Very obscure U2 things you notice.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MooMoo!

New Yorker
Have you ever say, walked down the road or been out somewhere and noticed some obscure thing to do with U2 and thought "hmm, that looks like something Bono wore during xyz tour..." etc?

Today, I was walking down the road and saw a little kid walk past and though "hmm, he looks exactly like Edge did when he was little..." :lol: its like U2 is on the brain with everything you consider.

anyone else? :wink:

Yesterday was the first time I saw creepers in real and immediately thought of who is wearing those else. :)

I do things like this all the time. My family friends and co workers think I'm nuts. Like every time someone says "you too" I giggle. They roll their eyes. Or instead of writing "you too" I will write U2. I see U2 everywhere. Their music is with me everywhere I go. I love it. It keeps me sane!! :wink:

Carek1230 said:
I do things like this all the time. My family friends and co workers think I'm nuts. Like every time someone says "you too" I giggle. They roll their eyes.

I do that too and everyone thinks I'm going crazy! My friend laughs also when she hear's someone say "you too"!

iloveedge said:

I do that too and everyone thinks I'm going crazy! My friend laughs also when she hear's someone say "you too"!

That couldn't happen here... because in Spain we don't call them "you too".... :lol: we usually say the name of the band in spanish..... u (say "oo") dos....

:shrug:

It happened some time ago, that the Spanish Minister for Defence's last name was Bono, so... everytime I was watching the news and they say.... blah blah blah... Bono..... I always ran to the Tv to find the politician talking.... :lmao: :lmao:

Last edited:
Lobe said:

That couldn't happen here... because in Spain we don't call them "you too".... :lol: we usually say the name of the band in spanish..... u (say "oo") dos....

:lol: i never thought about how other languages say their name.

omg, I relate EVERYTHING to them. Like whenever a sign says "Edge" I squeal, ummm if I see clothes like anything they wear I point them out, I'll go out of my way to highlight U2 stuff at school:
In maths the other day there was an equation to which the answer was something-U2. This guy in my class goes, "ooh, charlotte look, this one says "U2"!" And I hold up my highlighted paper to show the class.

Me, obsessed? Never :tongue:

Anything that says Edge on it always makes me smile.
Oh and at my job, we got in packages of praying mantis eggs. There's a big pic of a green mantis on the front. I'm the only one who smiles every time I walk by those things

Carek1230 said:
I do things like this all the time. My family friends and co workers think I'm nuts. Like every time someone says "you too" I giggle. They roll their eyes. Or instead of writing "you too" I will write U2. I see U2 everywhere. Their music is with me everywhere I go. I love it. It keeps me sane!! :wink:

Haha so do i!! Good to know theres other people just like me in that sense, now i can tell my friends and family i'm not the only one!!:D

If anyone says anything to do with an edge then i just can't help but giggle! I do it without even realising myself until i say it, i'll give you a few examples, i went ice skating the other day and when people asked how it went i'd say it was great but all i did was hang onto the edge lmao! Then there was one with U2 in it and me and my parents were arguing about them having far too much control over me in my life and i said i'm not going to let my life be run by U2, that made me burst out laughing and completely ruined the atmosphere but hey!!:D

Ok anyway rant over :happy:

MsPurrl said:

I would think that their name in Spain or in any other country would still be pronounced U2. :huh:

Well, we're not an english speaking country.... it's not our first language, and not all the spanish people speak it, so.... a name of a band that consists in a letter U and a number 2.... most of the people will say it in spanish... and you will get used to it.... :wink:

It's not a bad thing I think.... :shrug:

if a friend or family says take care when they are saying goodbye, i try not to say 'you too' because they dont think im being serious. As they know U2 are my favorite band. lol so I have to try and think of other things to say like 'you aswell'.

U2_Dudette said:
if a friend or family says take care when they are saying goodbye, i try not to say 'you too' because they dont think im being serious. As they know U2 are my favorite band. lol so I have to try and think of other things to say like 'you aswell'.

As I live in a Germany, there isn't the chance, to say "you, too" often ;) But I always have to smile when my Maths porfessor uses U2 in formulas...
And when Bono said "Nice to meet you" when I met him, I said nth else than "nice to meet u2". The moment I said it I already regreted it and blushed- hope he didn't think I was making fun of him!
I also have a Latin student and I wanted him to decline "Bona Vox" :wink:

Bona Vox said:

As I live in a Germany, there isn't the chance, to say "you, too" often ;) But I always have to smile when my Maths porfessor uses U2 in formulas...
And when Bono said "Nice to meet you" when I met him, I said nth else than "nice to meet u2". The moment I said it I already regreted it and blushed- hope he didn't think I was making fun of him!
I also have a Latin student and I wanted him to decline "Bona Vox" :wink:

lol, i would of went red to if I said that to bono. you could say same to you. lol funneh stuff

Many years ago when I first got my hair cut short, I happened to see my shadow in front of me while walking home... and I thought, "My shadow looks like Adam's silhouette in Rattle & Hum!"

