U2 on SNL.....OMG!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No editing in the West Coast, it just got over, and showed it all. U2 fricken rules, Adam, Bono, and The Edge on the floor, walking around!!

souLnation2002 said:
Some of you need to calm down a bit. Seriously.

Not good for your health.

yeah, I did kinda almost have a heart attack...but I probably lost five pounds. Bono made me exercise. Is that so bad? :D

I'm calmer now...finally...now I feel like crying. :sad:

I just got off the SNL boards they were extremely excited about the u2 performance and demanding a webcast of the forth song - which I want now more than anything:)
cannot wait for the tour - this SNL bit pretty much sold me on the 40 USD for the fan club
must. have. good. tickets.

starsgoblue said:
You owe me a night's sleep!

Okay, if no one's going to say it, I might as well. I'm sorry if I sound harsh, but Bono doesn't owe you anything.

Sure, the humping thing got me excited when it happened. I thought it was great. BUT, I don't think it warrants all of this OMGITSHOULDHAVEBEENMEWTFHOLYCRAPBITCH squealing! The only person Bono owes a lap dance to is Ali.

I was happy to see U2 get the respect it deserves from SNL. They are without equal in the music industry right now. No other band or artist is their equal in terms of longevity or relevance. 3 live performances on a show which traditionally only allows 2 performances.

The cast was freaking out for god's sake. How often do you see "celebrities" acting like us when seeing a live band perform. The guys were like pulling their hair out in amazement and at least 2 of the female cast members were wiping away tears. I can understand their excitement though, I mean, most of them probably grew up listening to U2 songs like the rest of us. And after Bono announced one more song, they looked totally shocked.

Some of Bono's last words on the show before the end were " Saturday Night Live, nothing like it, not with us, live, live, live". After that Ashlee Simpson debacle, Lorne Michaels must be shitting bricks tonight on how excellent this live act was for the show. Respect given, respect earned, respect deserved.

Oh, and Bono's a "cocky bastard"? Like hell he is. He's just being a rockstar. Maybe he had a few drinks or something before the show. Who knows? But what it boils down to is that he doesn't "owe" us anything.

Honestly.

GibsonGirl said:

Okay, if no one's going to say it, I might as well. I'm sorry if I sound harsh, but Bono doesn't owe you anything.

BUT, I don't think it warrants all of this OMGITSHOULDHAVEBEENMEWTFHOLYCRAPBITCH squealing!

I don't think I was really claiming Bono actually owed me anything, I think my tongue was firmly in cheek as I made that comment...

Think you were reading a bit much into everything. Sorry if I'm not as mature as you.

Holy mother of trucks!

That was an amazing performance. Just.amazing.

If I had not bought my plane ticket for Monday before this, this would have sold me.

These men are without par. Let me think here.

1. Freaked out when the feedback went straight to Bono's ears. I yelled something to the effect of "don't fing make him deaf!" :madspit:

2. The lap dance. :drool:

3. The cast freaking out!!! How fantastic was that? They all looked like their heads were about to explode.

4. Bono teasing the audience into a frenzy. I love that cocky thing he does where he DARES people to try to match his energy.

5. Was bummed Edge could not move as much as he wanted due to short cable :mad:

So wait. Did someone just mention above the West Coast got the WHOLE thing?

This will go down in the history of SNL....

Perfection.... :wink:

Last edited:
starsgoblue said:

I don't think I was really claiming Bono actually owed me anything, I think my tongue was firmly in cheek as I made that comment...

Well perhaps you should have made that a bit more clear, then? Saying the stuff you did was bad as it was, but not giving any sort of indication that you were joking around made it sound even worse.

starsgoblue said:

Honestly. Taking me WAY too seriously.

Maybe you should keep some of the things you post here private in an IM conversation.

There are some young people on the board, and some of the things that the Bonogirls post are not that appropriate for them to read.

GibsonGirl said:

Well perhaps you should have made that a bit more clear, then? Saying the stuff you did was bad as it was, but not giving any sort of indication that you were joking around made it sound even worse.

I'm sorry...I thought this was PLEBA....we joke around all the time....

DEAR SWEET JAYSUS -- that's it. :rant: 4 songs (or more!!! who knows considering NBC cut away from them?!?!? :censored: :censored: ) PLUS - PLUS!!! - pelvic thrusting on some unworthy tramp that WASN'T MEEEEE!!! :madspit: I'm with starsgoblue right now - damn cocky rock star!!! (no pun intended :eek: ) He OWES me at this point.......

souLnation2002 said:

Maybe you should keep some of the things you post here private in an IM conversation.

There are some young people on the board, and some of the things that the Bonogirls post are not that appropriate for them to read.

yeah no kidding. :|

There are also some 30 year old people who don't want to read it either. :|

From the FAQ:

Graphic sexual comments about the band in general will not be allowed. There is a level of decency and respect for the band we need to follow.

starsgoblue said:

I'm sorry...I thought this was PLEBA....we joke around all the time....

Well maybe it's me, but I wouldn't dream of calling Bono a cocky bastard, joking or not. And I do realize that a lot of joking around goes on in here, but I really think you've taken this too far. I'm not the only one who thinks so, either.

souLnation2002 said:
From the FAQ:

Graphic sexual comments about the band in general will not be allowed. There is a level of decency and respect for the band we need to follow.

:up:

The preview button comes in handy sometimes. Or, write what you want to say on notepad. Then read it 5 minutes later and decide if you really want to post that and if you really want 100's of people reading it. Seriously... I've done it a few times myself.

Gibson girl, go to sleep for my dear. I'm a transplanted Newfie in BC so I know how late it is on the Rock. Hey, don't you have to get up for church soon? :wink:

:ohmy: Seems things are a bit stirred up at the moment...

I've not been able to read through the whole thread - "server too busy" - I was only able to get the 1st page & the one with my original post. Looks like I've missed something.... :shrug: Think I'll go back & check all the replies before I say anything that might stir the pot up more. :reject:

If my previous post has offended in ANY WAY, please accept my sincere apologies.

Last edited:
trevster2k said:
Gibson girl, go to sleep for my dear. I'm a transplanted Newfie in BC so I know how late it is on the Rock. Hey, don't you have to get up for church soon? :wink:

Yes buddy, I tell you. :wink: It's 4:00 AM... And oddly enough, I'm still awake. The church will have to do without me tomorrow...er, I mean, today.

I don't see how anyone can make a case for any other band on Earth even coming close after the SNL performances.

Stunning is not the word. Wow.

frozenmuze04 said:
I don't see how anyone can make a case for any other band on Earth even coming close after the SNL performances.

Stunning is not the word. Wow.

I'd have to agree. I have never seen the cast members respond to a musical guest the way that they all did.

And I think you could have heard a pin drop in the audience at the conclusion of SYCMIOYO....they were all stunned by the emotions you could tell Bono was emoting through himself.

That show was was THIERS. They owned it.

:eyebrow: y'all are taking this WAY too seriously...we just got excited... and why the hell everyone seems to be attacking stars is beyond me... I'd take this to PM but I can't - not a premium member. Stars, if ya want you can email me, woolymammals@gmail.com

and for the record I think some of the people posting the more raunchy stuff are actually the younger ones :D well me anyway :p

edit: can't even type my own email right..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom