was there ever an in gods country music video ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bloodysunday972

War Child
was there ever a in gods country music video ?

I thought I saw it but I didnt have real media so I couldnt check what it was but anyway did they ever do a video for it cause it was a single?

Yes, there is a video of the song. I have seen it on MTV and also it is in the u2 documentary "Outside it's America".

I think In God's Country was released as a single but just in some countries. 10000 copies in formats 7", 12" and cassette were made for Canada, also it was released in US. It was also released in Brazil, but just as promotional copies. Correct me if I'm wrong, please.

I looked for the single in ebay and here's the result:

1385.jpg

HOT COVER!! :combust:

There is a little bit of IGC played to JT era scenes in the Making of the Joshua Tree classic albums video, but I think it's mostly just scenes from the Spanish Eyes video. Still hot though!

SpanishEyes21 said:
There is a video for In God's Country. The video is all Bono, you dont see Larry, Edge or Adam.

I DON'T MIND!! :drool: Sounds hot Martha! :combust:

Is this from that Outside it's America show? Sula said once she had a copy. I remember watching that in the 80's on MTV but haven't seen it since.

That cover is for the 45 rpm record version of "In God's Country". The song was released in the U.S. and charted just shy of the Top 40. There was no CD single for this song, and the b-sides were just two JT album tracks (one was "Bullet..." and "Running to Stand Still"). U2 was so popular at the time in the U.K., that this song charted just outside of the Top 40 on the U.K. charts - but as an IMPORT only!!

That same cover was used for "One Tree Hill", which was released as a 45 rpm single only in New Zealand. This record has the same b-sides. What makes this "special" though (other than the fact it was released only in New Zealand") is a special lyric sheet. Therefore, if you ever come across a rare copy of the 45 rpm record for "One Tree Hill" - first, be sure NOT to confuse it with "In God's Country". Second, be sure it has the lyric sheet - otherwise its value is severely decreased.

As for the video, I don't think there is anything official, other than the special ("Outside It's America") that people have mentioned above.

By the way, that is an outstanding pic of Bono - one of my favorite from JT.

bono singing "still haven't found" acappella on the railroad tracks at gila bend...pure heaven. i have "outside it's america" recorded on good ol' vhs. straight offa mtv.

Back
Top Bottom