VH1 Now

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Queen Bee said:
Pict5346.JPG

I loved this part...I love the little smile he kinda gets on his face upon hearing the people chanting...he looks so proud of these people, so hopeful...just wonderful.

And I loved when he changed "American" to "African" toward the end of "American Prayer" (his speech at the beginning was awesome, too: "God loves you, what's the problem?").

Thanks for the stills. :).

So, was the VH1 airing of this show at all different from the MTV one? Did it show anything the MTV airing didn't?

Angela

:wink: Bono makes me happy! Awesome pics of concert!! and Queen-well .."memories.." of Live-Aid, London, july 13, '85...:wink: What a Day! What a Concert!:wink:

forbonou2 said:
:wink: Bono makes me happy! Awesome pics of concert!! and Queen-well .."memories.." of Live-Aid, London, july 13, '85...:wink: What a Day! What a Concert!:wink:

Queen was the first band I was really a fan of :) I was a latecomer (I heard "Bohemian Rhapsody" for the first time thanks to "Wayne's World" :lol: ) - around 1991 or 1992.

Unfortunately, this was shortly after Freddie Mercury passed away :(

But thanks to videos, I did see Live Aid and a lot of other stuff that they did :) Seeing Roger Taylor and Brian May at 46664 brought back some fond memories for me as well :)

Moonlit_Angel said:

I loved this part...I love the little smile he kinda gets on his face upon hearing the people chanting...he looks so proud of these people, so hopeful...just wonderful.

And I loved when he changed "American" to "African" toward the end of "American Prayer" (his speech at the beginning was awesome, too: "God loves you, what's the problem?").

Angela

I caught the little smile right away and I had an "I adore this man" moment.

I liked the touch of change the also. :yes:

kellyahern said:
I was a latecomer (I heard "Bohemian Rhapsody" for the first time thanks to "Wayne's World" :lol: ) - around 1991 or 1992.

That was when I first heard it, too.

:laugh:...I remember that clearly-it was on the radio, and at the time, when I heard it, I looked at the radio and was thinking: :eyebrow:...what the heck IS this?

Now I love that song. And I like Queen's other songs, too. They've got a lot of great ones (like "Killer Queen", for example...:heart:...).

Originally posted by kellyahern
But thanks to videos, I did see Live Aid and a lot of other stuff that they did :) Seeing Roger Taylor and Brian May at 46664 brought back some fond memories for me as well :)

I imagine so. I was way too little to remember Live Aid (I was a little over 9 months old when Live Aid aired-I've just seen the clips on various shows and stuff), so this was kinda like Live Aid for me. This is the one I'm going to remember.

Originally posted by Kariann
I caught the little smile right away and I had an "I adore this man" moment.

Yep, that was my exact thought when I saw that smile, too. I was just so proud. And I was so happy to hear the crowd chanting along.

With all the sad things Bono's seen in his travels there, that's awesome that these people made him smile like that-added to his hope he has for these people. :heart: :bono:.

Angela

I've always been a big fan of Queen, too. I remember them at Live Aid, and I remember how sad I was when Freddy Mercury passed away. There had been rumors that he had AIDS, then this was confirmed, then he died. It was great to see Roger Taylor and Brian May playing and having fun at 46664.

Back
Top Bottom