U2's songs say about yesterday..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oliveu2cm

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
I know that another place I find comfort is in U2's words and their examples. People were posting lyrics before- here are some I've been repeating:

"can't believe the news today, can't close my eyes and make it go away"

"so you never knew that the heaven you keep, you stole"

"how long to sing this song?"

"get up stand up, never take a life"

"midnight, our sons and daughters..."

"love is not what you're thinking of"

"peace on earth"

"they're reading names out over the radio
all the folks the rest of us won't get to know"

"what you got, they can't steal it,
no they can't even feel it
Walk On"

------------------
Move me a mountain

My fanatical U2 webpage: Take Me Higher

------------------
We turn away to face the cold, enduring chill
As the day begs the night for mercy
Your sun so bright it leaves no shadows, only scars
Carved into stone on the face of the earth
The moon is up and over One Tree Hill

Someone posted Mothers Of the Disappeared here yesterday. I thought it was extremely appropriate... so, I thought I'd post it again...

Mothers of the Disappeared

Midnight, our sons and daughters
Were cut down and taken from us
Hear their heartbeat
We hear their heartbeat

In the wind we hear their laughter
In the rain we see their tears
Hear their heartbeat
We hear their heartbeat

Night hangs like a prisoner
Stretched over black and blue
Hear their heartbeat
We hear their heartbeat

In the trees our sons stand naked
Through the walls our daughters cry
See their tears in the rainfall

It is amazing how much comfort we find in the words Bono writes... but a greater comfort still is prayer.
smile.gif

------------------
"From an artist's point of view, failure is where you get your best material." -Bono

My feeble attempt at a website:
Rattle And Hum

Originally posted by Bonavoix:

It is amazing how much comfort we find in the words Bono writes... but a greater comfort still is prayer.
smile.gif

amen!

(Sing this with me, this is 40)

I waited patiently for the Lord
He inclined and heard my cry
He lift me up out of the pit
Out of the mire and clay

I will sing, sing a new song

How long to sing this song?
How long...how long...how long...
How long...to sing this song

He set my feet upon a rock
And made my footsteps firm
Many will see
Many will see and hear

(Sing it!)

How long...how long...how long...
How long...to sing this song

(Thank you. Good night)

------------------
Move me a mountain

Thanks so much for that Carrie

for those who were lost yesterday and for their loved ones

From Psalm 40

Withhold not thou thy tender mercies from me,
O Lord let thy loving kindness
and thy truth continually preserve me.

For innumerable evils have compassed me about
Mine eniquities have taken hold upon me...

Let them be ashamed and confounded together
That seek after my soul to destroy it
Let them be driven backward
And put to shame that wish me evil.

I waited patiently for the Lord
and he inclined unto me, and heard me cry.

I apologize if anyone is offended in any way by my posting this here. But I am seeking some solace and comfort, and I hope it might give others the same.

Hugs to all my PLEBA friends.

Gina Marie, thank you too. That was beautiful... and I'm going to quote our President too:
"Psalm 23: "Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me."

------------------
Because Love is big
And Love is tough
But Love is not what you're thinking of

Thanks so much for your support Carrie..

Someone told me the strangest quote yesterday-

"And the survivors shall envy the dead"

How macabre that is, but it almost makes 'sense' in such a bizarre way..

from Psalm 27

I had fainted unless I believed
To see the goodness of the Lord
In the land of the living
Wait on the Lord-be of good courage
And He shall strengthen thine heart
Wait I say on the Lord

Psalm 29

The Lord wil give strength unto His people
The Lord will bless His people with peace

"I Know That This Is Not Goodbye"

------------------
Trust In God...But Lock Your Doors

These word from Bono seem so appropriate today...from the intro. to the Psalms book

"Explaining belief has always been difficult. How do you explain a love and logic at the heart of the universe when the world is so OUT OF WHACK?"

"Has free will got us crucified?

"Explaining faith is impossible...Vision over visibility...Instinct over intellect...A songwriter plays a chord with the faith that he will hear the next one in his head."

"I will be with you again"

"To be one is a great thing. But to respect differences may be even greater" (Bono, Belfast Concert - 1997).

"Fear is the opposite of faith." -Bono

"Peace doesn't exist, it's brought into being." - Bono Zoo TV Interview

------------------
Because Love is big
And Love is tough

Last night I was scared out of my mind. Then on a local radio station they played an acoustic version of "stuck" that I didn't even know existed. It was the most beautiful thing I'd heard all day and considering all that happened it really meant something big.

"It's just a moment
This time will pass"

It was so pretty and I started to cry! OMG. Keep praying

------------------
~*Mona*~
"Heaven on earth -- we need it now" -U2-

"Peace does not mean getting your way.
Your ugliness could be my beauty,
your ugliness could be me."

Originally posted by WildHonee:
Last night I was scared out of my mind. Then on a local radio station they played an acoustic version of "stuck" that I didn't even know existed. It was the most beautiful thing I'd heard all day and considering all that happened it really meant something big.

WildHonee,
that version is so beautiful, I know exactly what you mean. The first time I ever heard Stuck it was from the BBC broadcast, and the announcer said "that was just the most beautiful song, I wish it had gone on forever" and thats exactly how I felt!

I think you can download that acoustic version at www.u2station.com under sounds and mp3s.
smile.gif

------------------
Because Love is big
And Love is tough

*sigh* My mom's not gonna let me get tickets for Baltimore now bc now my parents are paranoid. Gr. I hate this.

I know That's not the biggest problem in the world right now, but see how the little things are affected by terrorism / violence, etc.?!

------------------
~*Mona*~

I think a lot of things are going to change for a long time to come.
frown.gif

*sigh* My mom's not gonna let me get tickets for Baltimore now bc now my parents are paranoid. Gr. I hate this.

frown.gif
I'm sorry WildHonee. You have every right to be disappointed.
frown.gif

------------------
Because Love is big
And Love is tough

Originally posted by ti-hua:
I just heard "Peace On Earth" on the radio. Anyone else heard that one on the airwaves yet?
I'm gonna camp out in the basement with PopTarts (lol the actual food!) and a radio (to search for U2) and watch the news. Then I'll watch TRL. I haven't been able to concerntrate on anything else. I hope I have no hw for tomorrow

------------------
~*Mona*~

~i can feel the cold steel, i can make a wound that wont heal~ (btbs, 06/07/01)

Originally posted by WildHonee
I know That's not the biggest problem in the world right now, but see how the little things are affected by terrorism / violence, etc.?!

i know what u mean.. i myself was hanging above the uk, on my way to the us when we got called back.. im supposed to be glad, but im not. of course i know that my 'problem' (actually i dont think it could be called a problem in this situation.. the word is too heave compared to the real problems) is even smaller than half a grass thingy on a football field (metaphores arent my strongest point, lol). But still, even such a small thing can mess up your whole way of living.. (my sis was to have my room while i was gone.. etc)

I listened to ATYCLB this morning minus New York and the put Peace On Earth on on repeat before I had to go to college.

"One life with each other sisters brother"

------------------
Sometimes it is necessary to touch bottom in order to know which way is up

stay safe tonight
and I know it aches
how your heart it breaks
we can only take so much
walk on

their lives are bigger than any big idea.

I know I've only posted here once (with this name; I posted somewhat frequently with a different name a few months ago, but now I have a new computer and I can't remember my user name, much less my password). I just felt the need to add those. they're what's been helping me. especially the last one. (to those I lost yesterday-- I can't believe you're gone. may your memories be a blessing. to my family and friends who still remain, I love you all. peace on earth...)

Originally posted by ti-hua:
I just heard "Peace On Earth" on the radio. Anyone else heard that one on the airwaves yet?

Oh hell yeah! Heard it for the 1st time on the radio driving home today, and they had spliced new bites from the past 24 hrs inbetween the words. I almost had to pull over.

Bono, THANK YOU for taking the words out of my heart!

Cheryl

Originally posted by PostScript:
. (to those I lost yesterday-- I can't believe you're gone. may your memories be a blessing. to my family and friends who still remain, I love you all. peace on earth...)

I'm so incredibly sorry...there are no words...it's sad enough for those of us who don't know anyone affected, like me, I live in Canada, I don't know anyone in NY or Washington but I know people who do.

Isaiah chapter 35 is one of my favourites. Besides the U2 songs already mentioned you might like to listen to Fragile by Sting.

Take care, and that includes everyone...

------------------
I can't believe the news today
I can't close my eyes and make it go away

I was up until past 3am last night worried sick. I turned on Mtv to see if they were still playing the news, and what is just beginning to play but the video for Stuck.

I know the video seems silly to few (and granted, there are definitely moments when it is *Larry and Edge*) but when I saw Larry pump his fists I laughed through my tears, and at the very end when that last shot of Bono with his glasses off saying, "It's just a moment, this time will pass..." came, I bawled just from the overwhelming emotions we're all feeling.

frown.gif

I have just cried through this post.Some of the quotes have just really hit me.I am lucky as I am not in Anerica and to the best of my knowledge know no one who was involved however my heart goes out to all those who are affected.May God's love and strength be with you all.
Laura.

Originally posted by Shirley:
~i can feel the cold steel, i can make a wound that wont heal~ (btbs, 06/07/01)

i know what u mean.. i myself was hanging above the uk, on my way to the us when we got called back.. im supposed to be glad, but im not. of course i know that my 'problem' (actually i dont think it could be called a problem in this situation.. the word is too heave compared to the real problems) is even smaller than half a grass thingy on a football field (metaphores arent my strongest point, lol). But still, even such a small thing can mess up your whole way of living.. (my sis was to have my room while i was gone.. etc)
lol! Half a grassy thing.

It really sucks too because I had a dream about a U2 concert last night. All I remember is there was a water fountain there and some guy was like 'they don't let you bring water bottles but you can use the fountain' and I said 'hey there's Larry!' Wow it sounds really stupid now.

Well the point is -- I hate this!!!! OK I'm gonna go watch the news then TRL

------------------
~*Mona*~

....."if there's an order,
in all of this disorder,
is it like a tape recorder,
can we rewind it just once more...?"

------------------
I B 4 U2!

It really sucks too because I had a dream about a U2 concert last night. All I remember is there was a water fountain there and some guy was like 'they don't let you bring water bottles but you can use the fountain' and I said 'hey there's Larry!' Wow it sounds really stupid now.

umm this really weirds me out b/c the other night I had a dream that I was at a u2 concert and someone was laughing saying you can't bring water bottles in here! and I was thinking we were all going to be so dehydrated, how will I last without water (due to all the screaming/exursions).
*creepy*

------------------
Because Love is big
And Love is tough

Originally posted by oliveu2cm:
umm this really weirds me out b/c the other night I had a dream that I was at a u2 concert and someone was laughing saying you can't bring water bottles in here! and I was thinking we were all going to be so dehydrated, how will I last without water (due to all the screaming/exursions).
*creepy*
OMG!!!!! More pleba psychic connections. That's really weird.

Also-- last night before I went to bed I hear the peace on earth remix thing with the news stuff in it. It was #2 on that radio station's daily countdown!
smile.gif

Then today at lunch they played it and tried to keep everyone quiet to hear it. The girl who was announcing it called him Bone-o and I seriously *squawk*ed and corrected her. *Mona shatters the precious sacred moment of silence*

------------------
~*Mona*~

Back
Top Bottom