VH1 Preshow...OMG Larry one word...HOT!!!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Party Girl_75

War Child
My Gah, can this guy get any better looking? I think I would have attacked him if I were the interviewer...If anyone watched this and were able to take pics...please post them!!! Of course Bono and Edge looked pretty damn hot as well...
smile.gif

opaltranquility, Thank you so much for posting these photos....

kf98281.jpg

jI56206.jpg

[This message has been edited by MissVelvetDress (edited 11-23-2001).]

[This message has been edited by MissVelvetDress (edited 11-23-2001).]

I didn't get to see it! I lost my telly somewhere....I think it's behind the washing machine. I need pics! (of Larry of course)

------------------
The Proud Owner of the ONLY Cardboard Larry!!!

God Bless America and my city, NYC!

"After all it is the Larry Mullen band."

"Larry has a heavy foot it is an extordiry thing, you know, to have to stand in front of that drum kit. It is like getting a good kicking on a nightly basis." ~Bono

About the preshow......

1. I would have DEFINITELY picked up Bono if he was waitin around on the side of the road

2. LMAO at "Vote for Bono" "If you vote for me....if you vote for Larry...." lol

3. LMAO at Bono limping out in the street to get some attention

4. BONO: (to the woman in the car that stopped) Alison..that's a favorite name of mine....heheh MONA: *fume*

5. LMAO at Bono signing that picture of himself...."This was before muscles were in style....."and he drew muscles on his arm! lol The mullet heheh

6. When they finally found Larry, I was LAUGHING so hard because he was talking about some game and you could see where the film cut, and it was like they pieced together an hour of him talking into 20 seconds. Julie was like 'SHUT UP, LARRY!' heheh he's so pretty...

Round these parts, the concert is now in its second rotation. I'm mad they didn't show the whole thing! Grrr but that's OK...is it a problem that I cried during Streets and WOWY? Lol

<----cried like a baby in her camo hat

I was excited during the pre-show that Bono had his camo hat. I wore mine all day
smile.gif

Me and Julie on the phone during the first part of the concert:
JULIE: ....His pants are a little tight.
MONA: What?
JULIE: I said his pants are too tight.
MONA:....there's no such thing!

------------------
~*Mona*~ Echo's Pimpstress Protege, capable of scandalizing ScottPhisto with AngelinaLips....
97% compatible with Bono

Proud Owner of the one and only Bon Jovi soap caddy

Love me, give me soul.

I tell you Mona what I wanna do
I'm gonna build a house next door to you
Can I see you sometime?
We can go kissin' through the blinds

Heheh

Apparently Edge "finds sexual pleasure in the collection of data"

and Adam's instrument has mysterious powers over womenfolk....or something

OMG did youse guys hear them women screaming when Larry was brought down for Desire?!

Larry...brought down.....desire.....

*scrapes MullenGirl off the ceiling fan*

------------------
~*Mona*~ Echo's Pimpstress Protege, capable of scandalizing ScottPhisto with AngelinaLips....
97% compatible with Bono

Love me, give me soul.

Can I see you sometime?

Originally posted by WildHonee:
Heheh

Apparently Edge "finds sexual pleasure in the collection of data"

<------DATA

Anyone else notice Edge looked a bit sunburnt on the plane?

Edge, we love you but put on some suntan lotion before you go out! HERE LET ME HELP YOU!

*pulls out 50 gallon drum of lotion.*

*tosses Edge in*

*LEAP*

biggrin.gif

------------------
*Echo the Pimpstress* ... Proud Owner of Animatronic Edge!

"It's not that I like eating beef so much, I just really hate cows."

"Come here, quick! You have to see Bono's pants!"

"But...the whole basis of our relationship was the Atari Championship!"

Bono-Man! An Epic Superhero Adventure!

The Official PLEBA Glossary: Delicious AND Nutritious!

[This message has been edited by Echo (edited 11-23-2001).]

I loved that preshow...It was very funny...I have to go back and look at my tape of Larry talking about Ireland making into the World Cup...I was on the phone with my brother when Bono was limping around, so I did not hear them talking about it...I thought he was really limping b.c. he was hurt...The funny thing was that I was talking to my brother on the phone when they cut to Larry and I just lost my train of thought and stopped talking all together...My brother was wondering what the hell happend to me...
smile.gif

Anyway, no WildHonee, there is nothing wrong with you crying during Streets and WOWY...I always get a little emotional and sinking feeling in my stomach when I hear those songs including Bad played live...

Originally posted by Echo:

<------DATA

Anyone else notice Edge looked a bit sunburnt on the plane?

Edge, we love you but put on some suntan lotion before you go out! HERE LET ME HELP YOU!

*pulls out 50 gallon drum of lotion.*

*tosses Edge in*

*LEAP*

biggrin.gif

Edge is quite skilled at screwing, you know.....

I mean in case the vat of lotion starts to buckle and you need to fix it....you might need to put screws or nails into it

....what did you THINK I meant?

------------------
97% compatible with Bono

Love me, give me soul.

Can I see you sometime?

Originally posted by MissVelvetDress:

Anyway, no WildHonee, there is nothing wrong with you crying during Streets and WOWY...I always get a little emotional and sinking feeling in my stomach when I hear those songs including Bad played live...
<-----*burst out in fits of giggles whenever Bono danced or sang or talked or breathed or did ANYTHING*

<-----*got goosebumps during Bad* *such* a good song. I was literally on the Edge of my seat--(I just capitalized the word "Edge." interesting....) during most of the show.

*still has the U2 fuzzies*
biggrin.gif

------------------
97% compatible with Bono

Love me, give me soul.

Can I see you sometime?

Originally posted by Echo:
OH I KNOW.
EDGE: Could I show you how to screw--

LARRY: Lemme show you how I bang--

BONO: Elevate me!!! O wait...I already am...hm. Better not show Edge. He's been blushing an awful lot lately. Speaking of Third World Debt....

LARRY: *steps on Bono's little cotton socks* Feck it all to heck, man. Can't you see I'm trying to show the girls how I bang--

EDGE: Larry, your drums seem to be falling apart a bit there....lemme screw--

ADAM: Amateurs...have you SEEN the Achtung cover? All me, baby.

------------------
97% compatible with Bono

Love me, give me soul.

Can I see you sometime?

my random comments about the pre-show and show:

*i'd take bono for a ride, hell he can take me for a ride!

*that comment about the name alison <---melt

*bono is hot

*larry talks! he's so cute!

*edge was seriously blushing on the plane

*where was adam on the plane? gettin' it on with the stewardess?

*bono is hot

*did you see larry's man clevage during the show

*i wish they hadn't edited

*i need to get my daddy to take me to best buy tommorow

*streets was awesome. i was jumping up and down in my living room.
smile.gif

*bono is still hot

------------------
"You can download an atmosphere and dial up a groove, but there's a certain magic when three musicians and a dyslexic get together and play in a room." -Bono

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

The city's desire to take me for more and more...

what a lovely night i had...
- how on earth did that girl stay so calm during wowy????????? even my friend who watched it with me who isnt a u2 fan said she'd have fainted...
- upset they cut out "bullet" when it was showed in the commercials...arg. and the fly..and until the end of the world...arg...
- LOVED IT!! can't wait to unwrap the dvd and then dvd player on xmas so i can watch the shole thing
- LOVED edge's temper tantrum during gone lol
- during preshow, i was like holy shit if no one stopped to pick him up... i'd so pick his ass up lol
- the alison/fav name thing was too cute
- edge needs suntan lotion hehe

i controlled myself with the frame caps...will start upping them in a separate topic now. i didn't do the show...i wouldn't have enough disk space LOL

smile.gif

------------------
~sara
sle2@geneseo.edu
http://www.platinumcomplication.com

with my teeth at your back
and my tongue to tell you the sweetest lies

Originally posted by WildHonee:
OMG did youse guys hear them women screaming when Larry was brought down for Desire?!

Larry...brought down.....desire.....

*scrapes MullenGirl off the ceiling fan*

Yessssssss!!!!! LMAO
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Ahhh The preshow has to be the most hilarious thing i've seen from U2 lately!

Bono limping across the street was hilarious and when he was like Vote for Bono!

Larry talking about the Ireland footy match how he was going on and on that was so adorable, then Larry said Fuck something and I was like *melt* lmao
biggrin.gif
Larry on the plane talking about Adam needing his rest cos he only plays 4 strings was so funny
biggrin.gif
I love that man

------------------
The U2 revolution has been reinstated.

THE Larry Mullen Jr. Page
http://www.geocities.com/kiti_regia/index.html

Meeting Larry:
*MG shows Larry poster*
*Larry reads poster*
*Larry smiles and says "Thank you that's very nice of you"*
*Larry signs paper, shakes MG's hand*
*MG almost dies then sees tearaway pants and gets bad ideas*

Watched that part of my tape-and, OK, I will look COMPLETELY foolish for saying this, but Larry was so unbelievable in it that I couldn't even look at him!
rolleyes.gif
@ myself.

And even more importantly, I just love getting that lil' glimpse into his personality-it's just so sweet-and hearing that oh-so-lovely accent
biggrin.gif
I still think he's the most gorgeous man I've ever laid eyes on.

Bono was his usual charming, funny self. And Edge on the plane *swoon*-what can I say? And where was sweet Adam?

Thumbs up for that pre-show!
smile.gif

Gr....I remember Larry said something really funny/weird during the preshow and I was laughing at him....but I don't remember what it was!
frown.gif

Also, in "Desire" Bono changed the words......(he did that with STreets and probably EVERYTHING else
smile.gif
how I loveth thee, Vintage Boy) from "When I'm beside her" to "when I'm inside her"

......*fell over*

------------------
97% compatible with Bono

Love me, give me soul.

Can I see you sometime?

Originally posted by Gina Marie:
Actually I think the REAL lyric IS 'inside'-they just change it sometimes in shows or whatever.

Or maybe Bono was just feeling especially, um, frisky
wink.gif
eek.gif
!!!!!! And I wasn't even there!!!! Maybe he could SEE me through the TV..eh....

speaking of which....what, no Gratuitous Rattle & Hum crotch shots?! (see Echo's glossary) Tsk tsk....well WOWY made up for it....MAYBE.

Note to Bono:
Come over to my house and we'll practice the crotch shots. Lemmee find my shades first.....it gets awfully bright down there....o my....
Love, Mona

------------------
97% compatible with Bono

Love me, give me soul.

The PLEBA Mansion, where the play's the thing...
http://www.geocities.com/kiti_regia/plebamansion

I keep remembering random things. Julie and I were on the phone during the first....maybe half hour or so of the show.

During Stuck:
MONA: Lookit!!!!! Bono's shake shake shaking something!! He's got a maraca!! Beat that wooden fish, Larry! Beat that wooden fish! (there was no wooden fish...lol)...what is Bono shaking?

JULIE: ....a harmonica?

MONA: Harmonicas don't make noise when you shake 'em!

BONO: *shake shake shake*

MONA: Cha cha cha Bono....tamale tamale cha cha....

MUSIC: *trumpets, etc.*

MONA: BTW, where's the brass section comin from allofasudden?

JULIE: ....maybe from the little thing he's shaking

lol I don't know why, but that struck us as insanely funny. *side effect of the U2 fuzzies*

Man I'm STILL trying to remember what Larry said during the preshow that was so funny. Gr.

------------------
97% compatible with Bono

Love me, give me soul.

The PLEBA Mansion, where the play's the thing...
http://www.geocities.com/kiti_regia/plebamansion

THE MAN HAS NEVER LOOKED BETTER!!!!!!

bahhh

missvelvetdress- do you have any more?? I can't believe how much he smiled!!!!!!

bahhhh

------------------
And everyone needs the music 'cause everyone needs relief.

* U2 Take Me Higher *

Originally posted by oliveu2cm:
THE MAN HAS NEVER LOOKED BETTER!!!!!!

bahhh

missvelvetdress- do you have any more?? I can't believe how much he smiled!!!!!!

bahhhh

Well, opaltranquility posted these pixs up on another thread, I stole these two and put them on here...You can find a bunch of drool worthy stills in her thread called Happy Late Thanksgiving" I am not sure which part it is in she posted a couple of thread with Pictures from the Preshow and the VH1 Legends Special. You will know once you find the thread
wink.gif
...I am warning you, get your drool bucket out and make sure your cold shower is running...

Oh feck. I am completely, utterly, obnoxiously upset. Never got to see the preshow because my boyfriend had his big ol' group o' friends over to watch The Matrix on his new neat-o TV, so there was no pre-show action for me.

Now, all I want to do is get my hands on it because I wanna watch Larry! I wanna see him smile and hear him talk and and and... it's so not fair!

I've heard that VH1 is re-broadcasting the U2 show again... will they do the pre-show again, too? If so, then I can't miss it a second time... if I do, please just put me out of my misery. ::sigh::

Moonie

------------------
If you ask me, I think it's all about drums.
Tonight the moon has drawn its curtains
It's a private show no one else going to know
I'm wanting
(If You Wear That Velvet Dress)
Hit Gurl

Back
Top Bottom