VH1: Hottest over 40

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Kariann said:
What makes Bono the most attractive to me is as much his charisma, inner qualities and the like as much if not more than his looks.

I think he lost me with the thumb sucking.:|

Any man with this much energy at his age does it for me :sexywink:

affoth.jpg
:lol:

starsgoblue said:
Any man with this much energy at his age does it for me :sexywink:

affoth.jpg
:lol:

:drool: gotta love the bman. Time won't take the boy out of that man! :wink:

just curious is this show worth watching? Like do they show much of Bono at all?

AtomicBono said:

:drool: gotta love the bman. Time won't take the boy out of that man! :wink:

just curious is this show worth watching? Like do they show much of Bono at all?

I think it's about a two-minute segment, the same as for everyone else on the show. I actually saw a few clips of him I don't remember seeing before.

I enjoyed this a lot more than VH1's usual lists - maybe because I'm pushing 40 myself and go for the mature men rather than the 20-something guys. And on the ladies' side it was cool to see someone like Susan Sarandon make it. I'm kind of scratching my head over Tommy Lee, but other than that it was a good list. Bono, Bruce Springsteen AND Jon Stewart! What a trifecta! :drool:

Bono's shades said:

I think it's about a two-minute segment, the same as for everyone else on the show. I actually saw a few clips of him I don't remember seeing before.

I enjoyed this a lot more than VH1's usual lists - maybe because I'm pushing 40 myself and go for the mature men rather than the 20-something guys. And on the ladies' side it was cool to see someone like Susan Sarandon make it. I'm kind of scratching my head over Tommy Lee, but other than that it was a good list. Bono, Bruce Springsteen AND Jon Stewart! What a trifecta! :drool:

Jon Stewart :drool: the fact that he's like the funniest man alive makes him so incredibly sexy. Is he over 40, really? He doesn't look old to me for some reason...

I tend to go for mature guys too, problem is they happen to my dad's age :wink:

AtomicBono said:

Jon Stewart :drool: the fact that he's like the funniest man alive makes him so incredibly sexy. Is he over 40, really? He doesn't look old to me for some reason...

40 = old? :madspit:

:wink:

Infinitum98 said:
i'm a boy but i would think that Larry is more attractive than Bono.

I think Larry is attractive also, but Bono exsudes a certian Hotness, I think the man is GORGEOUS! (have thought so since the 80's) I admit to having perved for Larry and Adam at one time but I just LOVE Bono, his looks, charm, wit, love for life and people it blows me away how amazing he is!
I also find The Edge incredibly attractive! and having met him 2 times already I simply adore him!!:wink:

AtomicBono said:

LOL, same here :D.

Jon Stewart-yeah, I personally don't have a thing for him, but I can see where women like the guy. Maybe it's just 'cause I don't get a chance to see his show often, I bet if I watched it more often, I'd probably like him, too, 'cause I do like funny men. Guys with a sense of humor are indeed quite sexy :yes:.

Angela

TheBrazilianFly said:
Is Bruce Springsteen by any chance on that list? I want to know if women still think he is attractive, he never ages... :crack:

When I saw Bruce in April at the start of his latest concert tour, I thought, damn, he looks good for a man his age. He'll be 56 on Sept. 23. (and yes, it may not be totally clear from my online name, but I am a woman.)

I've been a huge Springsteen fan ever since I first heard Born to Run in high school many moons ago. You're right, Brazilian Fly, Bruce doesn't age. He sure hasn't aged much in all the years I've been going to his shows, listening to his music, and looking at his photos.

Last edited:
jobob said:
When I saw Bruce in April at the start of his latest concert tour, I thought, damn, he looks good for a man his age. He'll be 56 on Sept. 23. (and yes, it may not be totally clear from my online name, but I am a woman.)

I've been a huge Springsteen fan ever since I first heard Born to Run in high school many moons ago. You're right, Brazilian Fly, Bruce doesn't age. He sure hasn't aged much in all the years I've been going to his shows, listening to his music, and looking at his photos.

Awesome! I'm a big Bruce fan too. But for not such a long time as you unfortunately. :up:

Lets be honest bono has a big......nose and he's short,oh and he has a weight problem.To put it simply if he worked in a supermarket you wouldn't like twice

claytons edge said:
Lets be honest bono has a big......nose and he's short,oh and he has a weight problem.To put it simply if he worked in a supermarket you wouldn't like twice

If he were around my age, and single, and I saw him around town, I'd probably still notice him. Nose size isn't an issue with me-it seems a lot of guys I go for tend to have big noses, and my first boyfriend wasn't one who really bothered to spend time at the gym. He was about average weight.

Angela

claytons edge said:

I like short guys because they're still taller than me :D
Weight problem? Not really. The guy I like right now weighs more than Bono I'm betting and he still looks good... Bono is average weight, he's certainly not fat, in fact he's lost weight this tour I think. But the fact is physically what I notice most is face and hair (eyes especially). I love B's hair and he has the most gorgeous eyes and he also has the sexiest neck EVER. And I love his nose. And I wish Bono taught physics at my school instead of this dumb Quigley lady.

