

------------------

U2's Heartland

Yeah, he was a real jackass. Then the girl at the check-in place was such a BITCH. Christine and I were so tempted to write in and complain.

YES!!!!!! She was SO evil! Hallelujah gave her the Joshua Tree album and she slapped down a number and muttered, "Gate 6." So we were like, "Huh?" Thinking, we have to go to gate 6 now or what? And the bitchwoman yells "THIS IS GATE 6!" We were like, "I'd hate to see what she's like after the concert..." and what do you know, we did anyway. Hallelujah left right after the concert to go get our Tuesday tickets (which we'd foolishly left at her apartment assuming we would be back there - ha!) So it was up to me to get the album. I had the check-in number so I made my way to Gate 6 and the bitch was still there as well as another lady. I gave it to the nonbitch, and she went to get the bag with the album . . . but then Bitch spoke up. "She didn't bring this! She is *not* the one who brought that here! It is not hers!" I was like, "Um, yeah, my friend did. The one I was standing behind? I know what's *in* there." So the evil woman kept yelling, while the nice woman just handed me the bag and made a "Get out of here! While you still can!" face at me. Ahhhh. That's service for you.
wink.gif

------------------

Originally posted by Mirrorball Girl:
Hey U2Kitten, if I e-mailed you a photo could you post it? I got my pictures back today but I have no way to post them. I have a rather entertaining one of Bono arriving Tuesday. His eyes are closed, but it's still pretty good.

biggrin.gif

Mirrorball girl! Sorry, I had already left for my show when you posted this so I didn't see it. Someone told me about it and I just found it. If you still want me to post them email me at u2kitten@yahoo.com and I'd be glad to!
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by U2Kitten (edited 10-21-2001).]

Sure, U2Kitten. I have some pretty good ones, I'll send a few your way. Thanks!

------------------
"Those U2 songs, they seem to have a lot of big feelings in them."
--Bono, Details interview

"He...never...shuts...up."
--Sheila Roche, on Bono

Back
Top Bottom