U2's most outrageous outfits

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i'd say Adam...he usually has very interesting clothing no matter what tour (lately his atomic bomb pants)

by the way has anyone noticed how Edge has become the true punk rocker...with his converses and studded bracelets

trailerpicnic.jpg

Trailer Trash chic
:drool:

I love U2 dearly, but they will never be known as icons of style. You could put out a coffee table book on U2's fashion missteps.

As for Bonosleeves, well, they are so part of Bono that I can't imagine him without them. And I'm a shrimp like Bono so I know all about sleeves and trousers being too long. I alter a lot of my clothes.

As for 80s clothing, yes, a lot of it was truly horrific. I was there (bad asymetrical perm, leg warmers, fingerless gloves), and I lived to tell the tale. However, you can find horrifying fashion in every decade.

MsPurrl said:
AdamSarong.jpg

Next question? ;)

OMG! I love that skirt! I probably don't have the best sense of fashion, but I think it looks really really really cool! I probably wouldn't wear it with a vest though. Where is that pic from? It reminds me of a scene from U2: At the end of the world.

absintheminded said:
^ That's a picture of all members...it was on the back of a Propaganda magazine back in 1995.

I scanned that one from the July '93 issue of i - D magazine. It was an issue where they gave the band a camera and had them take pictures of themselves. The band made that collage.

Great collage. Thanks u2granny. Can someone name all the parts, I think I know most of them but I want to know if I'm right.

bonocomet said:
Great collage. Thanks u2granny. Can someone name all the parts, I think I know most of them but I want to know if I'm right.

I can guess a few too, but I'm not sure of all
from this point of few:
Edges hat
the left eye Adam, right eye Larry
left mouth Edge, right mouth Bono
left chest Bono, right chest Larry
Not sure, but I think the left part is Edge(the colors are a bit too heavy for larry) and the right part,.. can be Bonos hands, but I"m not sure
I'm not sure about the following, so if I'm wrong, please correct me!
right underwear part is Larry(white, smooth legs), I think the left part is Bono
the right leg would be Bono too (same as the left underwear part)
the right lower leg is Larry again(taken from the same pic as the higher part, pants look like larry's)
bottom left Edges foot and leg

Bonochick said:

I grew up in the 80s...and I look at old photos of myself and my family and laugh my butt off at what I see. My dad whad a pair of zebra stripe-ish pants!!!!!!!!!!! :lmao: Who cares if those were the trends, I still think they're funny. This thread is hysterical. :laugh:

I'm sure someday the current trends will be laughed at also.

:yes:

my brother had a pair of those zebra pants too! :lol:

I had a perm around 1988 - one of those awful 80s, way too curly perms.

Me too!

Back
Top Bottom