BonoFox1 said:

I think Larry is attractive also, but Bono exsudes a certian Hotness, I think the man is GORGEOUS! (have thought so since the 80's) I admit to having perved for Larry and Adam at one time but I just LOVE Bono, his looks, charm, wit, love for life and people it blows me away how amazing he is!
I also find The Edge incredibly attractive! and having met him 2 times already I simply adore him!!:wink:

I think all of them have certain things about them that are very sexy

1. Bono=his charm, energy,voice,very sexy hypnotic eyes:drool:

2. Adam=sexy posh Brithish accent that drives me
CRAZY!!!:combust:

3.Larry=one word MOOB's:wink:

4.The Edge= Intelligent, talent men are HOTT!:yes:

Carmelu2fan said:

2. Adam=sexy posh Brithish accent that drives me
CRAZY!!!:combust:

3.Larry=one word MOOB's:wink:

I agree with you.

Larry is very handsome and I'd deffinitely notice him ( I'd even forget the fact that his about my hight :( )

Adam is very charming.

Originally posted by AtomicBono

I tend to go for mature guys too, problem is they happen to my dad's age

They're about 10 years younger than my dad so I don't feel wierd :wink:

claytons edge said:

I know an absolutely adorable man that has a large nose, stands 5'7", and carries a bit too much weight - oh! he also has 'widow's peaks' (that's a quaint way of saying 'a lot of forehead', :lol: ).

Matter of fact, he' so damn adorable, I married him almost 14 years ago. (And by the way... WHEN I met Mr. Blu?... he was working in a supermarket. :yes:)

:tongue:

arhitetka said:

I agree with you.

Larry is very handsome and I'd deffinitely notice him ( I'd even forget the fact that his about my hight :( )

Adam is very charming.

They're about 10 years younger than my dad so I don't feel wierd :wink:

I think I am taller than all of the guy's:( ( 5'9) ....They are at the perfect age to me (28)...I like guys at least 10 years older than me, even though they are 17 years older than me, I'd still get with em:giggle:

claytons edge said:

I would notice blue eyes like that anywhere...and Bono can bag my groceries anytime! :sexywink:

I missed the VH1 show but it sounds like they should have had two lists -one of men over 40 and one for women over 40...

Bono should be #1 ...no doubt about it...Bono should be tied with David Lee Roth for #1 !
*ducks the tomatoes being thrown at her*
(Please don't hurt me! I get so much grief from you all for being a DLR fan! LOL! :D )

Hmmm..TIED with David Lee Roth....:hmm:..now that paints a picture ...:reject:..OMG! Shame on me... I should not think about...I am so bad!:mac:

Tommy Lee? Gross!:barf:

Last edited:
Hey, Billie :wave:! Good to hear from you again-it's been a while, how are ya?

Also, mention of the accents reminds me, that's another thing that'd certainly get my attention. Out here in Wyoming, Irish accents aren't exactly common, so Bono (or any of the guys) would stick out to me for that alone :). And that'd be a good thing, 'cause I do love a nice accent on a guy...:drool:... Again, it's not a requirement, but if a guy has one, it certainly doesn't hurt :D.

And Billie, hey, you put on your own list whomever you want. There's another musician in his 40s that I have a thing for (which some of you will know about if you've been reading the "Sexiest Man" thread in the PLEBAns section in recent times), sadly, he's not really well-known here in the States, so he didn't make this list. But I'd happily put him in the list over some of the other guys that were in there, along with a few others I could think of that I find attractive.

Angela

Billie Midol said:
I missed the VH1 show

Billie, you should be able to catch it tomorrow. RockonTV has it listed for 11 am 12 (which seems odd) and sometime later in the afternoon.

also: Saturday Night Live w/U2 is airing again in 2 weeks on Sept.3rd. :wink: (according to rockontv)

Moonlit_Angel said:
Hey, Billie :wave:! Good to hear from you again-it's been a while, how are ya?

Also, mention of the accents reminds me, that's another thing that'd certainly get my attention. Out here in Wyoming, Irish accents aren't exactly common, so Bono (or any of the guys) would stick out to me for that alone :). And that'd be a good thing, 'cause I do love a nice accent on a guy...:drool:... Again, it's not a requirement, but if a guy has one, it certainly doesn't hurt :D.

And Billie, hey, you put on your own list whomever you want. There's another musician in his 40s that I have a thing for (which some of you will know about if you've been reading the "Sexiest Man" thread in the PLEBAns section in recent times), sadly, he's not really well-known here in the States, so he didn't make this list. But I'd happily put him in the list over some of the other guys that were in there, along with a few others I could think of that I find attractive.

Angela

Hi Angela! :wave::hug: It has been a long time! So good to see you are still here...I still love this place and I always will!

I love Bono's accent,too! I love it when he says "emmm"...:drool:

So...who is this sexy over 40 year old you like? Maybe we have heard of him?:hyper:

sue4u2 said:

Billie, you should be able to catch it tomorrow. RockonTV has it listed for 11 am 12 (which seems odd) and sometime later in the afternoon.

also: Saturday Night Live w/U2 is airing again in 2 weeks on Sept.3rd. :wink: (according to rockontv)

Thanks for the tips,sue4u2! Especially for the U2 SNL show-I never saw that!:up:

Back
Top Bottom