:reject:

U2_Dudette said:

lol, i would of went red to if I said that to bono. you could say same to you. lol funneh stuff

Yeah, that's what I thought later, too. But I answered so fast that I didn't even think of it. You know, that's the way to answer that you are tought in school over here- so it was more like an automatism (hope that's the right word...) Anyway, it's not my fault U2 has such a strange name ;) But I think Bono didn't mind, as he was all nice and friendly after that *g*

I say "you too" all the time without thinking about it... then I get paranoid and wonder if people think I said it on purpose... :lol: :reject:

There's a documentary on TV at the moment about religion... one of the guys was talking about monotheism, but he might have had a cold or something, and I heard "Bonotheism"... :der: :reject:

Lobe said:

Well, we're not an english speaking country.... it's not our first language, and not all the spanish people speak it, so.... a name of a band that consists in a letter U and a number 2.... most of the people will say it in spanish... and you will get used to it.... :wink:

It's not a bad thing I think.... :shrug:

I don't live in an English speaking country but we do pronounce the names of foreign bands as they would do them selves.
So u2 is u2 and a French artist will be pronounced in French...

We do have a French speaking community here, they might say U2 in slightly different way (and with different accent), they always do :lol:

But names don't get translated though :shrug:

greety said:

I don't live in an English speaking country but we do pronounce the names of foreign bands as they would do them selves.
So u2 is u2 and a French artist will be pronounced in French...

We do have a French speaking community here, they might say U2 in slightly different way (and with different accent), they always do :lol:

But names don't get translated though :shrug:

Yeah, I know.... most of the foreing bands are called in their own language... but what can I do when since I can remember I have heard them being called "oo dos"at the radio or tv????

It's a thing we fans can't help.... :huh:

But I don't think that's a problem.... :shrug:

I dodn't get mad at Bono when he sings "unos, dos tres, catorce", when he should be singing "uno, dos, tres catorce" :laugh:

Alisaura said:
I say "you too" all the time without thinking about it... then I get paranoid and wonder if people think I said it on purpose... :lol: :reject:

There's a documentary on TV at the moment about religion... one of the guys was talking about monotheism, but he might have had a cold or something, and I heard "Bonotheism"... :der: :reject:

bonotheism....now there's a church I could believe in!! :yes:

Carek1230 said:

I'm the same way! Whenever someone says 'you too' I giggle, and it's usually around people I know so they have all come to understand my out of context giggling! :lol:
Whenever I see the car comercial with the "Ford Edge" I can't help but smile, and when they say that you can drive the edge...:drool:
I try not to say "you too" because it drives me crazy! I keep thinking that all my friends are going to think I'm doing it becuase of U2, but I'm not! Am I? :huh:
It's odd how my brain has been reprogramed to hear and see anything that has to do with U2. Not that I don't like it, but sometimes my family wonders about my sanity. :wink:

Yesterday I was wearing: a frilly button down black shirt, a black leather jacket, jeans, and black Converse chucks. When I realized my attire, I went "Hey look, I'm Bono from the waist up, and Edge from the waist down." :nerd:

Also, the word "vertigo" will never be the same to me. I'm beginning to wish characters in books would just stop getting dizzy, because I can't see it without thinking of U2.

WithOrWithOutE said:
Whenever I see the car comercial with the "Ford Edge" I can't help but smile, and when they say that you can drive the edge...:drool:
I like how the commercial goes "The Edge is never dull." I usually respond with "Unlike Bono, who never shuts up." *so mean*

My mom was talking to me on the phone about a friend of hers that has been getting over some "dizzy spells" that she has been dealing with, and my mom couldn't think of the word to describe her condition...
and I said... "it's called VERTIGO, hello hello? " Hahaha!!:lol: :lol:

I like how the commercial goes "The Edge is never dull." I usually respond with "Unlike Bono, who never shuts up." *so mean* [/B][/QUOTE]

I'll never be able to watch that commercial without thinking about this!! :lol: :lmao:

Back
Top Bottom