U2 Wedding Songs Needed!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HeartlandGirl

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Hey y'all.

I just got off the phone with my sister who is getting married in June. She and her fiance are trying to pick a song for their first dance. They mostly listen to rap and hip hop, so they are having a tough time picking something classy, yet unique.

I have suggested All I Want Is You, among a few others by different bands. She is afraid that AIWIY is too bittersweet, and it's 6 and a half minutes long.

Do you have a good suggestion? They are looking for something, as I said, classy. No Butterfly Kisses or country music or cheesy songs from the 70s. They also want something that most of their friends won't have heard. U2 falls into this category, if you can believe it!

So let me have it! What have you played or would you play?

------------------
U2 @ The Blooming Heart

AIWIY is good.....though I agree it IS long.

What about....

THE FIRST TIME!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
~*Mona*~ LOVE me, give me SOUL

"I think I just said I was smart there - I'm sorry about that." ~Bono

"If I am close to the music, & you are close to the music, then we are close to each other." ~Bono

The Man Corral

AIWIY is too bitter.
frown.gif
It's a beautiful song, but bitter.
Hmmmmm..

- Angel of Harlem
- Two Hearts Beat As One (OKAY LOL TOTALLY impractical!)
- Stay (awfully bittersweet though, depends on how you see it)

That's all I can think of.
frown.gif
Sorry.

------------------
"Very strange looking object you have at the end of your stick.." - Bono

"Bono looks too intense for me." - Rollercoaster Tycoon park guest

"Don't call me Shirley." - Larry

"I was drunk, high on him, a shrinking, shadowboxing dwarf following in his foosteps...badly...STARSTRUCK.." - Bono, on meeting Frank Sinatra for the first time

"Bono? Bono is going to tie ropes around my neck? Wait a minute.." - Edge, when shooting the 'Numb' video

Thinking of U2 wedding songs is hard because I don't think they have any love related songs that don't involve some bitterness. Wasn't there a quote somewhere where Bono said that he can't write a straight on love song? The closest you can get is Desire (maybe) or Sweetest Thing! I don't think either of those would be good for a wedding.

Sorry that I wasn't any help!
frown.gif

"Sweetest Thing" is definitely NOT a wedding song, if you really look at the lyrics.

When we get married, drgnwolf1969 and I are using "All I Want Is You" for our first dance (that's the plan right now, anyway!).

------------------
"Hallelujah, Heaven's white rose,
The doors you open...I just can't close..."

One of my friends is going to have "Wild Honey" for her wedding song. I think that's a fun choice!!

Luminous Times, heck, if I hadn't had a shotgun wedding in Las Vegas that would've been me and the hubby's first dance song!
wink.gif

Or She's A Mystery To Me, although like a lot of U2 love-ish songs, it's bittersweet. But those lyrics, they just soar...

Love Rescue Me

Unchained Melody (the U2 version of course!)

Back
Top Bottom