U2 Movie Roles - What do you think?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flaming june

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Silly, I know, but I'm bored, so bear with me. What movie role do you picture each of the guys portraying. It can be a specific role or a type of character.

I could picture Larry playing a daredevil pilot a la Top Gun:

334%3A268%3B23232%7Ffp37%3Dot%3E2327%3D366%3D%3C49%3Dxroqdf%3E23232%3C35983%3A3ot1lsi

But I can't think of any roles for the others.

Maybe Adam as a suave spy...

Last edited:
hmmm lol this is interesting. I see Bono playing the object of a womans love..very romantic. After all he knows exactly how it feels to have women love him lots!! :yes: :bono:

Adam..I don't know. Adam would be doing something funny. He's so adorable and silly..I would love to see him being a goof more often!

and edge would be the scientist that saves the world after an evil guy tries to blow it up. hehe

I think you read my mind with the larry role! I agree with you! :larry: he already had the haircut to be in the military!

For some reason I see Edge playing in a comedy...
edgefun1.jpg

and maybe Adam too...They could be sidekicks!

ac14.jpg

Evans and Clayton...I can see it now! :lol:

Last edited:
AdamsMango said:
hmmm lol this is interesting. I see Bono playing the object of a womans love..very romantic. After all he knows exactly how it feels to have women love him lots!! :yes: :bono:

Yessir! Great idea...:love:

bonotit.jpg

And Larry...Yeah, I think Larry would be good a Top Gun type role.

Originally posted by flaming june

334%3A268%3B23232%7Ffp37%3Dot%3E2327%3D366%3D%3C49%3Dxroqdf%3E23232%3C35983%3A3ot1lsi

when i first saw a picture of larry that was the first thing i thought..... he has that iceman(aka val kilmer) in top gun look about him. not that he looks like val kilmer (which is not a bad thing to look like him)....oh well ya get the point. :D

Hey, good idea, this is a switch! I thought it was going to be another one of those 'who would play U2 in a movie' where everybody just lists all the famous actors who look and sound nothing like the band members.:yawn: This is different!

I could see ALL of JT U2 as a wild west gang of gunslingers. HOT!

I think current Bono would make an excellent Willie Wonka in a remake. Think of it, him in that suit with the ruffled shirt and bow tie, top hat, his hair a little curly, saying all those witty lines and singing all those songs, how cute is that?

I'd love to hear him recite the last line of the movie: "Don't forget what happened to the little boy who got everything he ever wanted. He lived happily ever after!" because that reminds me of his life. :)

Last edited:
U2Kitten said:
Hey, good idea, this is a switch! I thought it was going to be another one of those 'who would play U2 in a movie' where everybody just lists all the famous actors who look and sound nothing like the band members.:yawn: This is different!

I could see ALL of JT U2 as a wild west gang of gunslingers. HOT!

I think current Bono would make an excellent Willie Wonka in a remake. Think of it, him in that suit with the ruffled shirt and bow tie, top hat, his hair a little curly, saying all those witty lines and singing all those songs, how cute is that?

I'd love to hear him recite the last line of the movie: "Don't forget what happened to the little boy who got everything he ever wanted. He lived happily ever after!" because that reminds me of his life. :)

:eek:

Ohmy! I was interested in the rumors of Marilyn Manson being Willie, but...
:drool:
I still want to be Veruca. I might be a bit old, but, I can sing that song like mad...
But I don't think the director would like what some of my lines would be.
"Daddy, I want to marry Mr. Wonka right now!!"

hmmm movie roles...

Well for Bono I could see him as the next Bond...James Bond.
Do I NEED to explain WHY???? *looks around the room* good... I didn't think so.

Ok for Edge....he could play the scientist who's always making the gadgets and everything James Bond needs! hehe Bono and Edge are the best of friends...why not put them in a movie together.
:laugh: @ just imagining Edge trying to explain to Bono how to work the pen that lets out a knock out gas or how not to open the briefcase
or like AdamsMango said...he could be the scientist who saves the world

Adam.... Austin Powers! Just his way with women :lol:

Larry..... :yes: agree with everyone with him doing like Top Gun or some high speed military movie. Him being like the toughest member of the band but also having that heart of gold....can so see him in something like that.

I could see Bono playing in a romantic comedy, sort of a cute, sweet, well-meaning guy, kind of like Hugh Grant plays sometimes. I could see him pulling off the comedy parts, all the trials he has to go through, the mishaps and whatnot, and we all know he could be very convincing with the declarations of love! And I'll leave dreaming up the love scenes for said movie up to the rest of you.

I think Adam would be like the wise-cracking friend who provides insane amounts of wisdom, sort of like Ben Affleck's character in "Good Will Hunting."

CMM... You sig is killing me!!! I so love when they share the mic :drool:

DML said:

And here I thought I was the only one...I once saw a play of it. It was totally scary.

:scratch: The funny thing is, I always liked the movie when I was a little kid...Now I watch it, and Willy Wonka freaks me out. He's just a few cards short of a full deck...

wertsie said:

:scratch: The funny thing is, I always liked the movie when I was a little kid...Now I watch it, and Willy Wonka freaks me out. He's just a few cards short of a full deck...

Either that or he had too much candy is on a constant sugar high all the time...

flaming june said:
Silly, I know, but I'm bored, so bear with me. What movie role do you picture each of the guys portraying. It can be a specific role or a type of character.

But I can't think of any roles for the others.

Definitely Top Gun material! which BTW, can you just IMAGINE Larry in that Volleyball playing scene?.....Good God!:drool:

Re: Re: U2 Movie Roles - What do you think?

larrysgirl said:

Definitely Top Gun material! which BTW, can you just IMAGINE Larry in that Volleyball playing scene?.....Good God!:drool:

Just the though of it :drool: , and what about the love scene... Larry's beautiful profile in the dark, gawd!!! *melts*

Re: Re: Re: U2 Movie Roles - What do you think?

flaming june said:

Just the though of it :drool: , and what about the love scene... Larry's beautiful profile in the dark, gawd!!! *melts*

:drool: :drool: :drool: ..ohhh-myy--goddd!

and coincidentally,they were showing Top Gun on Action! channel this morning...:D

Here larrysgirl, these should help you picture Larry doing that love scene (Take my breath away playing in the background)

334%3A3%3B2%3B23232%7Ffp36%3Dot%3E2327%3D366%3D%3C49%3Dxroqdf%3E23232%3C3%3A675%3C8ot1lsi

334%3A3%3B2%3B23232%7Ffp35%3Dot%3E2327%3D366%3D%3C49%3Dxroqdf%3E23232%3C3%3A736%3C%3Aot1lsi

334%3A3%3B2%3B23232%7Ffp34%3Dot%3E2327%3D366%3D%3C49%3Dxroqdf%3E23232%3C3%3A73845ot1lsi

334%3A3%3B2%3B23232%7Ffp37%3Dot%3E2327%3D366%3D%3C49%3Dxroqdf%3E23232%3C3%3A73848ot1lsi

:drool: :drool: :drool:

flaming june said:
Here larrysgirl, these should help you picture Larry doing that love scene (Take my breath away playing in the background)

334%3A3%3B2%3B23232%7Ffp36%3Dot%3E2327%3D366%3D%3C49%3Dxroqdf%3E23232%3C3%3A675%3C8ot1lsi

334%3A3%3B2%3B23232%7Ffp35%3Dot%3E2327%3D366%3D%3C49%3Dxroqdf%3E23232%3C3%3A736%3C%3Aot1lsi

334%3A3%3B2%3B23232%7Ffp34%3Dot%3E2327%3D366%3D%3C49%3Dxroqdf%3E23232%3C3%3A73845ot1lsi

334%3A3%3B2%3B23232%7Ffp37%3Dot%3E2327%3D366%3D%3C49%3Dxroqdf%3E23232%3C3%3A73848ot1lsi

:drool: :drool: :drool:

*smiles really WIDE*

oh yeah baby! he is a beautiful creature, isn't he?:heart:

flaming june said:

:yes: :larry: =:drool: =:love:

I love this man!!!

Made an avatar out of the Tattoo pic!:D

<--------------------:drool:

thanks for the pics hon!

OMG! i just thought of something..Moob avatars!

Last edited:
Bonochick said:
I made this still of Larry's tattoo from "Walk On"...it's kinda dark though...

I went ahead and took the liberty of adjusting that pic a little bit(hope you don't mind!) here it is:

adjusted.JPG

It still came out a little too dark..i also made an avatar out of it:

adjusted2.JPG

and why do you ask? 'Cause i'm bored now!

larrysgirl said:

I went ahead and took the liberty of adjusting that pic a little bit(hope you don't mind!)

No, that one looks a lot better! I've got too different comps at home, and the one I'm usually on is good for making animated gifs and is faster overall, but my other computer is the best for photo editing...I didn't feel like running back and forth between computers to lighten it. :D

Back
Top Bottom