U2 to play NFL Opener in NYC?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mullen-Girl

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Well as I was riding in the car this morning I heard on the radio that U2 might play a show in Times square for the NFL opener on Sept. 3....Now the lady said that it was rumoured U2 might play...SO we'll just have to see :D :D That will be so kewl...I will definitely head up to NYC for that!!!!

Mullen-Girl said:
Well as I was riding in the car this morning I heard on the radio that U2 might play a show in Times square for the NFL opener on Sept. 3....Now the lady said that it was rumoured U2 might play...SO we'll just have to see :D :D That will be so kewl...I will definitely head up to NYC for that!!!!

That would be awesome! i would definitely make a trip to NYC for that.:dance:

I've heard about this. There was a report that the Mayor's office is setting this up. I hope it's true. I think they would like to be involved in 9/11 memorial activities for sure, and this is only a few days before the anniversary of the infamy.

That would be really cool! I love U2, and I love football!

*vcr and videostill opportunity for PLEBA*;)

Re: Oh, wait...

On The Edge said:
The press release says Bon Jovi headlines. I guess it's those glasses Jon's been wearing... ??

Damn, where's this press release? Nothing against Bon Jovi but I'll be disappointed if it's not U2.

If Bon Jovi is headlining it's probably because he's from the NY area and he and Sambora saw the fireball from the WTC go up. It was very close to their hearts having grown up in nearby NJ and they have done lots of NYC tribute things. They are very popular in that area and closed their tour at Giants stadium. I'm sure it's no offense to U2.

SkyBlueDreamer said:
If Bon Jovi is headlining it's probably because he's from the NY area and he and Sambora saw the fireball from the WTC go up. It was very close to their hearts having grown up in nearby NJ and they have done lots of NYC tribute things. They are very popular in that area and closed their tour at Giants stadium. I'm sure it's no offense to U2.

Damn, you're right. That thing hit awfully close to home for him, ditto Springsteen. I wish I hadn't posted that f*cking stupid note. I have two sisters who live in NYC. Even though they're not natives (we are Alabama girls!) I think of them as "New Yorkers" because they've been there for 15 years, they've worked there, they've voted in the political elections, etc, etc. They were impacted big time by the attacks, needless to say. I can only imagine what it was like to the natives and the people who live nearby and have childhood memories of the place and such. Particularly if they saw the fireball go up......egads, I cannot imagine how they'd deal with it, but playing music's not a bad idea. I wouldn't be terribly surprised if there is a memorial/tribute planned for Europe. The European musicians may want to do their own show. It's going to be an emotional time, I know I'm going to want music. I hope there are several shows, and needless to say I hope U2 is in one.

Now Ananova is claiming that U2 are going to be playing in New York! That report didn't say anything about the football game. Maybe they were duped by the Post "report".
Would the damn media make up its mind?

Bonochick said:

Yeah...and now U2.com is stating...

New York Concert Rumours

Just a note to correct a number of reports in the press and online: U2 will not be performing at New York's Times Square to mark the launch of the NFL season on September 5th.

There are no plans for any live dates this year - and you can be sure that in future any announcements will be made on U2.com just as soon as they are officially confirmed.

:( Too bad...

stephannv said:

larrysgirl- that little dancing stick man is mucho :cute:!

Thanks! he's a trip.....:dance: you can find him in the smilies option, just click on the link that says Get more..they've got some cool ones!

Back
Top Bottom