U2 on 'I Walk the Line Special'...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:drool:

I think that's the only thing that could describe the performance. Well, and :edge:

:reject: I didn't like it...

Well, I should clarify, the music was fantastic, Adam and Larry, my God, my heartbeat should be that reliable and that pure, and of course Edge, but I didn't like the way Bono sang it. And what is that thing Edge was doing, he sounded like Dell Shannon singing Runaway -- Edge has such a drop-dead beautiful voice, and he can hit high notes when he has to, BUT HE DOES NOT HAVE A FALSETTO, I'm sorry, and why he's been doing that instead of singing straight is absolutely beyond me. And Bono sounded to me like he was intimidated by the original vocal, he wrote the damn song, but he wasn't singing it with the authority he usually uses. Can't blame him -- I once fell asleep with Zooropa on and sort of half woke right before The Wanderer started, and it sounded like the voice of God!! And he kept changing the words when Edge was trying to sing with him.

I would also just like to go on the record to say once again that, like horseshit, Sheryl Crow is everywhere and that, like horseshit, she stinks. Was she trying to copy June Carter? Whose voice was that, anyway? Skank woman....

:D

I liked Bono's lower register! I think he should use it more often. His voice is changing as he's getting older, he can't hit the super-high notes he was able to hit in his twenties, but the lower voice sounds just fine, and I sure wouldn't mind hearing it in new songs. :)

I wasn't keen on Edge's falsetto, but that's just because I'm not keen on falsetto voices at all. :shrug: But his playing was just fine, and Adam and Larry did their usual brilliant rhythm.

I loved the song! I thought it was a great tribute to Johnny Cash. I don't think Bono was trying to copy him, more like putting his on angle on it with a bit of a Johnny flavor to it. I also loved Edge! He did totally steal the show and I wish know that I had recorded it. They were definetly the best act!

But Jerry Lee Lewis and Kid Rock were pretty darn good as well.

I liked it ok, Edge did a great job and all but I came away feeling alittle blah from the whole thing.....it just didn't feel like them out there.

:shrug:

I thought it was an incredible performance, all of them sounded great, they were great collectively and I think Edge sounded amazing :up: :up: :up:

Oh, and u2granny you rule! :rockon:

:heart: WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! :heart:

thanks so much u2granny!!! :wave:

random thoughts:
* larry with a ponytail !!?!?!:ohmy:
* bono not playing his guitar....always makes me laugh for some reason.... :wink:
* love those curtains of light they're using this tour....

wow again....
grace

Back
Top Bottom