WARDROBE CALAMITY!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrs. Edge

Bono's Belly Dancing Friend
Oh, this SUCKS!!!
mad.gif

Today when I got home there were NO Prop tix of course, but there WAS my package from Abercrombie & Fitch. "OH BOY!" Says me. Finally I can dress up Steve in his new #8 shirt!

So I open the box, and pull out with the very tips of my fingers, the tiniest little babydoll shirt you have EVER SEEN. This thing is a women's large, but I thought it was a NORMAL T shirt, the kind that would be big on me, and fitted on Steve! This thing barely fits me, and although I'm not the tiny dancer Disco keeps saying I am, I'm not a hippo either. This thing probably wouldn't get past Steve's shoulders!!!!

What am I going to do now? I NEED A NUMBER SHIRT FOR THE GA LINE!!!! I AM ARTSY CRAFTSY CHALLENGED!!! This is my plan to get a pic with Edge! I just know he'd go for a pic with his very own clone and little me!

AAAAHHHHHHH! The only good thing about this is 8 is my favourite number and now I have an outfit for the shows.

But what am I going to do? I implore you for practical answers.

Hmm, I'm kind of challenged in the clothes making department as well, but lemme think. Ok, well first of all, are there any other stores that are like A & F where you live? I know around these parts they have stores like American Eagle, and I think they'd have number shirts. You could do a search online for it. And while you're checking that, look at the A&F website and maybe they'll have number shirts for guys. If worse comes to worse, go to some sort of fabric store and see if they have iron on numbers or something. I don't know how well that would work though. Sorry if this advice sucks! I'll write later if I think of more solutions.

------------------
"All right I'll eat your- eat your shorts?!!"

jess, i think you should make your own! how hard could it be? ...lol, maybe that's a bad statement. heavy on the bedazzle!

------------------
?Hard as it is to keep it together, it is still possible to have those moments when it?s just the four of you being able to keep the rest of the world out... and that?s what it?s all about.?
-Adam

Love,
Emily

She wore lemon, but never in the daylight...

Ok Jess, I found a shirt, it's long-sleeved, but it has a number on it, haha! Go to this link, it should work. If a weird page comes up saying they are updating the site or something, just refresh the page. You have to do that a lot. I don't even know if this is the type of shirt you'd want, but it'd look cool bedazzled!!!

Actually the link I posted sucks and doesn't work. So just go to www.ae.com and go to the clearance section. Look at men's t-shirts, and it should be there. Blah, sorry if I'm not helping any!

[This message has been edited by mocool12 (edited 10-02-2001).]

Jess

Do you have Old Navy stores? They have them in the men's dept-it is for your hubby, right?

They have a web site too-but maybe I'd better not post it here. Anyway- the addy is pretty straightforward.

Thanks Molly!

The only problem is I'd have to order this, and by the time it got here, it might be too late. Plus, I don't have a bedazzler and I'm VERY LAZY. I guess I'll drop by the Old Navy Store (Thanks GM!) on the weekend and see what they have.

This is going to be a very artsy craftsy weekend (horrors!) Not only do I have to make a shirt, but I have to make SIGNAGE and my PLEBA TAG!!! Yowza!
eek.gif

Originally posted by mocool12:
Ok Jess, I found a shirt, it's long-sleeved, but it has a number on it, haha! Go to this link, it should work. If a weird page comes up saying they are updating the site or something, just refresh the page. You have to do that a lot. I don't even know if this is the type of shirt you'd want, but it'd look cool bedazzled!!!

Actually the link I posted sucks and doesn't work. So just go to www.ae.com and go to the clearance section. Look at men's t-shirts, and it should be there. Blah, sorry if I'm not helping any!

[This message has been edited by mocool12 (edited 10-02-2001).]

Well, maybe you could have one of those t-shirt shops make it for you, I did and it only cost $17(i'm also unable to be crafty
biggrin.gif
) my shirt is red w/a big yellow 3, and the 3 is in a rectangular black box, the only thing missing are the sparkles.

------------------
'listen as hope and peace try to rhyme' -*POP*

"Irish people are like Texans" -Bono, 4-3-01

What would Jesus Not do?

Thanks for the idea Valvenus8! I emailed this custom Tshirt company all kinds of Edge pics - asking if they would mind getting this ready for me by Wed at the latest! LOL.

Also, the National Ballet's wardrobe dep't is now in the act, and they are possibly going to do this for me.

Maybe I will have a shirt after all!!

Stay tuned....
biggrin.gif

Back
Top Bottom