U2ube Links Thread #2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anybody seen the U2/Simpsons special feature extra that is the new Season 8(or 9?) DVD? Presumably it contains more material and background than the actual episode itself.

Last edited:
KAF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks!!!!!

I have always wanted to see the godfather vid in better quality!!!! God they are such goofs. Edge just cracks me up. And Larry's violin playing is awesome. :lol:

bonocomet said:
KAF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks!!!!!

I have always wanted to see the godfather vid in better quality!!!! God they are such goofs. Edge just cracks me up. And Larry's violin playing is awesome. :lol:
No problem, my dear :sexywink: And you'll notice at the very end of the clip there's a shot of Bono when he's out of character that's just :drool:

Screencap time.. :hmm:

greety said:

OMG, nostalgia..
I was there :heart: (is it really that long ago? :reject: )
I didn't know back then that Bono would be married a month later. (not that it would have changed my feelings or anything lol)

Yes it was really that long ago. Just the year before I tried to see them but couldn't get in cause I was underage. :sad:

I think I would have rushed the stage then. sooooooooo cute.

love2bmama said:

omg, that was incredible. Acapella, and his voice is sounding SO good. He seems almost overcome at the end, like he was holding back tears. Wow, so beautiful. :love:

I have never known a man to be so caring, kind, generous with himself to people he doesn't even know. :wink:

kafrun said:
^ Heard of it, haven't seen it :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyarg9Hau-A
Behind the scenes of Bono and Adam filming a commercial for MTV in '81. Bono - as per usual - can't sit still, hams it up, and and is generally adorable :tsk: Adam has been sticking his finger in light sockets again too :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_Y3J7tgU8w
Better quality version of the Godfather sketch :laugh:

HA HA i have the commercial on dvd and the godfather sketch but this oneis better quality:D

Jeannieco said:

I never tire of saying that he is such a beautiful man, in so many ways. He inspires and helps people to heal. :heart: :heart: :heart:

:yes: I know that u2's music, and Bono's lyrics specifically, have gotten me through the roughest times of my life. There have been times when I couldn't find any hope at all in my heart, but I got through by clinging to the messages of hope for the future and the all-emcompassing belief in love that I found in certain songs. I could never repay that gift, can never adequately even put it in words, but you are right, he has helped me to heal. And continues to do so!

:reject: this totally doesn't belong in this thread, sorry!

love2bmama said:

:yes: I know that u2's music, and Bono's lyrics specifically, have gotten me through the roughest times of my life. There have been times when I couldn't find any hope at all in my heart, but I got through by clinging to the messages of hope for the future and the all-emcompassing belief in love that I found in certain songs. I could never repay that gift, can never adequately even put it in words, but you are right, he has helped me to heal. And continues to do so!

That's ok! I know what you mean about not being able to put in to words what Bono/U2's work means. I have a hard time explaining to my friends and family, because some don't get it, but thankfully my brother and one of my sisters do, they love them too!
Ok, back on topic!
I love YOUTUBE!

love2bmama said:

Who do you think got me through my teen years? :bono:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom