Velvet Dress - what is he saying?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

britishbabe

Babyface
Just wondering if anyone with super hearing can make sense of what Bono is saying during Edge's guitar solo from Velvet Dress?

Also, right at the beginning, he also mutters something. Again, can't make perfect sense out of it.

Attachments

• 028.jpg
    028.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 86
britishbabe said:
Just wondering if anyone with super hearing can make sense of what Bono is saying during Edge's guitar solo from Velvet Dress?

Also, right at the beginning, he also mutters something. Again, can't make perfect sense out of it.

You mean the album version, right? Right at the beginning he mutters: "I want to suck you...." *humming* <-- :drool:

Erhm, and during Edge's solo he repeats what he already said in the second (?) verse I think. "....I'm like a two year old....." that verse. But I don't now that solo thing exactly. I'd have to look it up.

Was it that what you were looking for?

no no no, i know what she's talking about...my friend and i had it all figured out once...lemme listen to it again and figure it out.

Lilly said:
no no no, i know what she's talking about...my friend and i had it all figured out once...lemme listen to it again and figure it out.

Huh? Now I'm curious as well. *heads to stereo*

after i'm waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanting ( :drool: ) he mumbles something about "he's a fucker" (i don't know the next part, but i always thought it was "she likes it" though i know it's wrong) and the end is "he's an asshole"

i remember there was one time we "actually" figured it out. whatever we thought he was saying in there made the song so much better...put so many layers in it...like...bono...tends...to do...anyway. i hope that helped out a bit.

Lilly said:
after i'm waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanting ( :drool: ) he mumbles something about "he's a fucker" (i don't know the next part, but i always thought it was "she likes it" though i know it's wrong) and the end is "he's an asshole"

Wow, I always heard it wrong, but you're right! But I'd say that Bono sings "She always liked it", instead of "She likes it" - however, it's great! :yes:

FallingStar said:

Wow, I always heard it wrong, but you're right! But I'd say that Bono sings "She always liked it", instead of "She likes it" - however, it's great! :yes:

i'd like to thank hours of boredom and my cool computer that allows me to listen just to the vocal parts in the songs for this.

Lilly said:

i'd like to thank hours of boredom and my cool computer that allows me to listen just to the vocal parts in the songs for this.

I am jealous of your computer now.

lol. Have you ever listened to that middle part of Sweetest Thing where Bono mumbles? It was added in the single remix and not in the original. I have been trying to figure out what he's saying for AGES.

Back
Top Bottom