Was that Bono on my flight?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ramblin rose said:
On the way back from Hawaii in 2006 Larry was in the security line next to me with all his family having to take out all his liquids from their carry on baggage and having to take of his shoes to go through the metal detector.

You dirty rat, Rosa. DO tell more!!!

U2387 said:

No I do not, but it is out there somewhere. Just google Boston Bono impersonator or Boston Globe Bono impersonator, they had an article. As for Carrie, dont worry, his name has been out there for a while, just a crackpot who has exactly what he wants now in terms of attention. Not important.

Hi U2387

I know that the Boston guy deserves all he gets.... :mad:

But despite that, we don't really know that this was him... I was just saying that if it wasn't in this case, it would be unfair to accuse him.... even though that P guy is a prat!!!! LOL

I saw a picture on the Reuters picture site... and it was this guy and they REALLY thought it was Bono, talking at a function. They were reporting it as news like he was the real deal! It amazes me that people actually think it is our B!!! I mean, isn't Bono famous enough that people would know what he really looks like?!

Amazing

Carrie

Carrie Anderson said:

Hi U2387

I know that the Boston guy deserves all he gets.... :mad:

But despite that, we don't really know that this was him... I was just saying that if it wasn't in this case, it would be unfair to accuse him.... even though that P guy is a prat!!!! LOL

I saw a picture on the Reuters picture site... and it was this guy and they REALLY thought it was Bono, talking at a function. They were reporting it as news like he was the real deal! It amazes me that people actually think it is our B!!! I mean, isn't Bono famous enough that people would know what he really looks like?!

Amazing

Hi Carrie

Lol, people did take that guy VERY seriously. The tan threw it off for me. Point well taken, probably should not have accused him, who knows how many imposteurs we have out there. Anyways, if the real Bono hangs around Boston, people usually know as they have a special relationship w/ the city going back to 1980. He has his favorite places, etc. People in Boston are down to earth and pretty much let them go about their business, but they are certainly seen around. Boston is a big city with a small town feel. Larry is known to eat at the Radius in Boston when they are in town.

-Greg

Carrie

Boston sounds a lot like Dublin, Greg. Same there with the way people just let the guys go about their business. A true Dub would never be seen to be uncool enough to be impressed by U2!!! :lol:

Carrie

Carrie Anderson said:
Boston sounds a lot like Dublin, Greg. Same there with the way people just let the guys go about their business. A true Dub would never be seen to be uncool enough to be impressed by U2!!! :lol:

Carrie

I found this to be SO true when I Was in Dublin in October! I'd mention being a U2 fan when striking up conversations with the locals and they'd react like it was no ig deal and I was told of how the lads are seen around town all the time and just go about their usual business and blend in like an everyday ordinary person not a universal rock star like they are. No way the lads could walk the streets and do the things they do at home in the States! They'd be mobbed!

Back
Top Bottom