U23D is coming to Finland, yay!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hcbiggs2002

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
I just got the news from u2finland that U23D is coming to Finland either in May or August of this year. Two new 3D movie theatres are being opened this year, one in May in Hämeenlinna and the other in Espoo in August! And the first full-lengh movie will be shown in Hämeenlinna in May, but they've yet to say what movie! :waiting:
So we U2 fans here in Finland, are keeping our fingers crossed that it'll be U2s movie!! :yippie:

Thanks and yes I'm sure I will. I'm just hoping that the movie will be shown in Hämeenlinna, coz it's slightly closer to my home town than Espoo. And even to Hämeenlinna it's about a 300 km journey which will mean a 24 hour journey by car-bus-train-local train (yes all four means of transport!) there and back and I'll probably also have to stay over night at my aunts place in Tampere. But I'm sure the inconvience will be all well worth the effort! :yes:

hcbiggs2002 said:
I just got the news from u2finland that U23D is coming to Finland either in May or August of this year. Two new 3D movie theatres are being opened this year, one in May in Hämeenlinna and the other in Espoo in August! And the first full-lengh movie will be shown in Hämeenlinna in May, but they've yet to say what movie! :waiting:
So we U2 fans here in Finland, are keeping our fingers crossed that it'll be U2s movie!! :yippie:

:yippie:

It's about time for sure. It's ridiculous that we've had to wait this long really. Now I just have to hope that I will be able to go if and when the movie will be shown here...stupid real life getting in the way of all things fun!

Yeah, I know what you mean! Coz if the movie is released already in May in Hämeenlinna, then that means I might have to miss a couple of days off school and take a couple of sick days! :shifty:

How are you going to get to Hämeenlinna? I know that, if you're planning on using public transport, it'll be even more awkward, and probably just as long as journey as it will be for me, coz there's no direct train connection from where you live. :eyebrow:

WOW i feel for you having to make such a long journey, but i tell you it will be SO SO SO SO worth it . make sure you see it as many times as you can !

good luck :hug:

hcbiggs2002 said:

How are you going to get to Hämeenlinna? I know that, if you're planning on using public transport, it'll be even more awkward, and probably just as long as journey as it will be for me, coz there's no direct train connection from where you live. :eyebrow:

Well, if I go there I just take the train south - I have to change the train a couple of times but I'll be there in less than 5 hours. I'd prefer Espoo though as I have friends there, but we'll see. May is really busy for me because of my thesis, so I'm not planning too much in case I won't be able to go after all.

hcbiggs2002 said:
Thanks and yes I'm sure I will. I'm just hoping that the movie will be shown in Hämeenlinna, coz it's slightly closer to my home town than Espoo. And even to Hämeenlinna it's about a 300 km journey which will mean a 24 hour journey by car-bus-train-local train

:sigh:

:hug:

I heard about this too and I'm so excited :hyper: I went to see it in London and it was GREAT - I have to see it again!

Hämeenlinna is a bit far though... Well, my dad's a fan too, so with some luck he'll drive me there :D

Yeah, I'm a spoiled kid :wink:

U23D is soooooooo worth any effort to go see it, I promise you! I miss it actually, it seems so long ago already that it debuted and played here in my fair city. :( I guarantee you will want to see it more than just once too! :wink:

Re: Re: U23D is coming to Finland, yay!

turhaton said:

Hämeenlinna is a bit far though... Well, my dad's a fan too, so with some luck he'll drive me there :D

Really, any chance I could hitch a ride?! :wink: So you joined u2F like I recogmended?;)

And I do hope I will get to see the movie more than once but I can only make one trip to Hämeenlinna. I just can't afford the expense, time and inconvience! :( I can only hope that the movie theatres in Finland, including my home town Kuopio, will soon follow suit and bring the 3D technology to their movie theatres! :shrug:

Re: Re: Re: U23D is coming to Finland, yay!

hcbiggs2002 said:

Really, any chance I could hitch a ride?! :wink: So you joined u2F like I recogmended?;)

Well, I live in Salo, so coming to pick you up from Kuopio would be a bit of a detour... but hey, we'll see :wink:

I actually haven't yet joined, I totally forgot. I'll go and join right away! :D

Re: Re: Re: Re: U23D is coming to Finland, yay!

turhaton said:

Well, I live in Salo, so coming to pick you up from Kuopio would be a bit of a detour... but hey, we'll see :wink:

I actually haven't yet joined, I totally forgot. I'll go and join right away! :D

Oh I see! I thought you lived further north!! Anyway, I was only joking, sort of! :wink: And just by coincidence I have a long time friend and pen pal who lives in Salo!

And about u2F, plans are now going ahead to make it an official fan club with a proper forum etc. So more the members the merrier!! Also there's a new U2 book that has been written and edited by us u2F members who have contributed articles and essays, yours truly included, due out soon, called U2: 4 kovaa Dublinista (1976 - 2008). Look forward to seeing you there! :wave:

Last edited:
Re: Re: Re: Re: U23D is coming to Finland, yay!

turhaton said:

Hey, a detour would be totally worth it because you can pick me up as well, I'm from Savonlinna! :wink:

^^ I can't believe how far you have to travel to see this - but agree with everyone who has said YOU WILL :heart: IT!

I'm sure that it will eventually make its way all around the world - judging by most of the screening runs so far, all have been extended so its proving to be a popular 'go see' event even for non U2 fans

Enjoy enjoy enjoy :wave:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: U23D is coming to Finland, yay!

I'm starting to think we have to rent a bus :D

hcbiggs2002 said:

Also there's a new U2 book that has been written and edited by us u2F members who have contributed articles and essays, yours truly included, due out soon, called U2: 4 kovaa Dublinista (1976 - 2008).

Hey, I have the one that came out in 2005! Oh well, actually I lent it from the library half a year ago. They haven't asked it back yet so I'm in no rush in returning it :wink:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: U23D is coming to Finland, yay!

turhaton said:
I'm starting to think we have to rent a bus :D

:lol: That actually might not be such a bad idea, we could then pick my friend Hanna (my U2 concert going buddy!) up from Kajani and after picking up Ava, then also my other U2 pal Eija and her husband from Riihimäki!! :wink:

turhaton said:
Hey, I have the one that came out in 2005! Oh well, actually I lent it from the library half a year ago. They haven't asked it back yet so I'm in no rush in returning it :wink:

:shame: Be sure to buy the next book! :wink:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom