Vancouver Vid shoot!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mucca

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
First of all I'd like to thank U2girl for posting the info up! :hug:
If you hadn't I would've completely missed it!!!

So anyway here we go:
I just get back home and I drop by the pleban party and there's the message from U2girl! It says the vid shooting would start at 3:00pm when I looked at the clock it was 2:00 already so I got my mom to drop me off at the skytrain and then I took the skytrain to GM Place. Once I got there, I ran for dear life!! A line up had already formed and I thought I wouldn't make it. I made it to the end of the line and thank god was able to get a wristband to get in!!

I was 1830th person in line. I met a couple casual U2 fans, they were pretty cool. We stood in line in the scorching sun for 3 hours! While we were waiting a news reporter tried to get the fans to sing on camera. After trying for a loooong time a couple guys did it. They chose to sing Bad but sadly they forgot the lyrics after the first two lines. :lol: Finally one of the security guards tell us, the doors will open at 5:00. So we all wait around again....sadly I didn't have time to bring water so that wasn't very fun...

5:00 finally came and still the line didn't move....we waited another 20min and one of the fans in line asks the security whats up. He comes back and tells us that they are waiting for more people to come. Apparently there still wasn't 4000 people in the line (who wouldn't want to be in a U2 vid???!?!) They told us the latest they would start was 7:00. So once again we were stuck waiting.

It's finally 7:00 and the line starts moving. :hyper: Suddenly we here loud cheers, some people go check it out and it turns out that they were handing out yellow wristbands to the first 400 people in line to get into the elipse! I didn't get one though

Anyways so after going through security and bag check I finally get in. We all received tickets telling us were we sat. All the seats were on the side of the stage. I was sitting on Edge's side :drool: One of the people on tour tell us they will be starting in 20 min (by then it was 8:00.

At 8:20 the band comes out and the crowd goes wild. They start playing COBL and everyone is up on their feet clapping and cheering!!! They sounded absolutely amazing and the stage looked awesome! They went through COBL about 5 times. The last time they had people on the floor. Those who got the yellow wristbands got into the elipse and I ended up near the middle of the floor. They were doing face shots and the camera came right to me (if you see the vid, look for the short chinese girl in the green :wink: ) The crowd was going crazy! Everyone was hoping around having a great time!!

In between filming COBL Bono started talking about something along the lines of pop idol (like american idol) and he went to each band member describing them and asking them questions. I couldn't really hear much of it though. All I remember is him saying "Isn't edge cute with his beard?", "He's so shy" and Bono asking Edge if his mom was watching him on tv and Edge replying shyly "yes" :cute:
He also sang the hokey-pokey for a bit and did the dance. Then he says something along the lines of "I didn't know it existed in Canada. I thought it was an Irish thing. " :lol:

They had a little break after finishing COBL and then they came back. They sang Vertigo, followed by All because of You. They were planning to go and were shaking hands with the fans in the elipse but then Bono goes "ok just one more"
The last song they sang was SYCMIOYO!

They nailed each song perfectly. Bono's voice is sounding great! I can't wait for tomorrows concert!!! :hyper:
I don't have any pics because we weren't allowed cameras or cell phones :(

I've just sort gone on and on....sorry if it doesn't make much sense....its 1:00am and I'm beat....I have school tomorrow too :crazy:

OMG Mucca! You rock girl!!! :applaud: :applaud: :applaud:

Can't wait to hear all about it later!!!! :rockon: :hyper:

wow... Congratulations!!! :hyper: and thank you for the report! :bow:

someone posted in another forum that when bono asked Edge what he wanted for his birthday, Edge simply replied "yes."
:lmao:

edge = :laugh:

sweetie said:
:applaud: So happy for you Mucca! I hope you end up in the video. I will probably point at the screen and cheer for you!!
My husband already thinks I'm a dork :slant:

I love hearing all these U2 fan reports!!

So I'm not the only one who's husband thinks I am out of control and a U2 freak!

faithingrace said:

So I'm not the only one who's husband thinks I am out of control and a U2 freak!

:wave:

Me too... my husband thinks I have finally lost my mind over U2... he just doesn't realize that it happened a looooong time ago! :shrug: :huh: :dance:

Back
Top Bottom