Was Clayton Invited To Band Aid 2?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
beau2ifulday said:

:tsk:

Jick, I don't know how you intended this, but it sounds very contemptful and very bitter.

Sorry if I rubbed it off the wrong way. But I am saying that most of the time, U2 does need Clayton to keep on going. Without Clayton they wouldn't be U2.

Cheers,

J

Why does it even matter? I don't go around complaining that Edge was snubbed back in 84. In the grand scheme of life does it matter?

Lisa71 said:
Why does it even matter? I don't go around complaining that Edge was snubbed back in 84. In the grand scheme of life does it matter?

Does it matter to ask if Clayton was invited or not? Check out the title. For some people this may matter, just as some people think the brand of Bono's sunglasses matter (I don't).

I have seen the video of Band Aid20 and it can be confirmed, Clayton is not part of it. So I guess this closes the case.

Cheers,

J

bammo2 said:
Paul McCartney is playing bass on band aid 20. personally, I don't think adam will be gutted to be 'replaced' by Paul McCartney....

PS this isn't Band Aid 2. Band Aid 2 happened in 1989 :D

I don't think Clayton played bass back in 1984. I think he was there to provide moral support to Bono and he sang in the "feed the world" portion. So it would be conflict to Paul McCartney.

Why is wasn't allowed to provide moral support to Bono this time, and give some helping vocals in the group singing bit is beyond me. I don't know why those good-for-nothing execs for Band Aid20 snubbed Clayton.

Cheers,

J

jick said:

I don't think Clayton played bass back in 1984. I think he was there to provide moral support to Bono and he sang in the "feed the world" portion. So it would be conflict to Paul McCartney.

Why is wasn't allowed to provide moral support to Bono this time, and give some helping vocals in the group singing bit is beyond me. I don't know why those good-for-nothing execs for Band Aid20 snubbed Clayton.

Cheers,

J

Bono doesn't need moral support anymore he's 44 not 24. He's got a lot more confidence on himself nowadays I think. Thinking about it now, I think Adam deserves an award for being such an amazing friend and going there with Bono in the middle of all those pop stars. The man truly rocks! :bow: Thanks for making me see that even further now Jick. :up:

Windmilllane said:
Blasphemy!!!!!

Don't you ever call Adam the weakest link!!!!

Got it!!!!

Adam Charles Clayton rules!!!!!!

Indeed he does! :yes:

Cheers,

:)

After "forcing" myself to view the video and making of band aid video many times I see no evidence of Adam. Sting and the guy from Duran Duran were playing bass. I don't remember if Paul McCartney was but Adam definately was not.

u2granny said:
After "forcing" myself to view the video and making of band aid video many times I see no evidence of Adam. Sting and the guy from Duran Duran were playing bass. I don't remember if Paul McCartney was but Adam definately was not.

Clayton did not play the bass but he was there playing those mock guitars. Watch the vid again.

Cheers,

J

jick said:

Clayton did not play the bass but he was there playing those mock guitars. Watch the vid again.

Cheers,

J

Whoa! I just watched the video again, I stand corrected, Clayton wasn't one of those playing the mock guitars. But Clayton's name appears on the credits of the cd single of the song I have. And I read elsewhere that Clayton was part of the original Band Aid.

Cheers,

J

Back
Top Bottom