U2 reunited with former stylist..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Galeongirl said:

short summary:

Lola tried to sell U2 stuff on ebay... also personal pictures and such
U2 send her a letter to take it off ebay and return it
LOLA SUES U2 AND NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND
U2 win
LOLA TAKES U2 TO HIGH COURT
U2 win
Bono gets bashed a lot in the press for this
Lola also wrote a book about them with a lot of lies and incorrect information in it
Lola lost, refuses to give up and now keeps on whining how in debt she is

IT IS YOUR OWN FAULT WOMAN! GET OVER IT! :banghead:

Fac ut Vivas!

That's close but there are a few corrections

She tried to auction stuff at Christie's who contacted U2 to verify authenticity as any reputable auction house will do. U2 lawyers informed Christie's that the items were not hers to sell.

Next Lola filed suit in London against U2 for defamation of character because of their correspondence with Christie's auction house.

In order to defend themselves in the defamation suit U2 needed to show that the items did not belong to Lola. In order to do that they had to take her to court in Ireland to prove that the items were stolen. They won. I don't remember for sure whether the book came out before or after the first court case. Then she filed an appeal which is the cases that was heard this past summer. When U2 won the appeal as well Lola had to drop the London defamation suit.

So technically in Ireland the band filed the first suit. But they would not have done that if they had not been facing the defamation suit in London. If their motive was just to crush the little guy then they would have come after her years and years earlier.

I wish I could remember where I saw it but I do remember coming across something where Bono was talking about the first law suit and he said that when she tried to sell the stuff and before she wrote the book they contacted her and offered her a loan but she wouldn't give up the stuff. She wanted nothing less than to sell the stuff and told them that if they pursued it she would write the book. Bono said that they would never give in to blackmail from anyone. More power to them for not giving in even though a lot of people see them as the bad guys. Just because they are rich doesn't mean they should roll over when someone betrays, steals and attempts to extort from them.

Also, immediately after the latest decision U2 announced that they would not persue their court costs from her so what she owes is her own legal bills not what they spent.

She apparently has not had any luck selling her story to the tabloids as she threatened to do because nothing of any real consequence has shown up in print as far as I have seen. Right after the last decision she said she was going to sell stories that she had not told in her book, such as who was sleeping with who, etc. Personally I think the tabloids probably figured a) it was twenty years ago, who cares? and b) she wanted too much money. I'm wondering if she is shopping around another book.

Dana

hcbiggs2002 said:

You're kidding right?!? :scratch: What "good fight" are you talking about? :confused: What's good about Lola trying to sue U2 for wanting they're personal items (that she stole to begin with) sent back to them and not giving her the chance to sell them on ebay and ripping U2 fans (i.e. people like us!) off?!? :angry: And away, it's all done and dusted now, U2 won! Fight over!! :shrug:

I kid.

As inexplainably stupid as this is, I dont get why hes involving all of U2, as it was mainly bono who was involved, right? I mean they where his things she tried to sell. :eyebrow:

Methinks someone hasnt done their research and wants to make a buck.

MooMoo! said:
As inexplainably stupid as this is, I dont get why hes involving all of U2, as it was mainly bono who was involved, right? I mean they where his things she tried to sell. :eyebrow:

Methinks someone hasnt done their research and wants to make a buck.

:banghead:

You're WRONG!

THIS is what the PRESS makes of it, and it pisses me off as hell! Don't get me wrong, my anger isn't aimed at you!

the whole case is U2 vs Lola, NOT BONO! the press blames Bono for all of this, but it is NOT HIS CASE! the whole band and their manager make the decisiions, and not Bono!

Galeongirl said:

:banghead:

You're WRONG!

THIS is what the PRESS makes of it, and it pisses me off as hell! Don't get me wrong, my anger isn't aimed at you!

the whole case is U2 vs Lola, NOT BONO! the press blames Bono for all of this, but it is NOT HIS CASE! the whole band and their manager make the decisiions, and not Bono!
I wasnt blaming bono at all, I was just pointing out the fact they where his possesions, and (if i remember, correct me if im wrong) he represented in court. :eyebrow:

I believe Larry went to court as well, but the items although worn by Bono and Larry, still belong to U2 as a group, as they are considered "costumes". I think there was more than clothing involved too... including photos and camera equipment belonging to u2 as well.

Back
Top Bottom