Um, this REALLY blows....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Liesje

Blue Crack Addict
I just got this e-mail from my dad (sent to his co-workers and clients and BCC to me):

"Gentlemen:

As I informed you, my mother had a heart attack while wintering in Naples FL. This AM they attempted angioplasti, but could not get the cathiter through the blockage. She has six areas of blockage and the only remedy is surgery which is scheduled for Monday AM. I have booked a flight to Naples for Sat and will return Tues evening. I will keep in touch. As far as business goes, I left the office today with no items needing immediate attention. I will leave a note to Paul L. to please make any neccessary deposits should any checks come in the mail. "

:(

PS. If anyone knows anything about hearts or medical stuff, please let me know what this means..... (bad, fatal, not-so-bad...???)

I'm so sorry to hear that Lies... :( You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. :hug:

Lies, it basically means she is at a big risk for another heart attack - if she has 6 blockages, that means parts of her heart are not getting adequate oxygen, and that makes the heart muscle very irritable (a big risk for heart attack). Angioplasty is one of the less invasive ways to get the blockages opened, but if that doesn't work then they have to go to surgery. I'm guessing they will be doing some sort of bypass surgery (they take vessels from somewhere else, like your leg, and graft them onto the heart so it can get the blood it needs). Praying that they are able to get her feeling better very soon! :hug:

So sorry to hear about this. :(

My grandfather had heart problems... he had several surgeries for it over the years, which kept him kicking for a long time. :yes: We always thought it would be his heart that would eventually kill him, but it was ALS that took him from us. :sigh:

You're in my thoughts and prayers. :hug:

Thanks for the info Beth :hug:

I was guessing it isn't fatal yet b/c otherwise why would they wait 'till Monday to finish the procedures... It's sad, but in a way my grandma's fault b/c she's been warned for the past 5 years that if she doesn't start eating right, loosing weight, and exercising more she'll have problems. First she developed diabetes and now this. :( Hopefully, when/if she recovers she will finally listen to us and her doctors. I just feel bad for my grandpa (who is really a step-grandpa) b/c his first wife died of cancer and he's still not even over her death and now he has to deal with this....

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
I was guessing it isn't fatal yet b/c otherwise why would they wait 'till Monday to finish the procedures...

Well, that's a good bit of news. Hopefully all will go well and she'll be fine again soon. :).

Originally posted by LivLuvAndBootlegMusic
It's sad, but in a way my grandma's fault b/c she's been warned for the past 5 years that if she doesn't start eating right, loosing weight, and exercising more she'll have problems. First she developed diabetes and now this. :( Hopefully, when/if she recovers she will finally listen to us and her doctors.

That'd be good. Having all these instructions must be a pain at times, I imagine, because you have to be so careful about everything and have to remember to do all that stuff every day and whatnot, but hey, if it means a longer life in the process, well...

Originally posted by LivLuvAndBootlegMusic
I just feel bad for my grandpa (who is really a step-grandpa) b/c his first wife died of cancer and he's still not even over her death and now he has to deal with this....

:( :tsk: :hug:. That sucks.

Back
Top Bottom