U2 Sur Mer {The Electrical Storm Documentary}

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: U2 Sur Mer {The Electrical Storm Documentary}

Patrixx said:

I think he is mimicking Anton.....isn?t he?

I love Bono. If he is mimicking, that's just the cutest thing!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: U2 Sur Mer {The Electrical Storm Documentary}

Patrixx said:

I think he is mimicking Anton.....isn?t he?

I don't think so. Anton is Dutch, and has a very different kind of accent. This is a very broad English accent, as in "baff" for "bath".

Re: Re: U2 Sur Mer {The Electrical Storm Documentary}

Soul Always said:

Yes...I wondered about that "heavy Irish accent." I wondered if that was affected or genuine? Does anyone know? Does Bono switch it off and on like a light switch, or was he just goofing?

If you watch the doc again you can hear him talk about Anton in the train (pics posted by u2kitten) and Anton replies something about bono doing Mick Jagger. He's having a heavy brittish accent alright,not irish. Why he does Jagger, I don't know. Maybe Anton recently worked with Mick or maybe Bono has had someting to do with him at that time.
I find it very funny and so do the other people on the train, even his daughter although she doesn't seem surprised:wink:
I think,hanging out with Bono you could expect pretty much anything:p

Re: Re: Re: U2 Sur Mer {The Electrical Storm Documentary}

greety said:
If you watch the doc again you can hear him talk about Anton in the train (pics posted by u2kitten) and Anton replies something about bono doing Mick Jagger. He's having a heavy brittish accent alright,not irish. Why he does Jagger, I don't know. Maybe Anton recently worked with Mick or maybe Bono has had someting to do with him at that time.

Mick Jagger and his daugther Lizzy did some backing vocals for Beautiful Day(?), but they didn't make the final mix - they're both thanked in the album notes on ATYCLB... :D

Back
Top Bottom