U2 New Album Information

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

iloveedge

Blue Crack Addict
Well I hope no one has posted it already...

POSSIBLE SONGS MENTIONED:

These are songs that have been mentioned in the buildup to U2's next studio album:

"Love Is All We Have Left" - a song Bono named during his May, 2006, trip to Africa as one that he had recently written. "It’s like an old Broadway tune. I thought it was a Frank Sinatra song," Bono said.
"North Star," a song from the How To Dismantle an Atomic Bomb sessions which included a guest organ appearance from Michael W. Smith. In this CCM article, Smith describes the song as a tribute to Johnny Cash.
"Mercy", one of the last songs to get cut from How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb, described in Blender magazine as "a six-and-a-half-minute outpouring of U2 at its most uninhibitedly U2-ish"
"Lead Me In The Way I Should Go" -- a contender for Atomic Bomb first mentioned in this February, 2003, interview with Bono in Grammy Magazine
"You Can't Give Away Your Heart" - a contender for Atomic Bomb first mentioned in SPIN magazine

OMG! Can't wait for the new album! :hyper:

What about a visit to "Where the Album Has No Name" , this is a "little bit" old news

Mercy is currently being reworked, so that one is expected for the new record...

we also have two beachclips left, All My Life and I Believe

:drool: I have high expectations of All My Life...

Ok I've never been to a U2 concert and I wanna start saving money for one...how much is a ticket? One pretty close to the front. In canadian money if possible...

iloveedge said:
Ok I've never been to a U2 concert and I wanna start saving money for one...how much is a ticket? One pretty close to the front. In canadian money if possible...

Well, a word of warning for you - U2 tickets are not easy to get, so when next tour gets near you better be ready on time to get some tickets (prices on Vertigo tour were anywhere from $50-$150... if bought through ticketmaster or the venue).
It is really too bad you were not at the show in Montreal, because that was one of the most amazing shows. I was there with some friends and we had a blast. Hope you make it to the next tour because believe me it will be worth every penny you spend.

BGD75 said:

Well, a word of warning for you - U2 tickets are not easy to get, so when next tour gets near you better be ready on time to get some tickets (prices on Vertigo tour were anywhere from $50-$150... if bought through ticketmaster or the venue).
It is really too bad you were not at the show in Montreal, because that was one of the most amazing shows. I was there with some friends and we had a blast. Hope you make it to the next tour because believe me it will be worth every penny you spend.

Thank you! Well the thing is, I have no idea how to buy tickets before the sell out. :huh: And I have absolutely no one to go with because my friends are not really big fans and they would never pay 100$! And I actually thought it was more expensive then that! :happy:

iloveedge said:

Thank you! Well the thing is, I have no idea how to buy tickets before the sell out. :huh: And I have absolutely no one to go with because my friends are not really big fans and they would never pay 100$! And I actually thought it was more expensive then that! :happy:

My friends aren't big fans either and since I'm not a U2.com member, I only was able to get ONE ticket (out of 10 concerts) from Ticketmaster before the shows sold out. For the others, I got tickets from people on this message board. Many people sell their extras at face value. I also met up with many people from here so I wasn't there alone. U2 fans are very generous and helpful.

Liesje said:

My friends aren't big fans either and since I'm not a U2.com member, I only was able to get ONE ticket (out of 10 concerts) from Ticketmaster before the shows sold out. For the others, I got tickets from people on this message board. Many people sell their extras at face value. I also met up with many people from here so I wasn't there alone. U2 fans are very generous and helpful.

What about ticket sites besides ticketmaster? Those work well don't they? I'm saving up and wanna see a lot of shows on the next tour.

Galeongirl said:
Mercy is currently being reworked, so that one is expected for the new record...

we also have two beachclips left, All My Life and I Believe

:drool: I have high expectations of All My Life...

Although I heard they're not using any other beach clips from Window in the Skies onwards, I would love to hear All My Life on the album (or at the very least, a B-Side on one of the singles)!

Mercy I'm not too fussed on - don't hurt me! I've listened to it, and I like it to an extent, but it doesn't do that much for me. It'll be interesting to see how they tweak it. The rest I haven't heard, but I'm looking forward to the album.

Already have 95 GBP saved up over two months for the concert :wink: Gosh, just think, if I keep saving like that until they release the album, I could afford two or three tickets and an overnight stay in the Clarence lol!

where did you hear that of the rest of the beachclips :scratch: as far as I've heard they had 2 or 3 songs ready when U218 was made, and WITS got picked for the record

dismantleme said:

What about ticket sites besides ticketmaster? Those work well don't they? I'm saving up and wanna see a lot of shows on the next tour.

It depends on which country, but I only went to shows in the States and U2 only sells through Ticketmaster here, there aren't any other official ticket sites they use. You can buy scalped tickets, but you will pay 3-10 times as much and there's really no guarantee the ticket will be valid or that you'll even get it. I prefer to buy from other Interferencers.

Damnit I wanna hear more new album info

and less about Bono's shopping sprees with Oprah and collaborations with American Idol.

dietcokeofevil said:

and less about Bono's shopping sprees with Oprah and collaborations with American Idol.

:eyebrow: You're not happy with the fact that Bono is always on tv for stuff?! just asking...

dietcokeofevil said:

uh, yeeeaaah....sorry the crisis in Africa isn't convenient for you right now. Didn't mean to let thousands of Africans dying every day of treatable, curable illness and for lack of food and clean water get in the way of your entertainment or anything. :huh:

dietcokeofevil said:

dumb2520people.jpg

Caroni said:
Thank you :) sadly we have to wait

A

LONG

TIME

:grumpy: :banghead:

Anyway let´s see what happens :corn:
Good things come for those who wait!! I hate how long it takes too, but quality takes time. I would rather they didn't just rush something out and it not be great,that wouldn't be their style. So, hang in there!!

These are the songs most likely (if you ask me) to be worked on at moment:

Mercy
According to a fan in Melbourne that spoke to Edge during the shooting of the first video for "Window in the Skies"

Fan: Edge whats the story with Mercy?
Edge: Mercy?!
Fan: Yes, Mercy.
Edge: It's not finished yet.
Fan: Not finished?? Its 6:15 min long and that good but not finished?
Edge: Yes, not finished there are still some parts of it we are working on.

http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?forumid=196&threadid=170434

Love Is All We Have Left
Mentioned in the March 2007 issue of Q magazine, #248 (see link below).
http://www.bonoonline.com/gallery/albums/q_march_2007/q_march_2007_27.jpg)

North Star
Also from the March 2007 issue of Q magazine, #248 (see link below).
http://www.bonoonline.com/gallery/albums/q_march_2007/q_march_2007_27.jpg)

"All My Life"
Beach Clip, Eze July 2006.
http://windowintheceiling.blogspot.com/2006/10/beach-clip-4-dscn0404-all-my-life.html

"I Believe"
Beach Clip, Eze July 2006.
http://windowintheceiling.blogspot.com/2006/10/beach-clip-2-dscn0402-i-believe.html

Thank Your For The Day
Has been mentioned a couple of times. Said to be a collaboration between Daniel Lanois and Bono.
Bono read out some of the lyrics to this song on a flight to Ghana together with NBC's Brian Williams:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQANEXCEP3I

Also worth mentioning is that a song called "Thank You" appeared on the rumoured tracklist for Andrea Corr's solo album "Ten Feet High" (previously "Present").
Bono was the co-producer for the album, which is a piano/singing album, however the official tracklist doesn't mention that track at all.

The Edge has also said that the band has 5-6 songs that aren't quite ready to be recorded yet.

EDIT: I just remembered about how a fan that took a trip down to Eze last summer heard a song that didn't really sound like the rest of the beach clips and that the mood of it was like the "So Cruel" (Sick For Love (Woman)/Back Mask U2) demos from the Achtung Baby outtakes.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom