U2 On 60 Minutes...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

one4u2

ONE love, blood, life
No Airdate As Of Yet, but that explains why I saw Ed Bradley at MSG ;)

1018.jpg

Wow, I'll have to keep an eye out for this!! I'm going to go check my TIVO now :lol: Thank you so much for the info!

Queen Bee said:
Wasn't it originally going to focus on Adam and Larry?

Yeah, I remember reading one of the MSG reviews on U2.com saying something about Adam spending the day before the show being interviewed for 60 Minutes. I love Bono and Edge, but I'd love to see something like this focus more on Adam and Larry. I'm sure it'll be interesting no matter though!

So all the boys will be on there? I heard just Adam and Lars...

BTW...I am not complianing:wink:

yeah, i remember it was reported that adam and larry did interviews, but i assumed that was just for their part of it - you know cause bono was all busy being bono and had to do his interview at a different time. and edge had to reschedule his interview, too, cause he was busy shopping for t-shirts.

kellyahern said:
:hyper:

Ed Bradley is the cool one :cool:. He interviewed The Rolling Stones and Ray Charles :up:.

Anyone ever see that music special from New Orleans which aired on HBO or Cinemax a while ago? Ed Bradley opened it, and he sang the Dominoes Sixty Minute Man -- too...cool...for...school!:yes:

For what it's worth, sources say (ooh, that sounds so provocative) that it will air the Sunday of Thanksgiving Day weekend. Completely unofficial, but don't drug yourself with too much turkey and pass out, just in case...

:hyper: :hyper:

“People openly laughed in my face when I said this administration would distribute antiretroviral drugs to Africa…. There’s 200,000 Africans now who owe their lives to America.”
Bono

(CBS) When he’s not piquing their ire by using profanities on the air, U2 front-man Bono is enlisting the help of America’s Christian Right to get drugs to African AIDS victims.

The activist rocker tells 60 Minutes correspondent Ed Bradley that getting conservative Christians on his side was the best way to push the Bush administration to send more aid to Africa. Bradley profiles the Irish super group this Sunday, Nov. 20, at 7 p.m. ET/PT.

This was one mission that Bono decided wasn’t going to get done by “taking the usual bleeding heart liberal line,” he tells Bradley. So the guy on the left approached the right, “particularly conservative Christians,” he says.

“I was very angry that they were not involved more in the AIDS emergency. I was saying, ‘This is the leprosy that we read about in the New Testament…Christ hung out with the lepers,’” Bono recalls saying, “‘But you’re ignoring the AIDS emergency.’”

It worked. “And you know, they said, ‘Well, you’re right, actually…and we’re sorry. We’ll get involved.’ And they did,” Bono recalls. “People openly laughed in my face when I said this administration would distribute antiretroviral drugs to Africa…. There’s 200,000 Africans now who owe their lives to America.”

Bradley also speaks to the other U2 members, drummer Larry Mullen, bassist Adam Clayton and guitarist, The Edge.

As he becomes more known for his political causes, Bono insists it’s still about the band’s music. “I need the music more than I need politics or the activism, I can assure you of that,” he says.

And all that altruism hasn’t obscured his rock star’s ego, either, Bradley finds out. “Still want to be the best band in the world?” asks Bradley. “Still want?” asks a laughing Bono. “Still want? Line them up,” he tells Bradley.

:hyper:..YAY!!! Thank you...Sunday ...super sweet!!...this will start my U2 week off great!!....almost one week left til i see Vertigo ...Thank you!!!! :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom