VERY cool thing this morning at breakfast.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Discoteque

Rock n' Roll Doggie
HAD to share this with y'all!

So for some weird reason I woke up really early this morning (and this was after having 2 glasses o' wine last night and staying up till 2:00AM, OY!). Shortly after I got up, I get a phone call from a friend asking me to meet her and another friend for breakfast, so off I went.

The place is PACKED to the gills, 10:00 is prime breakfast hour. We're seated at a table right next to a table with two African-American women. I hadn't seen my friends in over 2 weeks so we're just yakkin. Every once in awhile I hear "you two" from that table next door, but I've learned to sort of tune that out, because people say "you two" all the time and it doesn't mean U2 (but should!). Suddenly, one of the women starts reciting: "...and if the darkness is to keep us apart...and if the daylight feels like it's a long way off..." and I found myself physically LEANING toward her like a flower toward the sun...I reached over and grabbed her arm, and said, "OMG, you're reciting U2!!!" And she squeals "YES!! I love them! New York!" and pulls a copy of the ATYCLB CD out of her purse! She said, "This is all I've been listening to, it's SO great!" to which my friends responded in unison: "NO! NO it's not! Don't get her started, she'll never shut up!"
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
So of course I had to chat with my "new friend" a little bit about the boys--she said she loved the lyrics, and I told her the last 4 songs on the album were SO much more meaningful after 9-11 last year.

It was SO cool - my FIRST U2ey encounter ever here in town! I swear that was the highlight of my entire weekend!
smile.gif

*+*disco*+*

Aahh!! That's so cool!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
*infect*
biggrin.gif
Every now and then at school some random girl will be like "You're the one who's obsessed with U2, right? I LOVE THEM...."

*Super Bowl fuzzies*

------------------
~*Mona*~ LOVE me, give me SOUL

"I think I just said I was smart there - I'm sorry about that." ~Bono

"Mona Lisa must have had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles."

The Man Corral

Oh yeah yeah yeah...Yay Disco!

I always IM my friends w/ random U2 lyrics... they think I'm insane...
biggrin.gif

Melissa: Disco- what??

Josh: Zooropa? WTF?!

------------------
*~*?*~*~ Katie ~*~*?*~*
"And the Lord said 'Humble thyself, Bono!'" ~ Bono

"It's not like a family. It's like a street gang." ~ Larry

But you know there's something more
Tonight, tonight, tonight

omg, Disco, that is fantastic! I would have been bouncing off the walls. Lol. Did you give her the forum addy and invite her to join us or would that just freak her out?
biggrin.gif

*loves local U2 fanatic friends*

We're going out to lunch soon....I'll do some Spy Report work just in case...
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

*radar*

------------------
~*Mona*~ LOVE me, give me SOUL

"I think I just said I was smart there - I'm sorry about that." ~Bono

"Mona Lisa must have had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles."

The Man Corral

NO, blargh! I didn't want to get into a whole HUGE thing with her cos my friends were there [doing this:
rolleyes.gif
], and she had a friend there as well, so.... I was just pretty happy about the encounter in general!
smile.gif
It still makes me chuckle to think about it...would be fun to run into her again, cos then I'd really 'let her have it' on all the good U2 dirt, or tell her about Niall Stokes' "Into the Heart" or Stocki's "Walk On" or something.
biggrin.gif

Maybe I should have some cards made up that have the Interference forum website on them and just hand them out when necessary!

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
omg, Disco, that is fantastic! I would have been bouncing off the walls. Lol. Did you give her the forum addy and invite her to join us or would that just freak her out?
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Discoteque (edited 02-03-2002).]

*jumps up and down clapping hands* Disco, that's so cool!
I had one of those yesterday: I work at a supermarket, doing a whole bunch of things; yesterday, it was to stand in a checkstand for 8 hours. So I grabbed the Feb "O" magazine and folded it over to Bono's pic, and propped it beside my till so I would see him all day.
biggrin.gif
Then this young woman comes through and does a visible double take: "Oh! That's Bono!"
"Yup," I answered, "if I'm gonna be stuck in here all day, so is he."
"I'm listening to War in my car right now." My turn to do a double take (it was such a PLEBA moment! but I didn't realize that 'til later.) "You are??"
Big grin. "Yeah. It's -- just so cool to see Bono here. I actually really like Larry," she added a little shyly, as she handed me her money.
"A woman of taste," I grinned back (thinking of all of you). I think we both had goofy smiles the rest of the morning. I really wished I'd thought to ask if she was on Interference -- [ARE YOU??] -- 'cause in hindsight I knew U2 is as much a part of her life as they are of mine. *U2 fuzzies*
If there's anybody in here who shops at Broadway & Macdonald in Vancouver you MUST come and see me!!

Deb D

Exciting!
biggrin.gif
I've never had anything like that happen to me. But the other day my mom the developing casual fan had something like that happen at work. She was singing a U2 song under her breath and one of her coworkers goes "You like U2? I love U2!" Then another goes "You guys love U2??? I love U2!" Thier boss then comes over to tell them to be quiet and my mom asks if he likes U2. "U2?! YES! Where the Streets Have No Name! Best video ever! Converted my son!" LOL

------------------
Laura
~~~
Something to do with politics, kids, freshness, and breakthrough.
And love.

(Joan Baez)
~~~

...what's a Bono?

Nothing like that happens to me. Well, nothing positive like that. I occasionally get 'U2 sucks!' from people I barely know, but other than that, nothing.

cool! a few weeks I went to a CD store in the mall, and bought the Stuck import..the cashier commented how he LOVED that song and asked if I had a favorite U2 album. I said I loved them all and he said he listened to unforgettable fire and under a blood red sky every day, and the only song he didn't like was discotheque..
frown.gif
it was a pretty cool conversation.

------------------
"Everyone argues, then we do what I say" -Bono

Originally posted by President Stupid:
Nothing like that happens to me. Well, nothing positive like that. I occasionally get 'U2 sucks!' from people I barely know, but other than that, nothing.
You should kick them in the neck!!!

Back
Top Bottom