Wake Up Dead Man: Part 1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SimplyConfused

War Child
Bowie was right! There IS life on Mars! Well, Newc
This is my first U2 fan fiction. I've written stories before but I got a BRAIN WAVE and I couldn't let it go to waste now, could I?

Disclaimer: This is NOT real. I'm telling you. HA! I wish it was! Well, actually, I'm glad it's not real! (You'll find out why when you read it)

OK:

My father went missing on 3rd November 2005. Five years ago. For five years, I’ve had to live without him.

We were all shocked and distraught when he never came home. Of course ma took it hard. She was his wife and they were very much in love.

My younger sister, Eve… well she just went into denial. Accepting that she may never see her father again was hard for her, but she did so in the end, getting on with life.

Elijah seemed to accept it at first, but then withdrew from everything. Stopped trying at school, stopped eating, sitting alone in his room for hours on end. He had to see a doctor in the end up.

John was too young for it to have the full impact on him, but it certainly affected his development. He knew his dad wasn’t there anymore, but he thought he was only on a ‘holiday’ or on tour, like they did so often. It broke my heart when someone rang the doorbell. He would be rushing to answer it, yelling, “It’s Da! It’s Da!” At first anyway. Then he wouldn’t do it so often. He eventually came to the realisation, just like his sister, that he may never see his father again.

Me? Well, I knew he wasn’t dead. He just couldn’t be. He would come back sometime. He wouldn’t just leave me here, would he? He was in my life for sixteen years and then one day BAM! He’s gone. He was my father, he is my father, the only dad for me. Jojo he used to called me. I miss being called that.

Of course, all of this was greatly exaggerated by the media, making it harder for us to live our lives like we had done. But of course, we could never live our lives like we had done. Without him there. But then again, the media would greatly exaggerate anything that had to do with someone famous. He was the lead singer of a massive rock band, wasn’t he? Oh. I forgot about the band.

After he disappeared, they couldn’t carry on. Despite what Larry said, they just could not carry on without their lead singer. Indeed, they could not carry on without any of their members. No one could replace him, in the band or in our family. Edge, Larry and Adam just got on with their lives, accepting the same as us. That he was not coming back.

It’s 2010 now, and it’s not such a big deal anymore. Well, for the media. But there’s not a day that goes by where I don’t think of him.

Wow... a lot shorter on here... But it will be longer... Part 2...

SimplyConfused said:
I have an obsession with creating drama, be it as fiction on in my life. You'll have to wait for the next part to see...

Your fic looks like its gonna be quite angsty, which im a big fan of! Hope you post the next part soon :)

Jo.

Very interesting start...quite the tear jerker....I am interested in seeing what turns out.:up:

Back
Top Bottom