U2's most outrageous outfits

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey, I think that is a very practical shirt.

1.If it is hot outside everyone one eles will not be hot except for Adam
2. If Adam gets hungry, he can take off the shirt dip it in the lake, catch some fish.

3. Adam is making lots of us very happy wearing stuff like that.

:wink:

adamcoolness.jpg

A lot of you seem to be making fun of what was very ordinary fashion in the early 80s. Maybe most of you are young and are not used to looking at it, but me, I lived around it for years and I much prefer it to a lot of the crap that came later. I cannot wait until people start laughing at those hang low baggy pants with the underwear showing. I have been laughing for years. Nothing has ever looked worse. They are bound to become a terrible joke in the years to come. But those of you who grew up with them will not see them as weird, just as I do not see the eighties stuff as weird or funny in any way.

U2Kitten said:
A lot of you seem to be making fun of what was very ordinary fashion in the early 80s. Maybe most of you are young and are not used to looking at it, but me, I lived around it for years and I much prefer it to a lot of the crap that came later. I cannot wait until people start laughing at those hang low baggy pants with the underwear showing. I have been laughing for years. Nothing has ever looked worse. They are bound to become a terrible joke in the years to come. But those of you who grew up with them will not see them as weird, just as I do not see the eighties stuff as weird or funny in any way.

Hey some of the 80s stuff beats this shite that Bono wears now, him and his fucking shoes and the eeeeeeexxxxxtttttrrrraaaa long sleeves, that make him look like he borrows all his jackets off tall people (when we all know he's mega loaded enough that all his clothes are probably tailored).

At least Adam doesn't look like he's going through some mid-life crisis. :up:

blueeyedgirl said:

Hey some of the 80s stuff beats this shite that Bono wears now, him and his fucking shoes and the eeeeeeexxxxxtttttrrrraaaa long sleeves, that make him look like he borrows all his jackets off tall people (when we all know he's mega loaded enough that all his clothes are probably tailored).

At least Adam doesn't look like he's going through some mid-life crisis. :up:

Calm down, honey--your head is going to explode! :wink:

blueeyedgirl said:

I agree! IMO Bono looks, and dresses, worse now than he ever has in his life (not counting the Pop costumes)

I don't think he dresses badly now, but yeah, some of his clothes are kind of ill-fitting. Not when he wears suits, though. :drool: And however long they are, I think the Bonosleeves are cute.

I generally give the 80s stuff a pass, just because that was a hideous decade, fashion-wise, for just about everyone (myself included, no matter how young I was.) Larry pretty much stuck to jeans and t-shirts, so very little to mock there. Adam, well... he dresses very well now. :D Edge and Bono do give us plenty of ammunition in their 80s garb, save Bono's JT stuff. Even now I think it looks great. But I'm more on the "blame the decade, not their fashion sense or lack thereof" train.

Edited because speling iz gud.

Last edited:
Yeah I like the "bonosleeves". Nothing wrong with wearing clothes the way you like them, I see no reason to conform to fashion.

U2Kitten said:
... I cannot wait until people start laughing at those hang low baggy pants with the underwear showing. I have been laughing for years...

I'm laughing too, believe me! Every time I see some guy with the arse of his pants around his knees I have to chuckle. Of course, unless he's wearing a long jacket or something as well, I can usually see way too much underwear/buttcrack, so I guess that's my karma for laughing at them.

:wink:

I'm just glad my parents never gave in to my childhood pleas to be given a pair of leg warmers! See, your parents really do know what's best... :D

I love love love the Bonosleeves, they are a part of the Bono I love. There are some things he has worn that I cannot stand, but I have always liked his colors in recent years, be it purple or even pink. I just wish he would go back to the colours, since he seems to be wearing mostly black these days (not that I complain, he looks good in black, classic.)

U2Kitten said:

I grew up in the 80s...and I look at old photos of myself and my family and laugh my butt off at what I see. My dad whad a pair of zebra stripe-ish pants!!!!!!!!!!! :lmao: Who cares if those were the trends, I still think they're funny. This thread is hysterical. :laugh:

I'm sure someday the current trends will be laughed at also.

Bonochick said:

I grew up in the 80s...and I look at old photos of myself and my family and laugh my butt off at what I see. My dad whad a pair of zebra stripe-ish pants!!!!!!!!!!! :lmao: Who cares if those were the trends, I still think they're funny. This thread is hysterical. :laugh:

I'm sure someday the current trends will be laughed at also.

:yes:

I had a perm around 1988 - one of those awful 80s, way too curly perms. I blame the hole in the ozone layer on the 80s and Aquanet :shifty:.

Actually, I grew up in -and laughed at - the 80's fashion, too; those were some pretty ugly styles, with few exceptions. Just..ugh. And I don't mind baggy, but I do mind the buttcrack/underwear thing. Good Lord, boyo, wear a belt! Too. Much. Information! :lmao:

Devlin said:
Actually, I grew up in -and laughed at - the 80's fashion, too; those were some pretty ugly styles, with few exceptions. Just..ugh. And I don't mind baggy, but I do mind the buttcrack/underwear thing. Good Lord, boyo, wear a belt! Too. Much. Information! :lmao:

Sometimes when I'm out walking and come up behind some kid with his drahs hanging down around his butt, I think how funny it would be to walk just a little too close behind him and step on the hem of his his pants--that would probably pull them right down. "Oh, I'm so verrrrrry sorry!" And who would suspect a sweet little old lady like yours truly? :angel: :lol:

So out of all the quys who do you think takes the most risk with fashion?
p160.jpg

:hmm:

Bono

but then again it depends what era too.

Larry, not a risk taker.
Edge, sometimes yes, not anymore.
Adam, not counting pop, used to, but now he's ok.
Bono, he's better now too...

so... um I don't know.

Good question though! :D

Back
Top Bottom