U2 on SPIN

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2morrow

Acrobat
In case you were interested
wink.gif

------------------
"And when it's raining,
raining hard, that's when the rain will break my heart."

Already replied to this post in EYKIW. Thanks for the info!

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

Originally posted by madonna's child:
that's awesome, but i thought U2 didn't like spin magazine.

Really? How come?

------------------
"The actual weight of living monkey meat swinging around in the forest may in fact reach quite remarkable levels."
--Habitat and Ecology article from my Primates class

"The minute anybody starts telling you what God thinks, or exactly why he does such and such, beware. People should never try to make God in man's image, and that's what they're constantly doing."
--Madeleine L'Engle

"True to form, Edge's promise of 'just the one' turns out to mean just the one bottle of vodka."
--Q Mag

"don't let go, you've got the music in you..."

Originally posted by Mirrorball Girl:
Really? How come?

Brianne, you shock me with your ignorance. I mean, you must be feigning ignorance because there's no way that you don't know. Do you not recall the story about it in the Flanagan Bible? Cause I know you've read it multiple times.

Anyway, the story is basically this. Apparently U2 gave them an advance copy of Achtung Baby to review, with the obvious stipulation that they not print the review until after the album came out. The folks at Spin, however, decided to break the agreement and printed a pre-mature review in which they blasted the album. I think that's basically the gist.

------------------
"I buy socks."
-Adam, when asked what he does with the money he would have spent on drink.

"The babes, the feast, and the toga conspire to give Adam the bearing of a Caesar (one of the late, inbred, lunatic Caesars, perhaps, but a Caesar nonetheless.)"
-Bill Flanagan, at an after-concert soiree with the band and Co.

"If I didn't have my spoons, I'd go insane."
-Adam, The Simpsons

Proud member of Larry's stick-keeper's association

Um, yes. Yes. I was feigning ignorance, Gina. That's it. **pulls at collar, twists awkwardly in chair** Boy, it's getting hot in here. Heh. I'm just going to -- **bolts for the exit**

biggrin.gif
I remember that story now. I just didn't remember that it was Spin magazine. Well, maybe they're trying to get back into U2's good graces again.

------------------
"The minute anybody starts telling you what God thinks, or exactly why he does such and such, beware. People should never try to make God in man's image, and that's what they're constantly doing." - Madeleine L'Engle, 1963

"True to form, Edge's promise of 'just the one' turns out to mean just the one bottle of vodka." - Q Mag interview

"don't let go, you've got the music in you..."

SPIN hates everyone who's ever been at the top of the charts. Makes them feel important I guess.

They've been uncharatertisically nice to U2 this past year, though. They even named U2 #5 last year in their list of important artists, though they did call them "geezers" to maintain their "ahem" cutting edge disdain
rolleyes.gif
I'll only buy it if it has some good pics. Otherwise I'll just read the article in the store
wink.gif

Anyone got a scanner?

Well I'm sure U2 have long forgiven them cause on the same issue that they got named #5 Bono didn't mind posing for pics to grace the cover. Though I do agree that was really stupid on the magazines part and makes me wanna throw up.

------------------
Tha Prickly Comedian

that's awesome, but i thought U2 didn't like spin magazine.

------------------
"Revolution starts at home, in your heart, in your refusal to compromise your beliefs and your values." - Bono

"And I wear gray underwear." -Bono

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

You hurt yourself, you hurt your lover, then you discover what you thought was freedom is just greed...

Do you think they might change things, since George died? They might want to do a tribute or something. Who knows.

------------------
"Never trust a man who tells you it's from the heart, never trust a man smoking a cigar, never trust a cowboy or a man who wears shades..." - Bono
"I would certainly consider myself to be one of the inventors of the mullet." - Bono
"People look at someone like me and think he wants the world to love him. But he probably just wants one person to love him." -Bono

Back
Top Bottom